• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, serious question...

Did they make the game easier on PC? Because so far only the
Executioner's Chariot
boss fight was the only I had to go at twice... Out of 8 or so bosses.

I guess it's time to go face the
Lost Sinner
for some actual challenge!

Several bosses have been nerfed and NPC summons buffed. Also, if you are experienced it should go a lot easier.

Sinner was nerfed :(

nowai

Multiplayer matching is only based on soul level, so if you stay at the same level you will be able to continue to play in that range.

Nerp. It's actually the opposite. Multiplayer is 100% based in soul memory.

Unless they patch it, you are artificially putting yourself at a disadvantage staying at a lower soul level.

After 12 million soul memory, all bets are off. Be prepared for the army of Havelyn Mages you will face as you keep playing.

Do I get anything by proceeding forward without the 4 souls?

A bro fist bump. I was disappointed that different events didn't occur.

I even tried not lighting the
primal bonfires
, but nothing changed.

eXistor

Sorry if this has been asked a million times (didn't really follow the game since the original announcement, I wanted to go in as blind as possible), but is the camera supposed to be this janky? I can't seem to get any kind of smooth control over it. To prove my point I went back to DS1 and it had a perfectly smooth camera, but in DSII I just can't seem to get used to it, I can't even make a circle if my life depended on it. Using either a DS4 or Xbox 360 controller makes no difference.

Syril

Has anyone who's played with keyboard+mouse found a control setup that's workable? I've been having trouble figuring out a good one. Also, is there any way to fix the ridiculous half second delay when you click to do a light attack?

xBladeM6x

Sorry if this has been asked a million times (didn't really follow the game since the original announcement, I wanted to go in as blind as possible), but is the camera supposed to be this janky? I can't seem to get any kind of smooth control over it. To prove my point I went back to DS1 and it had a perfectly smooth camera, but in DSII I just can't seem to get used to it, I can't even make a circle if my life depended on it. Using either a DS4 or Xbox 360 controller makes no difference.
The camera seems like it does weird ovals around your character, not a circle.

d00d3n

Nerp. It's actually the opposite. Multiplayer is 100% based in soul memory.

Unless they patch it, you are artificially putting yourself at a disadvantage staying at a lower soul level.

After 12 million soul memory, all bets are off. Be prepared for the army of Havelyn Mages you will face as you keep playing.

Interesting ... I was just repeating what other people have said in these ot threads, but I have never tested ng plus myself.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I want to take a minute and talk about the most horrendous texture in the whole game:
0Gq6Xii.jpg

Look at this, i know what they tried to do, basically it was supposed to be a pile of random stuff throwed away but it looks like some shitty spray mural art.

I don't understand why your weapon breaks after like 10 heavy attacks.

It doesn't make any sense and it completely removes the idea that you can have a favorite weapon.

pixlexic

Banned
so i decided to go for hexes on pc. i mained a sorcerer on the ps3 so this time I am building up faith annndd.... holy shit miracles are alot more powerful than sorceries!

lighting spear destroys everything.

Sullichin

I want to take a minute and talk about the most horrendous texture in the whole game:
0Gq6Xii.jpg

Look at this, i know what they tried to do, basically it was supposed to be a pile of random stuff throwed away but it looks like some shitty spray mural art.

The
Skeleton Lord
boss room also has bad looking tiled corpse textures.

Played about 10h since yesterday. God, it's amazing. I can't believe how smooth the online is now. Too early to compare it to the other Souls games, but I am loving every minute.

0Gq6Xii.jpg

More like most hilarious texture in the whole game. What were they thinking.

nowai

Interesting ... I was just repeating what other people have said in these ot threads, but I have never tested ng plus myself.

Ya, that was the common wisdom when the game first dropped. Unfortunately, we found this isn't the case.

With the current implementation of soul memory, you character has a sort of expiration date. The more you play, the closer you get to 12 million SM and the Havelyn Mages. No fun.

Illusory Wall is a contributor to the wikidot and has been doing a lot of testing.

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/82388055002/dark-souls-2-online-matchmaking-is-the-same-in-ng

Arkanius

Ya, that was the common wisdom when the game first dropped. Unfortunately, we found this isn't the case.

With the current implementation of soul memory, you character has a sort of expiration date. The more you play, the closer you get to 12 million SM and the Havelyn Mages. No fun.

Illusory Wall is a contributor to the wikidot and has been doing a lot of testing.

http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/post/82388055002/dark-souls-2-online-matchmaking-is-the-same-in-ng

Havelyn Mages?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So I am at
Earthen Peak
just about to fight
Queen Mytha
, but everything has just started kicking my ass, I feel so weak!

Are there any recommended weapons and armor at this point in the game? I feel like I must be missing something!

Also what the hell helmet is the one with the really long spike thing on top? I see so many people with it!

Final question! I have so many boss souls but I have not found anyone to use them with, am I missing something again? :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was JUST thinking to myself looking at my UI "27k souls huh... bet im gonna lose them all soon", not 5 seconds after that, I casually stroll into a fucking hole, after clearing almost all of
that fortress in the poison area

thats it for me tonight, more tomorow lol >_<

bump for new page

Doesn't matter, really.
ADP and END are at their soft caps. Either go something into FTH/INT for magic support or put the rest into STR/VIG if you want to stay full melee. VIT is also okay if you want to wear heavy armor, but less important.

A few point in DEX can be okay since some weapons require higer DEX.

Levyne

Banned
Fell off a cliff like an idiot, just turned around and helped kill a boss again for humanity. So awesome.

I'm a little stuck through, I've clear through (two bosses)
Sinner and Orstein
but both lead to dead ends. I'm just not sure where to explore next. I used my (item)
stone healing branch
on the
Soul trader and not the lady on the switch
so I need another way to go..

Edit: Oh wait, I just found
Licia
again. Maybe this will lead me.

xBladeM6x

As awesome as the ENB is, it still has little glitches and places where it's nigh impossible to use, like in
The Shaded Woods in the completely white forest.
Will being using Durante's based mod until ENB is developed a little further. Here's so hoping there ends up being some sort of compatibility between them in the future.

These ENBs ARE encouraging though. To see people tweak the colours and look of the lighting etc. is really nice and it will get better but I hope it doesn't turn out like Skyrim's ENBs where everything is just super high contrast and an obnoxious amount of Bokeh.

Sure it looks decent in shots but playing with those settings is horrendous. I hope some tamer version get made (wish I could mess with that stuff myself)

HoosTrax

I've only just now killed the optional mini-boss of Iron Keep, who gives you a nice bonfire spot. I'm pretty sure there are people on my Steam friends who have finished the game already, based on their screenshots and achievement unlocks.

I don't know if it's because I've been solo up to this point, or if people already played it on console, or if I'm taking too much time to explore and poke around the scenery, or if I'm just plain inept...

---

Someone brought up the point earlier that DS1 had more interesting bosses, and I have to agree so far. I don't think there's been anything in DS2 so far that's been as awe-inspiring as the dragons from DS1; it's a lot of mostly humanoid creatures.

Phinor

Fun to read people 1 shotting all the bosses. I just spent a bit over 3 hours on the second boss in the game (
The Pursuer
). Around 100 attempts because it's a quick run to the boss but this is going to be a long game at this rate, I frequently die on the regular mobs too. Dark Souls 1 felt ten times easier than this one. Kalameet was perhaps the only boss I struggled with (in NG+) as much as I do in the early parts of Dark Souls 2.

Everything feels so sluggish. Raising your shield takes forever and I just rely too much on the shield anyway. Still, it's a damn Souls game and I'll play through it no matter what it takes. At least I have something easier to play when DS2 gets too rough, Trials Fusion extreme tracks.

Despera

Banned
Defeated the
Lost Sinner
on my first try... How is that even possible?

Either I sucked big time when I was playing the PS3 version or the added frames made the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom