• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Its was in the second
bell tower
area. Hard to do there. :<
I hit him multiple times for 600-800 and his HP didn't drop a bit. Then he "teleported" in front of me. :lol

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't help but smirk at the irony of his character's name: "Sorry" after landing three clean hits with two rapiers and giving him, apparently, zero damage.

beware of the use of fire with those enemies, after a period of time the get used to it and they go berserk

Press Y at a bonfire, then A.

See the sconces? Those also light torches. However, watch out for those assholes throwing oil firebombs because if you light a torch while being soaked you'll explode and wonder why you died out of the blue.

I freaking hated this area... And you just wait until you ring the bell to call the ship. I hope you leveled up your INT to 9 or 10 so you can speak the NPC here so it moves to Majula and you don't have to come back here again (because I had to...)

Get a torch and the run away from you, so you can push them into corners.
Or just like every enemy, circle with a shield and backstab the hell out of them

you have to find a lit torch in the environment to ignite the torch by pressing the A button.

Thanks guys, these enemies are just horrible. The way they look and their AI is atrocious.

Finally beat the
ruin sentinels
boss last night in the Lost Bastille.

I lay down my summon sign a few times in front of the entrance to the fight and helped some other people win. It seems that beating a boss will fully restore your humanity, even if you're at half health from dying.

Hardest part of this area is the groups of enemies, though. I ran a little too far into one room behind a metal door and I got ambushed by no less than 5 armored guys with great swords.

Really liking the Heide Knight Sword still.. I've got it upgraded to +4 and I'm thinking I may just stick with it unless I'm fighting heavily armored opponents. I find that the vertical attack arc of the heide sword is ideal for baiting enemies into tight spaces and killing them.

The hitboxes in this game are disgusting: Pursuer grabbing me
Can't stop thinking someone at from took the "ZA WARUDO" meme too seriously...

I got something like this happening yesterday with one of the plunge attacks from those fucking Ruin Sentinels. Hopefully I managed to beat them with the power of jolly cooperation. I shudder thinking about this fight on my own unless I have OP equipment.

HoosTrax

So to get the achievements for the covenents, do you actually have to join them? Or is accessing the 'join or not join' message enough? I think Dark Souls had it the latter, but I don't recall getting the achievements for some of the covenants this time around for the ones I havn't joined. mainly the Champions one.
The Champions one is the only one that you have to explicitly join. The rest (out of the ones I've found, which is all except two), you just have to talk to the guy and cancel out of confirming joining, and you'll still get the achievement. For the Champions covenant, I just created a new character and ran it through to Majula -- this is my first time through the game, so I don't need to make it more difficult for myself.

Ah okay, thanks, I'll try that. I've no had trouble getting summoned to boss fights, but I've yet to be invaded or summoned by the
blue sentinels
after 25 hours.

Havn't been invaded, but got summoned to help out shortly after joining the covenant. Holy shit it's great. Dude comes rushing in and then sees me pop up and then just gets trucked by both of us.

The hitboxes in this game are disgusting: Pursuer grabbing me

Oh wow that's bad. I havn't experienced anything that terrible yet.

The Champions one is the only one that you have to explicitly join. The rest (out of the ones I've found, which is all except two), you just have to talk to the guy and cancel out of confirming joining, and you'll still get the achievement. For the Champions covenant, I just created a new character and ran it through to Majula -- this is my first time through the game, so I don't need to make it more difficult for myself.

Ah that would explain it. I have a second one in the tutorial area...maybe i'll just rush through to get the achievement. Thanks!

SoundLad

Good luck in that section, there is no bonfire past the first one at the entry so bring four weapons or you won't make it to the boss thanks to the new durability stuff.

There should be no need to bring that many weapons to
noman's
. I brought Heide's sword and the cleric starting mace and managed to clear the area. Granted, both weapons were in pretty bad shape afterwards but not broken.

Vitor711

I don't see it. There's a ring to prevent this, and there are literally tons of weapons to carry around in case one breaks.

Maybe I'm just too careful or whatever, but while one weapon breaks on me from time to time, I've never been helpless without any options. Dunno.

Oh I have like two dozen weapons on me, that's not the issue. The problem is that I have to go into the menu to equip anything barring my usual two because the added weight in the active weapon slots pushes me over 70% equip load and ruins my rolls.

I don't like being forced to tinker in an item menu that doesn't pause the game. Especially if both my weapons suddenly flash a warning sign without my expecting it. It's annoying and adds little to the game.

Tiops

Noticed this as well odd times I'll take damage somehow. I wrote a note of it and asked my other half that was watching if I was imagining things.

Can't stop thinking someone at from took the "ZA WARUDO" meme too seriously...

I got something like this happening yesterday with one of the plunge attacks from those fucking Ruin Sentinels. Hopefully I managed to beat them with the power of jolly cooperation. I shudder thinking about this fight on my own unless I have OP equipment.

That's gross.

Havn't been invaded, but got summoned to help out shortly after joining the covenant. Holy shit it's great. Dude comes rushing in and then sees me pop up and then just gets trucked by both of us.

Oh wow that's bad. I havn't experienced anything that terrible yet.

Pursuer hitboxes are usually bad, I even recorded a video yesterday where I basically died only with attacks that didn't hit me, but that grab made me lol hard. And I had just parryed him, took almost all his life with the ballistas and was feeling like a boss. It was joy and utter disappointment in a matter of seconds.

HoosTrax

So I cleared out the house to be killed by
a booby trapped chest.

This game, I know its my fault but I can't continue after that.
Were you playing with online-enabled? (I get dropouts from the Steam connection sometimes and the game doesn't automatically re-connect on its own)

Those trapped chests almost always have warning signs in front of them.

I tend to be paranoid in general, so I tend to raise my shield and/or roll away from chests.

Gbraga

This will explain all.. (still got 2 mins of processing left)

http://youtu.be/HZB-H0EVlcs

Welcome back Dark Souls 2

This looks really good, but I can't imagine any build being fun to play like this except for the usual shield + small weapon build. Dual wielding will almost never be dual wielding and two handing ultra greatswords would be a pain in the ass.

I'll probably give it a shot just to see what it's like on a third character or so, but I think I prefer the final version.

HoosTrax

Anyone know if in NG+, whether the light sconces you've previously lit in the first playthrough remain lit, or whether they reset?

wickfut

Banned
This looks really good, but I can't imagine any build being fun to play like this except for the usual shield + small weapon build. Dual wielding will almost never be dual wielding and two handing ultra greatswords would be a pain in the ass.

I'll probably give it a shot just to see what it's like on a third character or so, but I think I prefer the final version.

You can set the ambient levels to whatever you want. This is with zero ambient light so show an effect for the video. IE. It's pitch black without a torch when there's no light sources, and it doesn't do it by messing with brightness settings.

Vitor711

i dont think its hitboxes. Youare playing offline completely? this happens to me sometimes and i figured it is lag. But I am usually online

I've had weird lag in my game also locally. Even when I'm the one summoning phantoms, I can feel the delay in enemies taking damage from my hits which is weird. Surely my instance of the world should be lag free? It's bizarre. Tends to be only a mild disconnect but still a pain.

Mistel

Banned
I have the full Alonne gear, but haven't found any Captain pieces yet. Will keep an eye out. Maybe run through the area a few more times with the gold covetous ring equipped.

I have a greatsword or two so will try them out as well as my great axe. Never liked those sorts of playstyles but I'm not averse to trying something new, especially when I have 2 soul vessels on me.
Captain is just a helm and torso that go with the knight set. You might as well especially if your going that way there's some good weapons in those classes. If you don't like them try maces.

That was offline. It's definitely hitbox problems.
I realized a lot of hitbox problems with
The Rotten, his axe and his grab are getting a lot of wider and further than the hitbox is showing

You can set the ambient levels to whatever you want. This is with zero ambient light so show an effect for the video. IE. It's pitch black without a torch when there's no light sources, and it doesn't do it by messing with brightness settings.
Great, i will give it a try with slightly reduced AL i think

Grief.exe

I've had weird lag in my game also locally. Even when I'm the one summoning phantoms, I can feel the delay in enemies taking damage from my hits which is weird. Surely my instance of the world should be lag free? It's bizarre. Tends to be only a mild disconnect but still a pain.

Maybe you have a P2P connection with yourself at all times ;)

Respect

Anyone know if Soul Memory affects Bellbro matchups? I haven't been summoned in yonks.

Pretty sure it does, but also have to make sure you are in either the
Lost Bastille
or
Iron Keep
for the ring to work. Anywhere else, and summoning won't work even if you have the ring on.

Adry9

Hi, I'm lvl 68 and I'm looking for a good mid size shield I could use. I started the game with two swords but I want to switch and the only small shield I have is the Crimson Parma from early on wich is rubbish. Does anyone know were to find a nice one? I got to the end of
Sinner's Rise.
, I think.

When I killed
Velstatd
, I went back to Agdayne to buy humanity from him. I was in human form. He wasn't there, but his guards still were. I then killed myself, went back, and there he was.

That never happened to me, did you use him in the boss fight per chance? (I think he may disappear from there if you summon him and go back right after without resetting the area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom