• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullichin

Fuckk I just killed
Ornifex when i swung at a ballisik. Killed him in one hit.
I'm guessing I'm fucked because I killed him at his first location.

Fuckk I just killed
Ornifex when i swung at a ballisik. Killed him in one hit.
I'm guessing I'm fucked because I killed him at his first location.

That sucks, worth a shot to try and get a pardon, but you may be out of luck this playthrough. Did you drop down the
ambush hole or the other one.

Finally beat the
Pursuer by cheesing it and using one of the ballistas, then I went to this nest and an bird took me to this other area, which is hard as hell. Made it to what I assume is the Boss, three tall knights that have been kicking my ass non-stop for the past 1.5 hours. I'm beginning to feel this boss is O&S + 1.

nbthedude

tumblr_n4ecb8znzb1rctu9po1_500.jpg

Really? I honestly really really like it. Having to manage durability (using rings, making repair powder more useful...) adds a very fun spin to it, and totally justifies repairing being automatic at bonfires. It also incentives variety to the same character (along with the 3 weapons slots and items that are a lot more useful).

I only bought Homeward Bones in the first game, but now I'm always buying knives and shit becauase they're really good. Always have my bow equipped too.

This was one of the things I thought they really got completely right.

I totally agree. It adds depth, strategy and tension. In the first game it was way too easy to use one weapon as a crutch. Now you have to think about a back up or use other items. And there is a great tension when you are deep in an area and your weapon is at risk and you have to make tough decisions about what to do.

IT also forces you to play smarter. You get penalized heavily in durability if you smack walls all the time or abuse your good weapons on rock or tough enemies while they are blocking. You can't just wail on guys all the time anymore. You have to play smarter.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Finally beat the
Pursuer by cheesing it and using one of the ballistas, then I went to this nest and an bird took me to this other area, which is hard as hell. Made it to what I assume is the Boss, three tall knights that have been kicking my ass non-stop for the past 1.5 hours. I'm beginning to feel this boss is O&S + 1.

Until you meet the numerous other bosses that have more than 2 coming at you at a time.

Finally beat the

You can look forward to
O&S -1
later in the game.

Finally beat the

Come back later, there is another area adjacent to Majula that is worth going through before the Bastille.

Gvaz

Banned
Man, I'm just now entering huntsman's copse after defeating sinner's rise and im 74 with like over half a million in soul memory.

I get tons of bellbro invasions while there, but fuck no one has invaded me once in 14 hours of play

this sucks. way of blue sucks, sents suck even worse.

justjim89

Defeated the Pursuer by using the Ballista and two helpers. Kinda cheap, but a win is a win. Same with the Dragon Rider, I shot him from the bridge until he put his shield up, and then it only took one hit in the actual fight to kill him.

Just made my way through Dead Man's Wharf pretty easily and moved the pirate ship, went back and leveled up and quit, I'll explore the ship later. But I really like the aesthetic of the Wharf, like how so many enemies look like Vikings on leave and they're passed out in the bar. Really enjoyable area.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Come back later, there is another area adjacent to Majula that is worth going through before the Bastille.
What area is that? I went through Bastille and am now at Sinners' Rise and the boss there is fucking ridiculous. Can't even attempt it without dying instantly due to the speed at which he swings.

Got a good 1H recommendation for the
ruined sentinels? I've been 2H Demons Great Hammer up to this point and used it on all the other bosses, but a shield seems like a must for this one. Is it worthwhile to level up the craftsman hammer I got from the Lost Bastille smith? I'm thinking a strike weapon would be best, I tried to 1H a greatsword but it's damage was unimpressive against them (it isn't buffed at all though, it just looked like the "best" weapon I could 1H).

I also enountered them as a mage and while before I could do almost all bosses by rolling/evading them and then use magic, there is not enough place to evade them.

And I still have the first staff.

Any tips for these as a mage?

SOLDIER

Is there no way to configure the controls on a gamepad? The in-game configuration only has kb/m. I want to reverse the RB/LB controls to RT/LT.

What area is that? I went through Bastille and am now at Sinners' Rise and the boss there is fucking ridiculous. Can't even attempt it without dying instantly due to the speed at which he swings.

From Majula, there should be another hallway behind the Cat's house. It goes into the sewers and ends up in a new area.

nowai

Are the Item discovery effects of different armor parts stackable?

I honestly have the worst luck with drops. I've stacked gear and used a coin to no avail. Then when I'm wearing zero +find gear, I get mad drops.

On PS3, it took my friends giving me a Black Witch's Staff, Grym Greatshield and a turtlebro chest piece because I farmed all the mobs in NG and NG+ in my game.

Styles

I think (late boss/area spoiler)
encountering King Vendrick for the first time
is probably my favourite moment in the Soul series.

Kalnos

Banned
Really have enjoyed the game, no real complaints other than soul memory which is a huge bummer later in NG. Though, I guess it could possibly be my soul level putting me out of co-op reach.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Do NPC invaders still invade you if you didn't kill them but already killed the boss of the area in NG?

If you get through the boss fog wall the invader is sent to its world. But you can still be invaded in an area with the boss dead.

I wasn't so hot on the game initially, but things really did pick up after the first few hours. The game is definitely a solid entry in the series.

Really have enjoyed the game, no real complaints other than soul memory which is a huge bummer later in NG. Though, I guess it could possibly be my soul level putting me out of co-op reach.

What do you mean by "soul memory" if you don't mind me asking? Might as well add that my DualShock controller died on me yesterday. Kept unregistering with my PC. Got a Sixaxis and plugged that in and it works perfectly. No dropouts what-so-ever.

JackEtc

Guys, I've been having a really tough time here....

I'm been in the Forest of Giants for like 4 hours now making barely any progress and the game is kicking my ass.

Then I realized...I haven't been able to level up or anything?

Is there supposed to be a Woman next to the fire in Mejula? Because she is nowhere to be found in my game.

Anybody know what's up? PLEASE HELP

finalflame

So, I just got to
The Shrine of Amana//
. I have a feeling I'm close to the end; can anyone tell me if I am or not without spoilers? =D

Panda Rin

I'm been in the Forest of Giants for like 4 hours now making barely any progress and the game is kicking my ass.

Is there supposed to be a Woman next to the fire in Mejula? Because she is nowhere to be found in my game.

she should be near the bonfire in majula. look around a bit and try to exhaust her dialogue options. You won't be able to level up until you do so.

Lol, she's not by the fire initially but closer to the edge of the cliff.

Tagyhag

Man I don't know if it's just me but the bosses are much harder than in the first. I did fine with the Giant and the Pursuer but died once to the Priests and almost got ganged up on by like 8 of the 2 handed sword dudes. I feel like I'm not on the right area.

JackEtc

she should be near the bonfire in majula. look around a bit and try to exhaust her dialogue options. You won't be able to level up until you do so.

The city is lifeless besides the blacksmith and the dude sitting up near the giant statue on the hill.

EDIT: Holy shit I found her. THATS WHY THIS GAME HAS BEEN SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS.

Of course now I have no souls to level up with, lol. I feel like a fucking dumbass

HoosTrax

Man the
Shrine of Amana
area is dark souls 2's version of "the real dark souls begins here".
I fell into one of those ragefest downward spirals there. It's one of those things where you get killed repeatedly due to impatience until the entire beginning of the zone is dead and non-respawning anymore, and yet you haven't made any progress.

I should have pulled out my bow right off the bat. Lesson learned.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I believe that the first time you run into her she's actually closer to the cliffside, but you should be able to see her from the bonfire area, at least.

edit: Oh you already figured it out.

be wary of pointless

xBladeM6x

When you first arrive at
Drangleic Castle
, about how far % wise into the game would you say I am. I know I've killed
about 17-21 bosses / mini-bosses
so far.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I fell into one of those ragefest downward spirals there. It's one of those things where you get killed repeatedly due to impatience until the entire beginning of the zone is dead and non-respawning anymore, and yet you haven't made any progress.

I should have pulled out my bow right off the bat. Lesson learned.

I got through it pretty quickly just by equipping
magic resistant armor
and running through. I'm sure I missed some stuff, but shit was not worth the time it's asking for.

Levyne

Banned
I know i missed a few things in the Bastille, so I'm trying to find all that stuff. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, haha.

Found out how to burn the windmill in Earthen Peak. Didn't take long once you guys hinted at it, and there was a helpful note as well.

I can't figure out how to get to this item though!

You have to
fall to it from above
, iirc

I've been sailing along today. Now I have a ton of souls but I don't know if it's a good idea to keep leveling. I don't want to over level myself but I'm running around with 60K souls and nothing else to really spend them on. I'm playing a pure melee character so I have no need for miracles and spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom