• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad would outweigh the good, but I wish it was easier to message people now that its on Steam. Say thanks for the summon or whatnot. I don't think you can message people on Steam unless they're friends first.

Edit: OR TO YELL AT THE 5TH GUY IN A ROW TO KILL THE HOST WITH THE BALLISTAE.

Zeliard

Defeated the
Lost Sinner
on my first try... How is that even possible?

Either I sucked big time when I was playing the PS3 version or the added frames made the difference.

Not to take the wind out of your sails, but From apparently nerfed the fight's difficulty. But existing experience and an actual good framerate should benefit you in every encounter.

So I've heard this bit of contextless advice from a couple places, that you shouldn't
pull the lever.
My question is,
which lever is it? It's had me avoiding the multiple ones I've seen through the game
and my mind needs peace.

xBladeM6x

Anyone with modding abilities, is it possible to make custom sound effects? So for example, change the loud as high pitched Lifegem to something custom?

I really hope the bosses get challenging soon, as the difficulty seems a bit reduced from DS1. (Funnily enough, some of the normal mobs seem less merciful as well.) I'm starting to get worried.
Lost Sinner
was a joke in comparison to the
Ruin Sentinels
. I seem to be using the same strategy for most bosses, as well.

This really makes me want to avoid leveling up all together despite advice to the contrary.

Calibus

Never used ENB before, so a couple questions:

1.) Is it easy to install/setup, or pro gamers only?

2.) Can it run concurrently with Durante's program, or will I have to disable one or the other?

xBladeM6x

Never used ENB before, so a couple questions:

1.) Is it easy to install/setup, or pro gamers only?

2.) Can it run concurrently with Durante's program, or will I have to disable one or the other?

1: It's easy enough, though at the moment not very practical as it just came out and needs some work.

2: Durante's needs to be disabled.

I really hope the bosses get challenging soon, as the difficulty seems a bit reduced from DS1. (Funnily enough, some of the normal mobs seem less merciful as well.) I'm starting to get worried.
Lost Sinner
was a joke in comparison to the
Ruin Sentinels
. I seem to be using the same strategy for most bosses, as well.

This really makes me want to avoid leveling up all together despite advice to the contrary.

There are some tough one's ahead, but if you are breezing through now, there probably won't be too many that get you outside of some gimmicks.

HoosTrax

No not that one, that one just
opened the door to the boss there.

You will receive lots of warning messages, prompting to turn back from the switch. You won't miss it.
Ah ok, I wasn't sure if that was the cause of me getting invaded constantly while trying to get to the top and kill the optional boss of that area. I don't even know why I bothered; I don't think I got any significant reward afterwards other than another way to get to the Bastille, after I had already finished that area.

Riposte

Did I just play with NeoGAF mod Aenea who promptly rolled off a cliff seconds after welcoming me?

Anyway, need tips on dual wielding, anyone using it?

BadTaste

So uh
dragonrider
dudes getting to him were harder then he was.

All those guys are good practice if you don't use a shield. Tbh I feel gimped without a shield on some fights, I can't beat
The Pursuer
.. only tried twice but got destroyed. (i'm dual wielding swords)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought this for when I finish my spring or whatever classes, but I also had an extra code for PC. I gave it to a pal and he said he didn't like it after playing for two hours. Man, I wish I could get that code back. Lol it should of gone to better use.

There are some tough one's ahead, but if you are breezing through now, there probably won't be too many that get you outside of some gimmicks.
Hopefully my lucky streak will end.
So uh
dragonrider
dudes getting to him were harder then he was.
He would have been even easier if you
found two levers
beforehand.
All those guys are good practice if you don't use a shield. Tbh I feel gimped without a shield on some fights, I can't beat
The Pursuer
.. only tried twice but got destroyed. (i'm dual wielding swords)
Yeah, you really have to play it safe. Dodge the attacks and then attack him immediately after (once or twice only) in that downtime before he starts up again. Patience and coordination.

Are covenants given a description in-game or simply something you need to look up? I'm trying not to use a guide at all, but I'd like to know what the benefits for joining one over another are.

eot

Banned
\[T}/

I finally beat
the Gargoyles.
Didn't summon (company man) and was completely out of all healing by the end. Such a battle of attrition. Feel soo good :D

Spending the weekend at my parent's, was going to continue on my brother's PC but the damn game doesn't support cloud saving.
Fuck this.

In this area

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/468682266803046343/029290AD4B0D551DD8EF66B239C401769CA9C206/

How do I do a damn thing without getting poisoned?

I feel helpless in this game at times. In some areas the enemies are too easy. Others I get destroyed and I know I'm not powerful enough just yet...

So lost at times.

That enemy isn't as scary as it looks. Also, equip armour with more poison res. There might be some ring as well, but I haven't found it yet.

Worst case, just make suicide runs for the items :p

Booshka

In this area

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/468682266803046343/029290AD4B0D551DD8EF66B239C401769CA9C206/

How do I do a damn thing without getting poisoned?

I feel helpless in this game at times. In some areas the enemies are too easy. Others I get destroyed and I know I'm not powerful enough just yet...

So lost at times.

You can avoid most of the poison if you ignore most of the loot, but if you wanna grab stuff, then just use Lifegems to counteract the damage over time of the poison. Poison hurts a little more than Lifegems heal, but you will still do alright if you just pop 2 lifegems for every full poison bar. Lifegems are also much cheaper than Poison Moss, so if you are low on Moss, just go buy some Lifegems from Hag Melentia and you'll do fine.

Despera

Banned
Not to take the wind out of your sails, but From apparently nerfed the fight's difficulty. But existing experience and an actual good framerate should benefit you in every encounter.
That's what I asked about in an earlier post since the difficulty of all the bosses I encountered so far seem to be significantly nerf'd.

Another question... Anyone else hear faint whispering sounds in the background? Don't remember hearing that in the PS3 version -_-'

No Man's Wharf
is one of those good but horribly executed areas.
It's pretty short and linear (for the most part), so it doesn't leave a strong impression. But it had some beautiful visuals in points, and I liked the theme of it. At least it gave the torch an actual function, as well.

You can avoid most of the poison if you ignore most of the loot, but if you wanna grab stuff, then just use Lifegems to counteract the damage over time of the poison. Poison hurts a little more than Lifegems heal, but you will still do alright if you just pop 2 lifegems for every full poison bar. Lifegems are also much cheaper than Poison Moss, so if you are low on Moss, just go buy some Lifegems from Hag Melentia and you'll do fine.

is the loot worth it? lol

Aeana

Did I just play with NeoGAF mod Aenea who promptly rolled off a cliff seconds after welcoming me?

Anyway, need tips on dual wielding, anyone using it?

Wasn't me. My name's Aeana, not Aenea!
I did do something kinda like that yesterday, though. Got summoned in the rat area and just suicided immediately because I have no interest in that.

Booshka

is the loot worth it? lol

Sure, might as well try to pick up everything, nothing in this game is too hard to go for really
(except for some loot in Iron Keep)
, and dying isn't much of a reason to avoid loot. Souls can be gotten in all sorts of ways, so don't worry about losing them because there is plenty of unique loot to be found in dangerous places.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is anyone else getting randomly disconnected from the servers while playing? Had no problems the last time I played (launch night). =/

I thought DEX wasn't that viable? I'm rolling through enemies with Rapiers.

Rapier is boss in DSII. Fast, decent damage and stun locks galore due to gimped Poise. Also, you can still parry with them when power stanced because it's on the R2.

Roll R1, R1, L1 (power stance) owns face in PvP.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you can also quickly guard break between pokes. So you can poke (R1), then throw a guard break (Forward + R1) while they are staggered to try for the Riposte if it drains their stamina (indicated by the Matrix bullet time stagger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom