• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm already past it, but anyone in the Rat Covenant can fuck themselves straight to the moon.

JUST LET ME GET THROUGH THE AREA AND STOP WASTING MY TIME BY SUMMONING ME.

legacyzero

Banned
Ok everybody. I finally decided to start using GeDoSaTo, and this is my first ever attempt at 3840x2160. How's it lookin?

iRdDT7GXBBSWk.png

Have not jumped into this as of yet. Any issues running on Nvidia GPU's? Any issues with SLI?
I have a single 670, and I've been running at 1800p, max setting with no problems.

Booshka

I'm already past it, but anyone in the Rat Covenant can fuck themselves straight to the moon.

But a talking rat told me to defend this area, if you don't like it you can leave.

where'd you guys get that cool skeleton mask?

also i just got some items from a merchant which includes a sunset staff and some hex clothing. is this worth using? my stats drop pretty drastically with them equipped but maybe they are good over the long haul?

Lazyslob

Banned
okay. maybe im a sucker, whatever but from what i've played, and to the people who complain about the torch aspect of this game, id say it has almost no effect on the game. throughout every "level" in this game, even fishermans warf. it really wouldnt have made it that much more of a gameplay experience. it just makes me realize how much people love to complain.

okay. maybe im a sucker, whatever but from what i've played, and to the people who complain about the torch aspect of this game, id say it has almost no effect on the game. throughout every "level" in this game, even fishermans warf. it really wouldnt have made it that much more of a gameplay experience. it just makes me realize how much people love to complain.

pretty much. you know how neogaf does it! game is awesome and i'm actually liking it more than Dark Souls 1 at this point.... which i also liked a lot!

Bucca

Come back when you've arrived at The Gutter.

burgerdog

Got a ways to go, you are maybe just past the halfway mark.

Wat!? Holy fuck this game is huge. I've only lit one in 20 hours and I'm not having trouble with the game. I'm just exploring every nook and cranny and doing random pvp in belfry along jolly cooperation(helping others.)

Mistel

Banned
okay. maybe im a sucker, whatever but from what i've played, and to the people who complain about the torch aspect of this game, id say it has almost no effect on the game.
Wait till you get to the places where it's actually needed. Unless you've already been to the Gutter.

Drake

IDK man after playing this for like 6 hours so far it doesn't feel like Dark Souls as much. The game play doesn't seem as smooth as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. Your character just seems a lot slower, or has more weight to it, or something. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. Just give me all the content in DS2 and have it play exactly like the other 2 games.

I just discovered and soloed the
Bell Tower Gargoyles
. That was an intense fight and it only took 3 or 4 tries. I was not expecting that when I walked through that fog gate.

Risible

As a maxxed-out BellBro and RatBro all I can say is.....

The princess and the Rat King say Hi!

:)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
IDK man after playing this for like 6 hours so far it doesn't feel like Dark Souls as much. The game play doesn't seem as smooth as Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. Your character just seems a lot slower, or has more weight to it, or something. I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. Just give me all the content in DS2 and have it play exactly like the other 2 games.

Nope. New game, new systems.

Adapt or die.

Bucca

Bucca going all Tombstone on the Bros - "YOU TELL THEM I'M COMING AND I'M BRINGING HELL WITH ME!" :)

I will shove that rat's tail down the princess's throat and use her DEAD BODY TO RING THE BELL AD INFINITUM

wrongway

Haha oh god, I just died so hard failing a jump in the G
utter
that I never respawned. Ended up alt-F4ing out, which gave me a message about not being able to find my DLC, and that it'd 'discard' them. Good thing I didn't care about using the preorder weapons I guess lol XD

Forcing torches would make large sections of the game a royal pain in the ass for characters that rely on shields. I'm glad they ditched it.

Have not jumped into this as of yet. Any issues running on Nvidia GPU's? Any issues with SLI?

SLi has random stutters, its very noticeable frame rate drop by the large hole in Majula. I had to disable it because it hits at random times and can fuck you over in a boss battle.

Based on the name and the timing, I'm guessing
Vorgel the Sinner was an NPC, not a real invader
. I've only been invaded once so far.
It was while going to ring the bell. I'm assuming the Bell Covenant is similar to the Forest Covenant from Dark Souls.

LeBart

So many sexist messages next to female NPCs... It's one thing when they're actually kinda clever, but things like "Woman ahead therefore weakness: tight spot" getting 100+ votes is a bit depressing.

En-ou

when I played dark souls 2 on consoles it felt off but I think it was because i had played dark souls 1 on PC. now that i have been playing it on PC i can definitely say it feels right at home.

We may have a misunderstanding. Have you killed
Lost Sinner
?

If not, then you have more to do in Heides Tower of Flame area.

The boss of that area is the
Dragonrider

I have killed both of them. Figured it out now. The problem was I didn't know
the doors opened by killing people

I've never played a Dark Souls game (well, played about an hour of Dark Souls when getting it during a Steam Sale)

I started a Sorcerer in DK2 because I like Magic but having a very hard time with even some of the starting enemies (big knight dudes)

What is a good class, starting item, etc... for a newbie?

I've never played a Dark Souls game (well, played about an hour of Dark Souls when getting it during a Steam Sale)

I started a Sorcerer in DK2 because I like Magic but having a very hard time with even some of the starting enemies (big knight dudes)

Its up to you, any class can be played by a new person. DS2 was the first Souls game for my wife and she beat the game as a sorcerer.

You need to find a decent weapon other than the dagger.

dekline

Ok everybody. I finally decided to start using GeDoSaTo, and this is my first ever attempt at 3840x2160. How's it lookin?

I have a single 670, and I've been running at 1800p, max setting with no problems.

Looking good. I'm using GeDoSaTo at 4K as well. Game looks and runs like a dream.

So many sexist messages next to female NPCs... It's one thing when they're actually kinda clever, but things like "Woman ahead therefore weakness: tight spot" getting 100+ votes is a bit depressing.

I agree, but I blame From for not seeing 'but hole' comments coming from a mile away.

En-ou

so far i have been to the forest,
killed the giant
, pretty easy fare.
i encountered this
knight dude flown in by a giant bird
twice but got my ass kicked to the curb. am i supposed to come back and face him later? i also left a firebreathing snake alone in some cave, i don't have fire resist gear. and i see some baby dragons in a fire pit. not sure how to get there. but i will return once i get some fire armor.

anyway, i moved on to heide's place and took care of the
knight boss, had to hug him and strafe
like a motherfucker. wasn't too stressful. so did i miss any minibosses or anything? keeping going this way?

and btw, loving the game. matches the first one in every way thus far.

and also if anyone just started and has problems with heavy hitters, just guard and mind your stamina, and don't use roll much. i stopped rolling cause it was the number 1 reason i was dying to the turtle knights and the mace wielders (2nd trash knight you encounter in heide's)

2AdEPT

Look out, Demon's Souls. You've got competition. And this means a lot, since it's coming form me - someone who strongly disliked DkS and consider DS to be in the top 3 of all time.

Congratulations! The only thing they brought back from demon's I dont like is that stun lock rules...but oh well....this one is my favourite by far....even with Miyazaki only a side show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom