• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played 30+ hours on the console version and 8 on the PC.

Yet I can't do the follow up attack after a guard break. I just keep getting the normal attack.

I've tried pressing the button straight away, waiting, move forward then press, holding the stick, not holding the stick.

Can't figure it out :(
Wait till the guy falls to the ground

Sanctuary

I preloaded my game on Thursday, and am just now getting around to playing it. It was at 97% complete, but now it's saying that it's going to be 25 minutes for the last 3%?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Forest of the Fallen Giants question, early game.

I came across a ladder in the ramparts of the castle area, this is before the first boss even. The ladder had several "Warning: Death above" messages in front of it. So I climb it really slow and try to peak over the top before my guy gets off the ladder. I guess I triggered the boss because a giant bird flew in, dropped off a huge knight with a giant sword and shield. Well I was technically still on the ladder, not on the platform. So he just kinda stood there... then disappeared into the ground. Now when I go back I cant trigger it again, he's just gone. I've even died and started from the bonfire and tried again, he won't come back. Did I miss this guy for good or is there a way to get him back to fight?

I came across a ladder in the ramparts of the castle area, this is before the first boss even. The ladder had several "Warning: Death above" messages in front of it. So I climb it really slow and try to peak over the top before my guy gets off the ladder. I guess I triggered the boss because a giant bird flew in, dropped off a huge knight with a giant sword and shield. Well I was technically still on the ladder, not on the platform. So he just kinda stood there... then disappeared into the ground. Now when I go back I cant trigger it again, he's just gone. I've even died and started from the bonfire and tried again, he won't come back. Did I miss this guy for good or is there a way to get him back to fight?

You'll see him later.

That's a one-time event but you get to face him again somewhere else.

Panda Rin

it's a one-time encounter. you didn't miss anything. you can kill him there though if you wanted to.

Keep playing. :)

legacyzero

Banned

I'd like to know the same thing. I actually fought him once though, and he kicked my ass. He does show up again later, though.

Panda Rin

I'm having some trouble with weapon durability...

I've been putting my summon sign down by the three sentinel guys. I could go through about 3-4 runs before my sword would break. After I broke it two times, I can now barely do 1 run before I have to go back to the bonfire to repair it. Is there something I'm missing here? Does breaking the sword decrease the durability?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

dont worry

edit: HOLY SHIT THIS MASK THE INVADER DROPPED. I dont even care about the stats, Im using this shit!

I will be buying the game shortly, never beat Dark Souls... I am fearful but I love a challenge. And no GFWL is a big value-add as well. Any tips on a character a relative newcomer should start with?

Tecl0n

These statues...
i guess there's some item or weapon that breaks the petrify, can it be bought or it must be found?

I used Poison Moss before fighting
the Baneful Queen,
and it had literally no effect. Poison built up just as quickly as before. What?

Also, why does this game feel so bad? The run button becomes unresponsive after you use up your stamina, the weapons have barely any weight, the parry feels terrible.

Sullichin

the Baneful Queen,
and it had literally no effect. Poison built up just as quickly as before. What?

Also, why does this game feel so bad? The run button becomes unresponsive after you use up your stamina, the weapons have barely any weight, the parry feels terrible.

If you use up all of your stamina, you have to wait for the bar to recovery fully to sprint again. You're
missing something with that boss fight.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
the Baneful Queen,

You can't run again until the bar is full.
The weapons feel fine to me.
I don't bother parrying much, mainly because the animation is way shittier than DS1 and it's faster just to cut a fool.

bigol

the Baneful Queen,

the run doesn't start immediately if you use all your stamina, it's not a bug, or unresponsive

When finally understanding what Bearer of...seek...seek..lest was...
cain-smile-frown.gif

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Unless there is another console exclusive Souls game some day, I can't see myself ever playing this on anything but a PC. There is a night and day difference between the console versions and the PC version when it comes to online connectivity. I throw down a summon sign almost anywhere and I'm being summoned right away.

I don't think too many people used the small white soapstone in the PS3 version of DS2. I see them everywhere in the PC version. It's awesome to be able to summon people while you explore an area and not feel like you have to rush forward to the boss fight.

Still no luck getting my DS4 to work, but I've got a 360 controller so it is fine.

Arulan

Has anyone found out how to edit the camera sensitivity through a config file of some kind? The in-game selection range is quite limiting.

Oh yes, it's more active than Dark Souls PC launch too as far as I can tell. Blood stains everywhere, player ghosts everywhere, messages popping in in realtime. A wonderful sight to behold.

For sure. DS1 was a relative ghost town by comparison on every playform. I remember the PS3 launch feeling so empty and disappointing. Dedicated servers FTFW!

the Baneful Queen,

Dark Souls 2 was made by largely a different team. Many of the designers and pretty much all the main programmers did not work on this game.

What does that mean?
When you get hit by poison attacks, you get the poison bar and it goes up, if it fills up you're poisoned. When I say reduces the build up, it means that it empties that bar so you don't get poisoned. When I say reducing the rate at it would build up, I would be talking about the speed at which that bar fills.

You use Poison Moss not to prevent poison or get resistance to it, but to either get rid of the build up or to cure the status. You shouldn't be using it before the fight, but during it.

alazz

Wow, Co-op is amazing. Leagues better than DS1. I spent all of last night being summoned in for bosses. 25
Bone Lords
, 5
Ruin Sentinels
, 5
Covetous Demons
, 3
Lost Sinners
. Now I need to get my Faith to 55.

I will be buying the game shortly, never beat Dark Souls... I am fearful but I love a challenge. And no GFWL is a big value-add as well. Any tips on a character a relative newcomer should start with?

Get Adaptability to 10 quickly, and then 15 sooner rather than later. Dodging takes a lot of leading to be reliable at values under 10, I think. 20 is also a noticeable difference (I leveled them in increments of 2-5), and I'd recommend it.

Don't over-level, because you should instead summon people for help. And don't worry about losing souls, really. Put your summon sign down (you can do this while undead!) in front of bosses. A few runs will net you plenty of souls. And there are signs all over the place, so there's almost never a wait. If you want to co-op, don't talk to the stone in Majula (
Company of Champions covenant prevents co-op and maybe makes the game harder; made this mistake until after I beat my fourth boss, but it didn't really seem to increase the enemy damage output or health?
I ).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got to
Harvest Valley, joy, a poison level
>_> going to backtrack to
Huntsman Copse
tho, because there was
a castle after a big bridge with a red invader that killed me, and I want to kill him (and see what that castle is)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is there a set of armor good for poison resist that I can get before I deal with (location)
Harvest Valley?
I know about the ring, but you don't get that until a bit later.

z1ggy

Unless there is another console exclusive Souls game some day, I can't see myself ever playing this on anything but a PC. There is a night and day difference between the console versions and the PC version when it comes to online connectivity. I throw down a summon sign almost anywhere and I'm being summoned right away.

I don't think too many people used the small white soapstone in the PS3 version of DS2. I see them everywhere in the PC version. It's awesome to be able to summon people while you explore an area and not feel like you have to rush forward to the boss fight.

Still no luck getting my DS4 to work, but I've got a 360 controller so it is fine.

I hope the success of this game encourage japanese devs to bring their strong brands to the PC (AKA Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear, etc). Maybe i wont need to buy a console...

Ropaire

Banned
Have any Blue Sentinels managed to invade anyone so far? I have no trouble connecting to others via White Summon Stone, but I've been playing as a Blue for twenty hours or so and not once has the Guardian's Seal ring pulled me into someone's game, and every time I try to use a Cracked Blue Eye Orb the game tells me it can't find anyone.

Is nobody sinning? My precious fantasies of being a righteous blue Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom