• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrion

Banned
I'm still using the Heide sword. I've tried a few alternatives (some boss soul weapons) but I keep going back..
I like the Fire Long Sword way better as the "Drake Sword" equivalent. It gets stronger upgrades and it's moveset is awesome.

I ascended my Bastard Sword to +10 today, but I probably should have done another path as it has poor stat scaling.

If you like that moveset, don't worry, by the time you get to the point in the game where it starts to feel a bit weak you are going to come across a very nice upgrade, hope you got another Slab for it.

Firebrand

So I was aiming to make a Templar Knight thingy, not dissimilar to the one they showed in early trailers... but I wonder if I need to many stats for this to be viable (in PvE).

Current level is 71 with vig 15, end 15, vit 12, atn 13, str 20, dex 18, adp 8, int 5, fth 18. Middling stats all around. I'm not that far into the game I think actually, just beat
Pursuer in the forest castle
and
Old Dragonslayer
, and next I've got my pick between
Lost Bastille slenderknight trio
and
Skeleton mage trio in Huntsman's Copse
. I've not yet reached the point where I've been offered respecs, don't think I'd like to restart the game though.

Reason I've been going after so many things was that I only really touched on miracles and such very late in the first game, and it seemed like fun yet I don't really want to go too light armor as I'm kinda terrible at dodging. Should I just abandon some stats when I get the chance?

I guess I should look into magic weapons with my Fai, but the Heide thing I found seems a bit disappointing compared to the "normal" weapons I have, such as the Vargarian (sp?) Sword, which unfortunately breaks quickly and doesn't have much of a range.

tl;dr: I want to be everything but a sorcerer. Maybe an astronaut

Hellix

Can you still invade people after you beat the final boss? I am assuming it is because of my soul memory that I can't invade anyone.

Booshka

My Great Club has been breaking so much that I decided to Bonfire ascetic the area where it is located and grab another one. Got two of them at +10 so I just quickly swap when one is getting down in durability.

The small white soapstone strat is really great too, just put your little sign down, kill a few enemies and you are good to go. I put one down randomly as I am progressing and get picked up every so often. Especially in the later game areas where you only need to kill like 5 enemies it's a really efficient way to leap frog your way through areas.

Um, I am very early on, question about a possible NPC I killed:
Guy in the tunnel, he was crying about his map I think. Name was Cale? Well I just thought he was a dead body faking it and I realized too late he wasn't.
Heh, I know that's Dark Souls, just wonder what I missed out on.

ANother NPC I have the urge to kill
That Pate guy with the spear...I love spears, and he seems pretty shifty. Hmmm.

wrongway

Regarding B
elfry Luna
, what makes the
dwarves deal so much damage through my shield? I assume they do some kind of magic damage?

I'm about 4 hours in on PC, level 41.

Played about 30 hours on PS3...

I've beat 4 bosses already, yet I don't seem to have the soapstone thing that you can drop to let people summon you.

Where is this at?

Booshka

I've beat 4 bosses already, yet I don't seem to have the soapstone thing that you can drop to let people summon you.

Where is this at?

Both soapstones are in
Forest of Fallen Giants, one is in a chest in the room above Cardinal bonfire, the other you need to go through the area that Pate locks you in, then talk to him afterward.
impact said:
poor MLGS :(

Never Forget, Dancing in the Moonlight

2AdEPT

If I give Rosabeth more equipment, will she change her clothes? I really liked that. From delivered with the girls this time. Can't wait to reach social link lvl 10 with the Emerald Herald so we can hug.

yes...but why give her much clothing? I giver a hollow warrior glove and the rest is her bare necessities.

The emerald herald has a nice voice, but cholanne is so frisky and provocative...i read that her weakness is back problems from carrying around those big "rocks" accompanied with too much tail, and I was hoping that she could make my ears and 'other' things perk up....she is good for one thing only it would appear....but I am not complaining.

Um, I am very early on, question about a possible NPC I killed:
Guy in the tunnel, he was crying about his map I think. Name was Cale? Well I just thought he was a dead body faking it and I realized too late he wasn't.
Heh, I know that's Dark Souls, just wonder what I missed out on.

ANother NPC I have the urge to kill
That Pate guy with the spear...I love spears, and he seems pretty shifty. Hmmm.

its jut an achievement...he actually talk a bit about the other guy you hate....make sure to keep
Cale
's helmet, you will need it for a later quest. There is a choice you can make further along where you actually have the legit option to
kill Pate
...do it then, better reward.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
its jut an achievement...he actually talk a bit about the other guy you hate....make sure to keep Cale's helmet, you will need it for a later quest. There is a choice you can make further along where
you actually have the legit option to kill Pate
...do it then, better reward.

dude, Spoilers

Where is this at?

Small stone is a floor above the 2nd bonfire in the Forest.

Large stone is given by Pate if you go through the
trap
and exhaust his dialogue.

Grief.exe

30 hours in Dark Souls II, not showing any wear on the DS4's thumb sticks.

Operation has been perfect through both USB and Bluetooth using DS4 Tool.

Shrine of Amana
may be both my most and least favourite zone in the game so far. Slow movement, ranged enemies and equipment degradation are all awful, but that singing makes the whole thing feel really eerie. Getting a "backstab" off and smashing a priestess' head in with my morning star (with the singing in the background) made me feel like I was playing a cutscene.

SOLDIER

I tried x360ce, but it won't save my configurations. It immediately defaults to the regular controls when I start the game. How do I make this work? I just want to reverse the bumper and trigger commands.

2AdEPT

I notice Kay has started her PC let;s play...but if you want a good female voiced alternative, Heart Cooks Brain has been doing hers since PS3 launch...she has some pretty cool editing tricks and I like her "dirty mind" jokes.

Shrine of Amana
may be both my most and least favourite zone in the game so far. Slow movement, ranged enemies and equipment degradation are all awful, but that singing makes the whole thing feel really eerie. Getting a "backstab" off and smashing a priestess' head in with my morning star (with the singing in the background) made me feel like I was playing a cutscene.

If only there was a ring that improved movement in water. It is a strange omission for the game. Might not have had to nerf the area if there was one.

2AdEPT

If only there was a ring that improved movement in water. It is a strange omission for the game. Might not have had to nerf the area if there was one.
Although I do agree, they obviously chose not to for a reason...is what it is....I think a good alternative would have been to grant a ring which improves but does not eliminate the water slow down.

The PC version is not up to date with console, right?

So Shrine of Amana is pre-nerfed?

Or does it already include everything from consoles?

So are upgrade items super limited in this game? I noticed that the blacksmith only sells 10 titanite shards and as far as I've played I haven't seen a lot of enemies drop them. Are there people who later come to Majula and sell infinite amounts?

So are upgrade items super limited in this game? I noticed that the blacksmith only sells 10 titanite shards and as far as I've played I haven't seen a lot of enemies drop them. Are there people who later come to Majula and sell infinite amounts?

Everything except slabs will eventually be unlimited. All unlock at different stages.

bj00rn_

Banned
I hate some of the decisions From made to change it from DS1, but despite that I'm now finally really enjoying the game 9 hours in..

Sloppy animation (even the main character's feet doesn't seem connected to the ground) controls lacking precision and sometimes awful hitboxes is very disappointing though. Very.

Waiting an oddly long amount of time to be summoned and then my sign disappears. A Blue Sentinel invades and I guard break and crit him, then it's a terrible ballet of missed attacks and chip damage until we end up killing each other at the same time -_-

I just wanna do co-op! Thankfully that fight returned my sin level to neutral.

Anyway, all done (end-game spoiler screenshot)
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2...4_04_28_15_20_28_by_realghostvids-d7gal1q.jpg

Almost time for New Game+! Just got a few more things to find and items to prepare for my second build.

lol, someone rated my message during the credits.

wrongway

Hokay, so I beat the
Belfry Gargoyles
, and now I'd like to try helping people with that and with the PVP area. I can't figure out how it works though. If I put my sign down on the bonfire side of the bridge, the
Belfry
is blocked by mist when I get summoned in. Inside on either the bridge or by the NPC, it won't let me place my sign. If I go up by the boss door I can put my sign down, but I seemingly never get summoned.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Edit: As soon as I posted I was able to put my sign on the bridge. Then 5 seconds later the mist blocked the door behind me and cleared my sign, but without saying any enemy was being summoned. :(

Double edit: Cute, the bell rings at midnight :)

finalflame

Anyone able to help me at
Shrine of Amana
? I'm at the
Rhoy's Resting Place
and Lv.127/SM 1,426,121. I need help with the area boss/getting past the mobs, and have the name ring =D

SteamID is
in_between/VictorM

Hokay, so I beat the
Belfry Gargoyles
, and now I'd like to try helping people with that and with the PVP area. I can't figure out how it works though. If I put my sign down on the bonfire side of the bridge, the
Belfry
is blocked by mist when I get summoned in. Inside on either the bridge or by the NPC, it won't let me place my sign. If I go up by the boss door I can put my sign down, but I seemingly never get summoned.

Edit: As soon as I posted I was able to put my sign on the bridge. Then 5 seconds later the mist blocked the door behind me and cleared my sign, but without saying any enemy was being summoned. :(

You should be able to put down your sign at the bridge and go back to the bonfire area. That way you won't get invaded every 10 seconds which is what makes your sign disappear.

Proc

So this was my second play through. First, playing on PS3. This went way quicker now that I knew where to go and what to do. I tried out a paladin build this time and it was a ton of fun zapping things with lightning and healing my co-op buddies in the name of the sun!

For those of you wondering, you can copy your save games and back them up. I played on a couple different desktops just fine. They aren't stored in the steam cloud so make sure you grab a usb. It is a great port that ran maxed at 1080p on my older rig and 1440p on my newish rig.

I played through dark souls 1 on pc just before this release. Its safe to say that dark souls has consumed all of my gaming time for the past couple of months. It comes down to great mechanics again and again for me. The games that stick in my mind share a common thread; they all feel amazing to play. Time to grab a guide and collect all the secrets and get some co-op in before I move onto ng+.

dat no man's wharf atmosphere. playing there late night in full 3D is frickin' scary.

How do you play in 3D? You mean automatic 2D to 3D conversion by the TV?

I'm right before the boss in that area now, and I'm hoping to beat it the first time so I don't have to go through it again. So dark and creepy.

Hokay, so I beat the
Belfry Gargoyles
Belfry

Double edit: Cute, the bell rings at midnight :)

It's really annoying because sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you are sometimes. I literally would run in, put my sign and run back out. But sometimes you would step unto the bridge and immediately you'd get invaded. Here's an idea From, don't fucking let people get invaded if they're standing on the bridge. It's stupid because maybe they're looking for help or trying to put down their sign.

Trickster

Man, all those blood pools in the
Demon of Song
boss room.

Step yo' game up! One of the easiest bosses yet.

I needed 2 tries to figure out how that boss worked. Very easy once you know his attacks, but he hits so hard that he can kill you very easily if you mess up at the wrong time

I needed 2 tries to figure out how that boss worked. Very easy once you know his attacks, but he hits so hard that he can kill you very easily if you mess up at the wrong time

I am on my 2nd playthrough and just fought Sinner as a mage the first time. Brought
Lucatiel
along for the quest and the fight was trivial. The summon took all the attention and I just stood back and spammed Lightning Spear for the easy win. Mage is easy mode...

Vuze

Alright! I
beat the Last Giant
in The Forest of Giants!

...Now what? Is there another area I should go to next from Majula, or something else to do in the Forest of Giants? Seems like this game has no order.

I did the
Pursuer
after this one, who is also in Forest of Giants. I think this is what most people do.

How to get to him (it took me a while to find it heh):
You get a key after beating the Last Giant which you can use to open several closed doors in this area. Assuming you start out at the bonfire in the ruins of the forest, go down the ladder and continue to the ladders right, fight the hollows there and proceed to the outside. You will find a locked door again to the right which eventually leads to the pursuer area.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Centuries later, we are still praising

14042692392_56fff92639_o.jpg

Gazoinks

Woo! 15 hours in, got my first Grand Soul (
Lost Sinner
)!

Is it just me or is the first
Sinner's Keep
bonfire an evilly placed bonfire?

I lost 9000 Souls by dying, respawning at that bonfire, and going afk for a bit without thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom