• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to go search the area again, I've beaten both bosses in that zone.

I'm assuming I've just missed an exit after the
Skeleton Kings
. I've found
Undead Purgatory
, but I did not find any way through there.

I misunderstood where you were when I posted. Keep going from where you are now, it's coming very soon. It is not in the
Copse or past Purgatory

JLeack

Banned
I've been losing to Chariot for 3 hours. Every time I gain humanity and co-op, my teammates don't have microphones and die instantly.

mannerbot

I've been losing to Chariot for 3 hours. Every time I gain humanity and co-op, my teammates don't have microphones and die instantly.

Why do you need summons? The boss is really simple.
Just hide in doorways, keep skeletons to manageable numbers until you can kill the necros. Are you having trouble with phase 2? The attacks are heavily telegraphed and don't do that much damage.

Are there plenty of places to buy those "human effigy" things? I want to have a lot of those to restore my health after dying a good number of times.

That death penalty health decay is such a load of BS.

No one sells an infinite amount, though they are farmable to a degree from certain enemies.

More importantly though, there's a way to reduce the penalty of hollowing, if you find a certain item, similar to the Cling Ring from Demon's Souls. Keep your eyes peeled.

Helping someone beat a boss also restores you to full humanity, just in case you didn't know.

How do you do that exactly?

This game doesn't even explain how the co-op works!

Sheeeesh! They really gotta friggin create a user tutorial for people who aren't as acquainted with this series' conventions.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

It's not that tough when you understand the fight.

Go in with a shield, Just run through and kill the sorcerers. Hide in the side holes when the chariot comes running.

After the sorcerers are dead, the skeletons won't respawn. The chariot will kill most of the skeletons anyway so you can just back up in a hole with your shield up until he runs in a circle and kills them all.

Then after closing the gate it's just a regular, not too difficult boss fight.

Are there plenty of places to buy those "human effigy" things? I want to have a lot of those to restore my health after dying a good number of times.

That death penalty health decay is such a load of BS.

Did you pick up the Ring of Binding
(It's in a chest in front of the Cathedral, just next to Heides.)
? It is very early in the game and limits the HP penalty to 80% or something at full hollow.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Rocking
Smelter Demon
armor with
Vengarl's
helm and am just sitting under 70% thanks to the equip load ring!

Was rocking the entire
Vengarl
set before, but the upgrade in armor and resistances of
Smelter
was just too big.

JLeack

Banned

Who says whining never works? I just destroyed Chariot the first try after whining.

I'm going to whine more like a child in the future.

It's not that tough when you understand the fight.

Go in with a shield, Just run through and kill the sorcerers. Hide in the side holes when the chariot comes running.

After the sorcerers are dead, the skeletons won't respawn. The chariot will kill most of the skeletons anyway so you can just back up in a hole with your shield up until he runs in a circle and kills them all.

Then after closing the gate it's just a regular, not too difficult boss fight.

My issue was thinking my Estoc +3 was a good choice against Chariot for its speed. My Club +5 was doing 5x as much damage making my shots count.

Did you pick up the Ring of Binding
(It's in a chest in front of the Cathedral, just next to Heides.)
? It is very early in the game and limits the HP penalty to 80% or something at full hollow.

I think I was in that area.

I know I got Heides sword. I don't think I picked up the ring though.

Is the Cathedral in the Heides Tower area?

Adaren

How do you do that exactly?

This game doesn't even explain how the co-op works!

Sheeeesh! They really gotta friggin create a user tutorial for people who aren't as acquainted with this series' conventions.

If I remember correctly, it was originally a bug that they decided to make part of the game. Sort of an excuse?

If you use the small soapstone you only need to beat a few enemies to restore your humanity, it's much easier.

Didn't know that; thanks!

Blinck

you should check out the tunnel that goes to Heide's Tower of Flame again...(do not warp to Heide's bonfire, go from Majula)

After the Dragonrider,
talk to the lady until she decides to move to Majula and then look for her there.

Thank you guys!
I was starting to lose my shit, I looked everywhere but there god damnit! At least I got a few things that I missed when going over these areas again :p
Cheers!

Nibel

I think I was in that area.

I know I got Heides sword. I don't think I picked up the ring though.

Is the Cathedral in the Heides Tower area?

There is a spot where you encounter 3 knights - two guys with shield + sword at teh very left and right, and one dude with a huge ass great sword in the middle. To get to the first boss of the are, you have to go right and down the stairs and defeat another knight with great sword; to get to the cathedral though you have to go left and kill two other knights, go up the stairs, kill another knight to make the switch appear with which you lower the bridge

In front of the cathedral is what you are looking for

Booshka

Wanna help me when I get there? :p

It'll probably be a few days. I think that boss is pretty far from where I'm at.

Thanks to Soul Memory that won't be possible. He will have way more Souls accrued and will be out of your matchmaking bracket, regardless of his Soul Level.

That being said, there are always a ton of signs for Smelter Demon, so you are bound to get some help.

Nibel

So, I finally found some Pharos Lockstones - can I use them without much thought? Or might this influence my game in any way like locking away optional content such as quests and NPCs?

That being said, there are always a ton of signs for Smelter Demon, so you are bound to get some help.

Help is relative. There are a lot of scrubs there. Chime in again when you get there, I am moving slow on my playthrough and may get there the same time as you.

JLeack

Banned
So, I finally found some Pharos Lockstones - can I use them without much thought? Or might this influence my game in any way like locking away optional content such as quests and NPCs?

Eh, some are for shortcuts, others for treasure. You can use them without much thought and not be punished too much but their benefits are sometimes extraordinary.

Arkanius

Soul Level 158. About to fight the last boss.
Never seen a gold sign anymore, but lots and lots of Dragon covenant signs everywhere. I feel alone in this world :(

You will eventually get plenty of stones, but early game there are more doors than stones so it's a bit of luck and remembering to go back on the ones you passed.

Soul Level 158. About to fight the last boss.
Never seen a gold sign anymore, but lots and lots of Dragon covenant signs everywhere. I feel alone in this world :(

That is a pretty high level for endgame. Most folks have moved on to ng+ so it is not too surprising summons are few, not to mention the bulk of the player base is no where near the end.

Bucca

That is a pretty high level for endgame. Most folks have moved on to ng+ so it is not too surprising summons are few, not to mention the bulk of the player base is no where near the end.

I just made it to the first bonfire in
Drangleic Castle
and I'm SL110. Should I be fine in terms of summons for the rest of the game?

JLeack

Banned
Any tips for getting into
The Gutter
? I just dropped down to the first platform and despite having full health, being Human, and having 24 Vitality I died.

Arkanius

I had two buddies for the last fight which appeared after I said I was alone.
I... I barely did anything, those Sunbro's were javelin the boss from afar. I only laded like 4 hits.

Loved the game and did most achievements other than collect all Miracles and Hexes.

I just made it to the first bonfire in
Drangleic Castle
and I'm SL110. Should I be fine in terms of summons for the rest of the game?

That looks good assuming you haven't gained a ton of Soul memory that was spent or lost outside of leveling. Should be fine assuming enough folks have made it there.

Bucca

That looks good assuming you haven't gained a ton of Soul memory that was spent or lost outside of leveling. Should be fine assuming enough folks have made it there.

How do you check your Soul Memory? Is it the amount of souls you've gathered in total?

I think that number is around 1 million now :lol.

Odrion

Banned
Used my one soul vessel to give my player two attunement slots for pyromancy.

Find the trainer.

Trainer dies.

Go to find the gravestone to resurrect said trainer, it's not there.

Look up on google and apparently the game has a common glitch where said NPC's gravestone just won't appear.

Fuck this woooooooooooorrrrlld. >:\

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Really hoping this can live up to my expectations, I love from software.

Facism

My faith/hex build is currently just a faith build lol. Lightening Dragon chime +5 and sunspear does some mad fucking damage.

When I get the chime of want ill spec it for hexes in ng. Great resonant soul is proper quick.

I had two buddies for the last fight which appeared after I said I was alone.
I... I barely did anything, those Sunbro's were javelin the boss from afar. I only laded like 4 hits.

Loved the game and did most achievements other than collect all Miracles and Hexes.

LOL, happened exactly the same on my first playthrough. Unfortunately, many Sunbros are not in it to make sure you have a good experience.

Ghazi

This one got me as well. Coming off from a dex heavy dark souls character, I was sure I'd survive that fall with a little bit of health left. Misjudged, I suppose. Was my first and only death so far.

Any tips for getting into
The Gutter
? I just dropped down to the first platform and despite having full health, being Human, and having 24 Vitality I died.

Buy the Cat ring from the cat merchant in Majula and put it on, profit.

Miletius

So far, it's been awesome. Going in completely blind has helped me appreciate the little things so much more. I will say that it feels like a return to form for me, rather than a totally new experience though. I know how to play now, and it's improved my play a ton.

I also enjoy the fact that the community is so active right now. Can always help or be helped when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom