• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
If you use the Great Club then the Mace will only do half of its damage. ; ) Large Club is still an excellent weapon though, far more poise damage than the Mace, bigger hitbox and can literally smash foes into the ground. Keep upgrading it and your Strength and you wont be disappointed.

Ah, oh well. I haven't found the Great Club yet :p
Just got my first Great Soul.
Should I have found it by now?

Venfayth

Does anyone know why occasionally I lose huge chunks of durability off my Black Knight Halberd? I'm talking like losing 10-15 out of the 60 or 70 durability in one attack, if not more.

sixghost

What's the problem with soul memory?

It really doesn't matter that much. The big issue is when you are trying to get into a specific person's game, as you need to be within a certain level range and soul memory range. There are so many people playing the game now that it's not like you are going level yourself out of being able to summon people. It will be a problem a long time from now when the player base has shrunk, but they could just increase the range to deal with that when it happens.

Arkanius

Don't know where to go from here stat wise

4FD5BB9CE226510F65F3D17D7ADF134592287465

I'm Melee.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I have my doubts that we will be seeing any console version of a Souls game running at 60fps unless it's ports of the PS3/360 games to the PS4/Xbone. You're not taking graphical escalation into account. With better hardware they will want to do more demanding graphical effects, which will in turn most likely push whatever console they develop for more and so far From Software haven't exactly been shown to be technical wizards in the slightest.

have you ever played an otogi game ? FROM are tech wizards for life for getting those to run smoothly on og xbox.

4FD5BB9CE226510F65F3D17D7ADF134592287465

I'm Melee.

INT or FTH for dem buffs

deeTyrant

Does anyone know why occasionally I lose huge chunks of durability off my Black Knight Halberd? I'm talking like losing 10-15 out of the 60 or 70 durability in one attack, if not more.

If you are using an attack where the animation hits the ground at the end you tend to lose a bunch of durability really quickly.

Item Spoilers
get the bracing knuckle ring (and its + & ++ variants) as soon as possible to alleviate this issue on most runs, bonfires are never all that far apart in this game so with one of those rings you shouldn't really ever have a weapon break, apart from the odd long boss fight

Soul levels are no longer relevant for matchmaking purposes. Every soul you collect - whether you lose it or use it - pushes you up into playing with players in that same range. Meaning that min-max in this game consists of dumping every point you can find into stats.

That's going to be broken sooooooo fast.

I've killed hackers in the first game that gave me millions of souls. If that happens in DkS2 I'm basically fucked from matchmaking? Dumb.

Clott

I read that in order to get the DS4 to work in have to go into the DStool and select hide controler.

The problem is the file I downloaded only has the server program that shows the DS4 is connected and working, where do I download the tools with the options?

AHA-Lambda

I'm seeing people reference trying to keep their loads under 70%. Why 70%?

I've been trying to keep mine under 50, like in past Souls games. Am I as well using the extra weight?

I'm getting the impression, I need to invest in this adaptability stat now.

I've been trying to keep mine under 50, like in past Souls games. Am I as well using the extra weight?

Above 70% gives you noticeable slower rolls and movement. Everything below that seems to get gradually faster. I'd recommend 50 though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there a way to make phantoms appear? Sometimes the room is full of potential phantoms and other times there are none, in the same room, im about to hit a boss and would love a help like I did the last one.

Cerity

No Man's Wharf is incredibly frustrating. I really needs to have a better shortcut. The enemies individually aren't hard but you have to spend time taking them slowly. If you just run past and go straight to the boss at least three or four follow you the whole damn way there in a tight pack :lol

It's like this for most of the bosses so far. I'm playing pure sorc and I spend about 30 seconds getting to a boss and then get squished 2 seconds in.

I'm thinking about making a melee/tank char to learn the game properly, I'm too impatient to endure the 1-2 hit death at every boss so far.

Tecl0n

If only soul memory is there to match people online, what's stopping people from maxing their character and fast roll with the heaviest of armors?

Booshka

50% equip load is worth it for the longer rolls, and the faster stamina regeneration. If you really like your armor/weapons and getting that low is a problem though, then 70% is alright.

Dresden

I'm Melee.

Vigor for health, Attunement for extra agility and some slots for pyromancy if you're not against the idea of casting in general.

Roll distance and stamina regen increases the lower your load goes.

And yeah, agility (the stat increased by adapt and attune) is king. Get it up to 100 at least.

Levyne

Banned
I just freed
Rosabeth. She wants clothes. Does it matter what I give her?
Lol. I don't know what I'm going to do if the answer is "Yes".

Dresden

If only soul memory is there to match people online, what's stopping people from maxing their character and fast roll with the heaviest of armors?

There's nothing stopping them. You'll see people with nearly capped hp, fast rolling in the heaviest of armors, casting the highest tiers of sorcery/hex/miracles.

Soul levels are no longer relevant for matchmaking purposes. Every soul you collect - whether you lose it or use it - pushes you up into playing with players in that same range. Meaning that min-max in this game consists of dumping every point you can find into stats.

Arghh... so basically if I care about co-op with my much less playing friends (which I do), I shouldn't be hanging out around bosses being summoned all day long when they aren't playing? I've just been spending tens of thousands of souls on life gems, throwing knives, collecting armour sets, etc... just because I didn't want to level up more so we could still co-op later. But that won't matter..? :(

Booshka

why are DEX INT builds so unpopular in this game?

cuz Hex Dex is so much better, phonetically and objectively. Dex scaling for physical scaling is terrible, so min/maxing for weapon requirements, then infusing with dark and buffing with dark is the PvP meta right now. If you are going to crank INT for spell damage, then there are much better weapons to use than those that rely on Dex scaling as well.

@eot, you didnt miss it, continue on exploring and you should find it.

Hint:
Go down, way, way down.

Zeliard

It really doesn't matter that much. The big issue is when you are trying to get into a specific person's game, as you need to be within a certain level range and soul memory range. There are so many people playing the game now that it's not like you are going level yourself out of being able to summon people. It will be a problem a long time from now when the player base has shrunk, but they could just increase the range to deal with that when it happens.

I ran into that problem within the first 3 weeks on PS3. I got so many souls from co-op that by the end game I could not get summoned anywhere, even if I left my sign in a spot for like 20 minutes while doing other things.

It's an awful system that doesn't even fix the problem it's attempting to cure.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ExQbF84LXRSY0lZZXduZklJd2c&toomany=true#gid=0

And when you're getting something like 20k souls a pop for helping a host beat even just mid-game bosses, your soul memory will add up awfully quickly.

Zafir

Oh dear. Putting a summon sign down in front of the 3
sentinels
seems like a bad idea. Every single one seems to have the host die straight away lol. >.<

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
My soul level is already like 110+ and I've only lit 2 Primal Bonfires.

How boned am I in terms of soul memory?

I haven't had anyone summon me at all.

Levyne

Banned
Alright, need to take a break. I found entrances to the
Harvest Valley
and the
Shaded Woods
(areas) so those I will tackle in a couple hours.

Booshka

My soul level is already like 110+ and I've only lit 2 Primal Bonfires.

How boned am I in terms of soul memory?

I haven't had anyone summon me at all.

At a certain point you are going to need to just NG+ in order to find any co op action. Although you may have just hit a dry spell because you grinded a little too hard before the later game areas. Activity should pick up later on. Late game on NG cycles is usually anywhere from SL 100-150, so there is a lot of wiggle room for summons.

fuck yes finally beat
those sons of bitches in bastille
thanks to the help of 2 fellows i summoned!

now my problem is i have about 30k souls but i don't know where to go with them. i am a sorcerer and i am level 20 int/faith and then str about level 16. haven't put many souls into health or stamina. i am level 10 in dex. where is a good spot to go from here?

Bucca

At a certain point you are going to need to just NG+ in order to find any co op action. Although you may have just hit a dry spell because you grinded a little too hard before the later game areas. Activity should pick up later on. Late game on NG cycles is usually anywhere from SL 100-150, so there is a lot of wiggle room for summons.

Ah thanks a lot. That's much more reassuring.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
^I love the Alva armor. I'm never taking the chestpiece off.

I thought 60% was what you don't want to go over [edit] if playing a light character. Is there a difference from 50% to 60%.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is there a place to farm effigies? Thanks to my shitty internet, helping others out in coop to regain humanity is not a reliable option.

Bucca

^I love the Alva armor. I'm never taking the chestpiece off.

I thought 60% was what you don't want to go under if playing a light character. Is there a difference from 50% to 60%.

Rolling differences are a lot smoother this time around when transitioning to different weights.

I doubt there's that much of a difference in 10%, but I don't know for sure.

Weird. Never really thought about how it was doing matchmaking -- assumed it was the same from Dark Souls.

Potentially neat, though it could be kinda hard to compare and match soul levels with my friends if we want to coordinate a co-op.

I think this might explain why a guy like me, who already consumed souls of bosses I know won't make a weapon I'll use and used those points for leveling up, summoned a guy with a giant fucking hammer lol. I still only have a +4 Mace and a +3 Heide Knight sword and about to tackle
Old Bastille
so I don't know how far away I am until I start finding more ores so I can make weapons that reflect my level better.

I think that once I start using heavier weapons I'll go down in defense and use the elite knight armor over my current one, since either ways it seems like people using my armor are strength builds.

Chakan

The DOF is made for a first person perspective , its focus is whatever is in the centre of the screen-- which is your character.

If you want to change the DOF to something mellower then open the enbeffectprepass.fx and change the first lines to this:-

Thanks a lot wickfut.

I did almost all the changes. However, for the line below I used "0.00" instead of "1.00" and now its perfect. At least for me.

Code:
float	BokehBias=0.00;

Using "1.00" makes everything way too bright.

Levyne

Banned
Is there a place to farm effigies? Thanks to my shitty internet, helping others out in coop to regain humanity is not a reliable option.

Dogs
outsides of the smith in Bastille. But I guess I died too many times around there and they went away :(

JLeack

Banned
So I'm rolling a Strength build with Large Club + 4 and Estoc +2. I must say, I hate that the Estoc only has 35 durability.

Any recommendations for Strength weapons? Also, do you guys 2H or 1H weapons? I feel kind of uncomfortable unequipping my Drangleic shield...

PvE btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom