• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm rolling a Strength build with Large Club + 4 and Estoc +2. I must say, I hate that the Estoc only has 35 durability.

Any recommendations for Strength weapons? Also, do you guys 2H or 1H weapons? I feel kind of uncomfortable unequipping my Drangleic shield...

PvE btw.

Unless you want to try a Greatsword class, clubs kick ass. The Drangelic shield is also very good for a long stretch of the game. There aren't much medium shields better for stats. Gyrm Greatshield is excellent for strength.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm rolling a Strength build with Large Club + 4 and Estoc +2. I must say, I hate that the Estoc only has 35 durability.

Any recommendations for Strength weapons? Also, do you guys 2H or 1H weapons? I feel kind of uncomfortable unequipping my Drangleic shield...

PvE btw.

I've bought a Mace and upgraded it to +5 and the game got pretty easy all of a sudden.

Grief.exe

I've just been PVP'ing in the Bell Tower all afternoon. What a blast!

Swimming in Titanite Chunks right now, I just need Large Titanite Shards!

Apparently putting a warning message about troll hidden door messages have paid of extremely well, I got a rating every minute or so while going through No Man's Wharf which made it extremely easy, didn't die a single time and made it back to Majula with over 40,000 souls.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Just fought
MK
, he still looks like his console counterpart :(

Here's how my character looks like at the moment
zHVotB0.jpg

sixghost

I ran into that problem within the first 3 weeks on PS3. I got so many souls from co-op that by the end game I could not get summoned anywhere, even if I left my sign in a spot for like 20 minutes while doing other things.

It's an awful system that doesn't even fix the problem it's attempting to cure.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ExQbF84LXRSY0lZZXduZklJd2c&toomany=true#gid=0

And when you're getting something like 20k souls a pop for helping a host beat even just mid-game bosses, your soul memory will add up awfully quickly.

Were you in NG+?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't really get Belfry Sol. Is there anything of note here at all? No boss or anything.

I wouldn't think Iron Keep would be such a bitch, but all these tiny ledges and corridors.... I don't even know how many times I've fallen in the lava. Must have pissed away like 100k worth of spuls here, ugh. Haha

blado

I'm not too far in, but the valley of the giants and ensuing area are a lot more interesting than its undead burg counterpart. A lot more to explore, and some more dangerous traps. Really enjoying myself so far.

Tecl0n

wait a second i just beat
Lost Sinner and it gave me a "great soul"...then all the bosses that i have beaten until now, were not part of the four that the quest is about?

eot

Banned
Does anyone actually use three weapon slots? It just piles on the equip load. I kinda wish they didn't count if they aren't equipped.

Raxus

wait a second i just beat
Lost Sinner and it gave me a "great soul"...then all the bosses that i have beaten until now, were not part of the four that the quest is about?

Nope

There are still other routes you can take to reach the other 3 great souls.

sikkinixx

Bastille boss fight was rough, even with help. Yikes. Still a bit sad I'm using almost all the original gear... 8 hours in and I haven't found cool shit. Even while doing co-op most people all have the same stuff.

On a plus side, miracles still crush <3 and I really dig the amount of summonings. I love getting to a new area and helping someone out for a while and getting some knowledge of the land so when I go through I don't die so fucking much. Kind of like an interactive walkthrough. blah blah it ruins the experience blah blah, it's wonderful. I don't like being overly frustrated.

Oh but the weapon deterioration is fucking awful. So fucking awful. I have to have two weapons because one wears out so damn fast. Ugh. And given so rare titanite shards seem to be I have my "boss" hammer and my 'fodder' club, the latter of which is WAY less powerful ;(

Booshka

Bastille boss fight was rough, even with help. Yikes. Still a bit sad I'm using almost all the original gear... 8 hours in and I haven't found cool shit. Even while doing co-op most people all have the same stuff.

On a plus side, miracles still crush <3 and I really dig the amount of summonings. I love getting to a new area and helping someone out for a while and getting some knowledge of the land so when I go through I don't die so fucking much. Kind of like an interactive walkthrough. blah blah it ruins the experience blah blah, it's wonderful. I don't like being overly frustrated.

I see no problem with putting your sign down and checking out an area for the first time as a summon, it's in the game, it's smart and fun. Blind playthrough solo is a special experience, but nothing wrong with using tools and mechanics the game gives you.

Zafir

How does one do so? Can't believe I missed this, I'm at the first boss.

The woman near the bonfire in Majula. You have to talk to her a few times to get her to level you up though I think. As I spoke to her a few times and she didn't give me the menu, and then I came back another time and she decided to let me that time. I can only assume it was due to not talking enough if it is unlocked on character creation.

Mistel

Banned
PvE btw.
Mastodon greatsword A scaling at max upgrade nice moveset not that heavy, I 2H most of the time it's a nice greatsword for it. You might also like the giant warrior club or the demon great hammer.
what armor is that
Alonne Captain helm and torso with Alonne Knight arms and legs to complete the full set.

MEsoJD

Banned
Anyone getting hiccups/stutters with Durante's tool enabled? It seems when a texture loads or a afterimage of a player at the bonfire appears it stutters... Game plays perfectly without it so I just want to confirm.

BadTaste

I beat
Lemmywinks
after 4 tries, and pledged my allegiance to him. (
I mean the rat boss
).

I used just my off-hand in that fight, the Rapier. It's quick thrust is handy.

Sullichin

You can turn it off.

LOL my bad, but yeah, I did some clumsy fighting on the vid. SL 206 on this character.
No! My bad, I misread the soul count as 4 million+ and I made a stupid assumption.

If only soul memory is there to match people online, what's stopping people from maxing their character and fast roll with the heaviest of armors?
Nothing. Although there's no point of going to max level because that's still crazy.

Tecl0n

No! My bad, I misread the soul count as 4 million+ and I made a stupid assumption.

Nothing. Although there's no point of going to max level because that's still crazy.

But, fast rolling with -insert whatever is the equivalent to Havel's in this game- is kinda hard to turn down.

Facism

Just got to Drangleic, level 61 :3 I think i was 75 by this time on PS3. Too much shit to buy from the vendors.

Applied the DOF changes to the ENB and holy hell the brightness and contrast is obnoxious. So many details lost

w7RJ5UV.jpg

Can't even make out the guys hair style
4AGXjU9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom