• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellite25

Late game spoilers

I just killed Vendrick and the went to get his soul. Is there anything else I need to do first or is it time to got to the castle and go through that door that was previously unaccessible without the King's ring?

No, does End actually make you roll faster? Like I said, I haven't put too many points into it yet. I got a few points of Vig to raise the equip load, but then
I got that ring that made it less pressing

Is adaptability worth getting? It's only at 7 atm. I'm already spreading myself thin over Vig, Vit, End, Str, Dex, Atn and Fai, and Fai has yet to have any real combat applications.

Ah nope, purely checking because you had mentioned disliking rolling as well as the poor gains from levelling endurance at the same time, I thought you may have inadvertently chosen the wrong stat (since it was End in DS1).

I've heard good things about ADP, but I've not experimented with it myself yet. But it should make everything faster as well as increase iframes when rolling IIRC.

Grief.exe

Spoiler for the boss in Black Gulch

All of you Dark Souls II vets from the console release probably know this, but you can cut off the arms of The Rotten!

http://i.minus.com/ibzY0hkrjPzHof.jpg

Black Gulch may look tough initially, but just take your time and pay attention. I did the whole thing solo and helped a few people out.

Late game spoilers

I just killed Vendrick and the went to get his soul. Is there anything else I need to do first or is it time to got to the castle and go through that door that was previously unaccessible without the King's ring?

You'll need to visit a few other door's opened by the King's Ring first. At least, it will be a dead end if you don't.

cm osi

All of you Dark Souls II vets from the console release probably know this, but you can cut off the arms of The Rotten!

Black Gulch may look tough initially, but just take your time and pay attention. I did the whole thing solo and helped a few people out.

yup, there are some things you can cut but sadly none of them drop things.
you can cut the tail of the
big scorpion lady
too

you can skip a big part of black gulch using the lucatiel route too

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
iMAvhsgk4KKft.png
Fashion Souls
Saint Hood
Falconer Armor and Gloves
Lucatiel Trousers

Ellite25

You'll need to visit a few other door's opened by the King's Ring first. At least, it will be a dead end if you don't.

Well I did all the memories already. What other doors are there? I went to the one that has the bonfire followed by the memory tree and I believe I went through one in the shaded woods.

Awesome, I never did that. Can he even damage you like that? Or did you not find out.

Well I did all the memories already. What other doors are there? I went to the one that has the bonfire followed by the memory tree and I believe I went through one in the shaded woods.

If you did the memories, then there is nothing left besides The Throne of Want, there is still the Pilgrims of Dark Covenant side quest, but you can do that after. NG+ doesn't start right away after finishing the game, you can clean up business before proceeding.

kanuuna

I'm using ur ENB
coupled with this guy's stuff http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/16/
but his enb setting just way too much bloom

ENB looks good but the ghosting and rays of Sun r gone. praise the sun :(

enb for now then switch back to Sweetfx
Thanks for the feedback. I agree the ghosting is pretty bad, but I don't suppose there's any other cure for that than to pray for Boris to give a damn.

I actually uploaded my preset to Dark Souls II Nexus
just now as well. If you're still using what I linked earlier with the updated enbseries.ini file, it shouldn't be much different from what I had uploaded to Nexus. I think I adjusted the AO to be a little less agressive, but it's nothing you'd notice without a comparsion.

Ellite25

If you did the memories, then there is nothing left besides The Throne of Want, there is still the Pilgrims of Dark Covenant side quest, but you can do that after. NG+ doesn't start right away after finishing the game, you can clean up business before proceeding.
Cool. Time to finish this game up then :)

Oh, wait, another question:

Can all achievements be completed in the first run or one does need NG+ like in Dark Souls? (I ended up in NG++++ in DS.)

Just considering going all in and 100% this game.

edit:

Wait, wait, sorry another question!

The armor set featured in the old trailers and pre-lighting downgradeaton, can it be acquired at a store or do I need to find it in a treasure?

cm osi

Man, just got to
Iron Fortress
and the
katana wielding knights
are kicking my ass.

they're cute. they always run under my falling great club like they desire it

now the lions on the forest. that's something you can't stagger. they probably have infinite poise

Can all achievements be completed in the first run or one does need NG+ like in Dark Souls? (I ended up in NG++++ in DS.)

edit:

The armor set featured in the old trailers and pre-lighting downgradeaton, can it be acquired at a store or do I need to find it in a treasure?

you need ng++

ubique

What brightness setting do you guys play on? I've seen a lot of people with the default setting but I find it too washed out.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

edit:

Depends on how much
PvP you do. You can get almost everything except the spell specific trophies that either require lots of pvp to unlock specific spells, or buying the missing spells in NG++

Arjen

edit:

You could get it all in NG, but then you'll need to use bonfire astetics and grind the shit out some covenants. I think most people get it in NG++. Armor set is a treasure about half way in the game.

fade_

What brightness setting do you guys play on? I've seen a lot of people with the default setting but I find it too washed out.

That would depend on your display profile. After calibrating my monitor the default looks colorful for me and the blacks look black. Obviously not as good as with sweetfx/enb.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I can see how it would be annoying to some people, but
getting summoned as a grey spirit in the Pharros place was some of the best pvp I've had in this game. It's the ONLY pvp I've had actually other than the Bell Bros. I haven't had a single traditional red invader after 17 hours of play!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Look out, Demon's Souls. You've got competition. And this means a lot, since it's coming form me - someone who strongly disliked DkS and consider DS to be in the top 3 of all time.

Booshka

getting summoned as a grey spirit in the Pharros place was some of the best pvp I've had in this game. It's the ONLY pvp I've had actually other than the Bell Bros. I haven't had a single traditional red invader after 17 hours of play!

From made it really hard for Red Invasions on NG, getting Cracked Orbs on New Game is very tedious, and Soul Memory matches out most invaders from players anyway. Which is unfortunate because of how easy it is to stomp through the game in co op. The balance of risking invaders when going human to summon help is non-existent on New Game.

With how clean and smooth all the co op connecting is, it would be a lot more fun for invaders to be able to shake up things a bit before the 2 or 3 man Bro-op squad roflstomps their way to the boss.

All of those shenanigans are pretty much reserved for NG+ and beyond.

Sullichin

Using Lion Greataxe in Bell Covenant PVP. The reach sucks but I'm doing fairly well with it considering. I need to invest in a bow and some poison arrows though.

epmode

So having ignored most pre-release information on this game, I just found out about the despawning enemy mechanic. And it really sucks.

Vitor711

Mace hits harder than Morning star, the detail you are looking for is the Attack type, Thrust, Slash or Strike. Strike damage is the ticket, that is what you want to use against armored foes. Most strike weapons do a lot of poise damage as well, so you can stagger enemies quicker and they will stay stunned until they die.

I thought Morning Star was strike damage also? Or will the magic mace still out hit it? Will give it a shot anyway and see for myself.

Grief.exe

Awesome, I never did that. Can he even damage you like that? Or did you not find out.

He can't touch you lol

So having ignored most pre-release information on this game, I just found out about the despawning enemy mechanic. And it really sucks.

It only kicks in if you die a ridiculous amount of times.

Kicked in for me when I died ~10 times in a row trying to roll to the shortcut door in Last Bastille.

I've had amazing fun with the pvp in this game, especially in those areas. It's just so much fun when you don't know what to expect because the game is new (to me) and the netcode has been very solid for me, though you still have to anticipate movements like in DS1. Haven't met any cheaters either, nor many dishonorable combatants.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I just spent like 3 hours creating a high res text and UI pack and then I learned that Dark Souls II doesn't grab from the relative position, it grabs from the absolute position for the UI textures.

Aaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhhhauhguahguh

Im playing with shield and an upgraded 1h sword and the game is way too easy. every boss died within 1-5 tries, i even firsttried a few. It's like all Bosses just Pause for 1-3 Secods after each attack to give you enough time to hit them. And i ignored all media and just play by myself without knowing what to do or where to go. Strafing + Backstabbing is the way to go for 99% of all enemies - I really wish they had implemented more interesting fights instead of just adding more multiple enemy groups

Booshka

I thought Morning Star was strike damage also? Or will the magic mace still out hit it? Will give it a shot anyway and see for myself.

Just try a regular Mace, Morning Star may be same damage type but it does less damage because of the scaling and lower base damage.

Magic Mace loses some physical damage because of the infusion, so just get a regular mace, and upgrade it normally. At around +5 or so, a regular Mace will carry you through most of the mid-game.

Not going to spoil anything for you, but there are ways to de-casualize this mechanic and then some. I wouldn't worry about it, just takes out some of the pointless repetition unless you actively cheese it.

Yeah,SL146 is NG+ territory my friend. You are way over leveled. I finished the game on the PS3 at SL120 or so.

I don't know about that. I'm SL147 (Been lvling my magics) and I'm getting summoned left and right without being in NG+. That said it's been mostly in Brightstone Cove Tseldora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom