• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
well some of this like enemies' attacks not bouncing off walls has been an issue since demon's, so it's not specially specific to dks2

same rules applying to everyone would be great, i've been hoping from finally implements it ever since demon's but for some reason they seem not wanting to

The only reason I can think they have not done it already, I assume it is because it would be too easy to cheese enemies. (lead them to areas where they cannot attack)

Loving this game so far. Such a challenge. Framerate is smooth and the visuals are pretty great.

Thought I'd try something different this time around and choose to be a sorcerer.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only reason I can think they have not done it already, I assume it is because it would be too easy to cheese enemies. (lead them to areas where they cannot attack)

well maybe they an add special attacks to enemies for when they are in narrow corridors!

wouldn't that be awesome?

HoosTrax

For spells, you should roll just before you're about to get it. In the shrine I recommend wearing a spell quartz ring and other magic resistance gear, sniping using a bow, and if you are close to a mage I would just eat a single hit and then take them down. Less risky than dodging when you don't know where the ledges under the water end.

For swings it really just depends on the type of attack. Timing isn't something you can universally decree for every enemy, it depends on the direction of their swing and whether it has AOE damage etc. Just have to practice. Make sure you have ~22 adaptability and equip burden under 50% for a longer roll with more i-frames.
Ok, thanks. I guess for melee attacks, it isn't obvious if the spot the enemy is swinging at is locked immediately as soon as the downward part of the swing starts. Or if the melee attack is "homing", and the enemy will correct the direction of the blow and aim towards you on the fly, if you start moving in a different direction.

Guess it's something that can only be learned through trial and error, and observation of each enemy. Trying to determine whether to roll away from the spot where the blow will land, or whether to roll away from the thing that will hit me.

Someone explain respeccing to me, I'm scared to try it.
You just bring a Soul Vessel to one of the three hags at the very beginning of the game, allowing you to reallocate all non-class base points. There's nothing else to it, really, afaik. I think I've found three Soul Vessels so far just playing the game.

xBladeM6x

Help me here GAF. I am a strength build, so I have the Dragonrider Bow, however I don't know at all what arrows I'm suppose to get. I need something that will easily kill certain fire enemies, so obviously no fire arrows.

Questions about the ENB:
Is there a way to lengthen the adjustment time when going into dark areas?

Can it be used with Durante's tool?

Thanks in advance!

JimPanzer

how much points do I have to drop into attunement to get a slot? never tried magic in DS, but this time I want to make more of a paladin build.

Arkanius

After finishing the game, I discovered that I CAN play at 60FPS with 4K... Just have to disable PP, SMAA and SSAO.
FML

(280X here)

Loving the difficulty curve to bits in this game, thought I was at the cusp of the endgame when I found out that I needed to
time travel just to beat Vendrick
. This game is fucking looooooong.

RK9039

Okay, my next question would be what is the general performance hit? I could just DS it through the control panel then.

Performance hit when using an ENB? I haven't noticed a performance hit at all, I was using fraps to see the fps and it remained smooth like normal.

What area is the shrine after? I'm guessing it is
the area I just unlocked next to the Things Betwixt exit in Majula

I always roll with a torch in Black Gulch! I'll make sure to check that out.

Shrine can be seen from Things Betwixt but it will be a while before you get there, it's in the last half of the game after you've acquired the 4 lord souls.

Booshka

Help me here GAF. I am a strength build, so I have the Dragonrider Bow, however I don't know at all what arrows I'm suppose to get. I need something that will easily kill certain fire enemies, so obviously no fire arrows.

Swap out that Dragonrider Bow for a Sea Bow, it can be a painful farm
Varangian Archers in No Man's Wharf drop it
but it has amazing range, and high damage. Really good for STR builds.

Use Iron Arrows for consistent damage to just about everything, Fire against every enemy except those resistant to it.

I levelled strength to 29 and did endurance up one more. Going to go farm one more level and get this tower shield.

Can someone explain what the effect is when your equip load is over 100%?

Grief.exe

What is a really good, light shield?

I have been using the archdrake shield due to its 95% damage block and its cool aesthetic, but it's a bit heavy.

Shrine can be seen from Things Betwixt but it will be a while before you get there, it's in the last half of the game after you've acquired the 4 lord souls.

Check.

wickfut

Banned
Can you put up the link with the thing already configured?

updated on the video, and here:-

http://youtu.be/edKCQONW4Fg

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/16/?

It's the "wickfutENB Original" version. I haven't altered the others yet.

16-1-1398698594.jpg

[edit: updated to different video]

how resource heavy is the ENB? I have a laptop that can handle the game with most stuff in medium and some few things in high. Probably a low/mid tier when compared to others since this game is apparently not that hard to run.

updated on the video, and here:-

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/16/?

It's the "wickfutENB Original" version. I haven't altered the others yet.

Thanks for taking this head on. Great finds so far, It seems you are narrowing in on getting the settings to where they should be.

I levelled strength to 29 and did endurance up one more. Going to go farm one more level and get this tower shield.

Can someone explain what the effect is when your equip load is over 100%?

Try it, you move like a slug.

What is a really good, light shield?
I have been using the archdrake shield due to its 95% damage block and its cool aesthetic, but it's a bit heavy.

McDuff sells the Royal Kite Shield with 100% physical defense and weighs the same as the Archdrake. Anything lighter and your defenses levels will go down.

HoosTrax

Did we talk about how From Software got bought by a Japanese publisher?
Not really, since there's a thread for that. Hopefully it maintains the status quo as far as PC. That publisher is putting out the PC port of Killer is Dead, which will be released soon, so I guess I'm not too worried. I don't know why Bamco would sell From though.

LiK

Not really, since there's a thread for that. Hopefully it maintains the status quo as far as PC. That publisher is putting out the PC port of Killer is Dead, which will be released soon, so I guess I'm not too worried. I don't know why Bamco would sell From though.

Bamco didn't own From. They simply published Dark Souls 1/2 outside Japan.

I'd be curious to see a world map of Drangleic actually. The one from DS1 was pretty amazing, as far as showing how each area was interconnected, and the overall layout of Lordran.

I believe there is one floating around. Unfortunately, it's a mess.

Any hints to the function of this?

Rolling around in that water will reduce the fire damage you take while running to the chest floating in the lava.

ElFly

I'd be curious to see a world map of Drangleic actually. The one from DS1 was pretty amazing, as far as showing how each area was interconnected, and the overall layout of Lordran.

TP75oie.jpg

From the Lore Thread, by Darth Zandatsu, mostly supported by the farfire statistics website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom