• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoLaN

That feeling when you are fighting a boss, everything goes well, but then your weapon breaks and you finish him with 4 greatshield hits

Trickster

The invaders are part of a Covenant to protect the bell tower, so they are essentially on the side of the enemies. It's an area designed to make you rage and scream.

mission fucking accomplished then. always being outnumbered by players, being the only one getting aggroed on by mobs, not getting any reward for killing said invaders is just fucking terrible all round. Oh and I almost forgot, every invaders lags out their ass so actually trying to win by proper dodging and parrying and whatnot is just imfuckingpossible

Just beat the boss in the ship. My mace was either supremely overpowered (and I've only upgraded it to a level 4) or that was the easiest boss I have fought so far. Like I went in with the ring that will let me keep my souls if I die expecting the worst since the darkness ET motherfuckers could seriously hurt you if you weren't careful. So here I was thinking the boss would be really hard. And it ended up being such a letdown. Either ways I reached the second
Lost Bastille
checkpoint after the boss, so I decided to transport to the one I got after the Pursuer since I hear that's more forgiving, but I'll go through both paths.

Grief.exe

Just rang the bell at the top of the tower in Last Bastille, I heard something moving.

Any hints on where to go from there? I didn't see what was moving.

I then got invaded by two Bell Keepers and subsequently decimated. I'm actually in that covenant too

eot

Banned
I stood around for 10 minutes trying to get an invader to follow me up a ladder. He was an NPC! Pretty embarrassing.

Also, I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the Large Club. I have it at +5, along with a Mace also at +5 and the Mace does around 2/3rds of the damage, attacks much faster and isn't prone to missing like the Large Club is. I try to use it because I loved it in DkS but it's hard to find a situation where it's actually better.

Arkanius

Just rang the bell at the top of the tower in Last Bastille, I heard something moving.

I then got invaded by two Bell Keepers and subsequently decimated. I'm actually in that covenant too

The door on the bottom floor opened.
Have fun at the boss

It just opened a gate in front of the fog door in that same tower.

cm osi

yes being in the covenant doesnt save you from invasion if you enter the tower. if you equip the ring outside the tower you invade other players in luna/sol towers

Dizzy-4U

I got to the boat and got killed by the boss because my health was too low. Is there a bonfire nearby? It's a long way to get there (I respawn at the bonfire where the masked lady shows up).

Dresden

What's the problem with soul memory?

Soul levels are no longer relevant for matchmaking purposes. Every soul you collect - whether you lose it or use it - pushes you up into playing with players in that same range. Meaning that min-max in this game consists of dumping every point you can find into stats.

I got to the boat and got killed by the boss because my health was too low. Is there a bonfire nearby? It's a long way to get there (I respawn at the bonfire where the masked lady shows up).

Not that I could find, and I searched around. But there's a
building you passed by before getting to the boat that has a door you can open that works as a shortcut to the main area. So if you didn't open that area you might have to rush there
and hope you don't get killed haha.

Zeliard

Soul levels are no longer relevant for matchmaking purposes. Every soul you collect - whether you lose it or use it - pushes you up into playing with players in that same range. Meaning that min-max in this game consists of dumping every point you can find into stats.

And along with that, amassing souls through co-op inevitably and continuously limits the range of players you can interact with as you progress through the game.

Dizzy-4U

Not that I could find, and I searched around. But there's a
building you passed by before getting to the boat that has a door you can open that works as a shortcut to the main area. So if you didn't open that area you might have to rush there
and hope you don't get killed haha.
Well, that sucks. I think I opened the "shortcut" you're talking about though.

Superflat

Weird. Never really thought about how it was doing matchmaking -- assumed it was the same from Dark Souls.

Potentially neat, though it could be kinda hard to compare and match soul levels with my friends if we want to coordinate a co-op.

AHA-Lambda

Really? *sigh*

I'm not liking alot of the changes they've made this time =/

Ah, that's good to know. I've been kinda holding back...not sure I like this system though.

Booshka

I stood around for 10 minutes trying to get an invader to follow me up a ladder. He was an NPC! Pretty embarrassing.

Also, I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the Large Club. I have it at +5, along with a Mace also at +5 and the Mace does around 2/3rds of the damage, attacks much faster and isn't prone to missing like the Large Club is. I try to use it because I loved it in DkS but it's hard to find a situation where it's actually better.

If you use the Great Club then the Mace will only do half of its damage. ; ) Large Club is still an excellent weapon though, far more poise damage than the Mace, bigger hitbox and can literally smash foes into the ground. Keep upgrading it and your Strength and you wont be disappointed.

And along with that, amassing souls through co-op inevitably and continuously limits the range of players you can interact with as you progress through the game.
Yeah I'm hoping they remove this feature sometime in the future, It makes me not want to help others with bosses since it will push my soul memory way past where it should be for multiplayer action...

wickfut

Banned
The DoF is annoying, but my god. That looks sooooo much better. Looks almost exactly like the Demo.

The DOF is made for a first person perspective , its focus is whatever is in the centre of the screen-- which is your character.

If you want to change the DOF to something mellower then open the enbeffectprepass.fx and change the first lines to this:-

// Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Boris Vorontsov
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// 0915v2
// edited by gp65cj04
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

//+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//internal parameters, can be modified
//+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

//#define NOT_BLURRING_SKY_MODE

#define DEPTH_OF_FIELD_QULITY 1
//#define AUTO_FOCUS
#define static dof
#define TILT_SHIFT
//#define POLYGONAL_BOKEH
//#define POLYGON_NUM 5

// for auto focus
float2 FocusPoint=float2(0.9, 0.2);
float FocusSampleRange=1.00;
float NearBlurCurve=2.00;
float FarBlurCurve=1.00;
float DepthClip=10000.0;

// for static dof
float FocalPlaneDepth=0.2;
float FarBlurDepth=95.00;

// for tilt shift
float TiltShiftAngle=20.0;

// common
float BokehBias=1.00;
float BokehBiasCurve=0.75;
float BokehBrightnessThreshold=2.20;
float BokehBrightnessMultipiler=0.50;
float RadiusSacleMultipiler=1.50;

// noise grain
float NoiseAmount=0.0;
float NoiseCurve=0.0;

float ChromaticAberrationAmount=1.0;

[/quote]

Levyne

Banned
Oh, you can
sell items for souls in this one
? That's new, right? Maybe my memory is failing.

Edit: Quickly seeing that this is so not worth it, haha.

This may have already been discussed to death but I wonder why DS4Tool gives my Dualshock a bigger deadzone vs this other tool (1.3 or something) I used. Wonder if it has to do with me using it wirelessly?

no D:

MSqmGGs.jpg

No Man's Wharf is incredibly frustrating. I really needs to have a better shortcut. The enemies individually aren't hard but you have to spend time taking them slowly. If you just run past and go straight to the boss at least three or four follow you the whole damn way there in a tight pack :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom