• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh, hitting a wall with a certain later boss.
The Duke's Dear Freja

Some real bullshit going on with her moveset.

I'm not 100% sure, but that is how it worked for me.

It's either you dying to enemies in a subset of the area, or killing them. Not quite sure how it all adds up, but I know I've killed enemies less than 12x in the forest of the giants (and died in the interim), yet had them stop spawning.

_DrMario_

Weapon durability is retarded. Going from
McDuff's workshop
to the boss was enought to almost break my Fire Longsword and that took only 5 minutes.

Aretak

Man, invading in the bell towers is just too much fun. Been smashing people all day with my Mace +10. I now have 198 Titanite Chunks
but not a single goddamn Large Shard.

If I use a bonfire ascetic to respawn enemies, is it mandatory that I battle a boss again? And how much harder are they?

No, but you get better rewards if you do. If you burn it in regular game it bumps it to NG+. if you use it in NG+ it bumps it to NG++ plus adds enemy placements like more dark / red spirits.

Vitor711

Just try a regular Mace, Morning Star may be same damage type but it does less damage because of the scaling and lower base damage.

Magic Mace loses some physical damage because of the infusion, so just get a regular mace, and upgrade it normally. At around +5 or so, a regular Mace will carry you through most of the mid-game.

Perfect, thanks. Will focus on that and saving up to get the Alva armour set for now. Should help nicely.

Booshka

Doesn't he sell only one?

Vendors replenish their stock and add new items as you progress further through the game and spend more and more Souls on them. So it's a good idea to keep checking on vendors and to invest in them all, especially blacksmiths and ore traders.

Started a new game with the Knight, wasn't much of a fan of the sorcerer. Had my first death to
The Pursuer on the square platform area. Was extremely annoying, had a guy helping me but I ended up dying because of some curse thing (not fully sure) that basically took 75% of my health (at least it felt like that).
So I got annoyed and quit.

The mace makes the early game hilariously easy. Finally got my Hexer stuff, now time to casul up STR builders.
I just spent like 3 hours creating a high res text and UI pack and then I learned that Dark Souls II doesn't grab from the relative position, it grabs from the absolute position for the UI textures.

Aaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhauhguahguh
l̰̝͕a̕ŕ̡̜̻̜̠̬̤͈g̺̯͙̈̆̐̚͠e̼̳̦̼͎ͪ̐̚̚͠ͅ ͓̲̺̺̳̩͚̉̅ͬ͗̈́̀b̛̬̯̠͚uͭͣͭ̈ͯ҉͈͙͍t͍̗̥̹͘ ͔͛̉͋̌ȟ̻̬̋̈́o̞̝͐͠l̂ͦͬͯ̽ȇ̘̗͉͎̗̾ͦ̏̎͌̃͟

Zemm

I'm up to huntsman copse now and so far it's been pretty straight forward. I'm liking the atmosphere of most of these levels but I don't feel the level design comes close to matching DS1 so far, although I'm still enjoying them.

The boss encounters feel extremely lazy for the most part.

RK9039

Tried one of the ENB mods, it honestly reminds me of the PS3 network test with the old lighting. I'm in Huntsman's Corpse right now as well and I can just barely see anything without a torch.

If only there was a way to use it and Durante's mod at the same time.

eot

Banned
Black Gulch
I was a little disappointed to get another great soul so quickly, it felt like a much shorter path than to the first one. The Rotten was a fun boss though, I got him down to 5% health and then died at least three or four times. Having to use the torch in the area before it was also kinda neat actually. I still can't buy Large Titanite Shards anywhere though, what the hell :(

Just summoned an npc and beat the
Ruin Sentinels.

That was a tough fight but it was a lot of fun.

I had something odd happen earlier. I put down a small summon sign and got summoned into another player's world.

He had summoned another player as well so 3 players in total. But when he walked through the mist it said that he had left the area and I was sent back to my world.

The next time it worked so I'm assuming it was a connection issue.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is that durante mod as nub friendly as DSfix was, or do you need to actually...ack...do stuff?

Swuabino

How come some covenant achievements require you to join and others seem to just require the option to? :X

You don't actually have to join any of the covenants for the achieves. You just have to get to the prompt that asks if you want to abandon your current covenant and the achieve should pop. Some (Brotherhood of Blood) have a few additional prompts before getting to the actual Join prompt. You can just answer yes to these initial prompts without fear of leaving your current covenant.

Grief.exe

I just released GeDoSaTo DS2 edition 0.3 - fixes the AO issues with fog gates, bonfires, other alpha blended effects, and general fog:
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=510

Awesome!

Black Gulch
I was a little disappointed to get another great soul so quickly, it felt like a much shorter path than to the first one. The Rotten was a fun boss though, I got him down to 5% health and then died at least three or four times. Having to use the torch in the area before it was also kinda neat actually. I still can't buy Large Titanite Shards anywhere though, what the hell :(

I'm in the same shard predicament as you.

Took some shots with the ENB Mod if anyone wants to check them out.

ibpB8Buafrn9ay.png

That's insane!

DOF really suits the art style as it covers up some of the low quality textures.

I had something odd happen earlier. I put down a small summon sign and got summoned into another player's world.

He had summoned another player as well so 3 players in total. But when he walked through the mist it said that he had left the area and I was sent back to my world.

I think that happens if the boss is already dead. Not sure why he'd summon you though.

Zafir

You don't actually have to join any of the covenants for the achieves. You just have to get to the prompt that asks if you want to abandon your current covenant and the achieve should pop. Some (Brotherhood of Blood) have a few additional prompts before getting to the actual Join prompt. You can just answer yes to these initial prompts without fear of leaving your current covenant.

Well, I've gotten the yes no joining prompt and the achievement hasn't popped for either the champion one(stone in Majula), or the
belfry
(area spoiler) one. I haven't joined a covenant yet because I was planning on the joining the Sun one.

goonie

That just means the host killed that boss already.

Edit: Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom