• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Have
4 boss souls (edit: I meant giant souls), having an impossible time killing vendrick
. First boss that has made me rage

I do have those., just made a typo. I'm still only doing 140 per hit on him.

You think I made it that far killing only 4 bosses?

image.php

Firebrand

Ugh. 27 hours, 5 bosses down in and I almost wanna reroll to get more effigies and shards. Currently struggling with the
slenderknight trio in the Bastille
. I know how to fight them and they don't have that much HP, but eh, one slip-up and it's over. And I slip up, every time. /whine Still a fun fight, as frustrated as I am.

Not 4 bosses, I just thought you meant the 4 greater boss souls but you cleared that up.

There's a 5th one you can find but it's difficult to get. You need to kill the Ancient Dragon.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Was the update supposed to fix the white screen issue? Still happens for me :(

Luckily I can start the game by setting windowed mode in the settings file and go fullscreen after startup, but it's kind of annoying.

Ugh. 27 hours, 5 bosses down in and I almost wanna reroll to get more effigies and shards. Currently struggling with the
. I know how to fight them and they don't have that much HP, but eh, one slip-up and it's over. And I slip up, every time. /whine Still a fun fight, as frustrated as I am.

How far down are you getting them? Here's the strat I used:

Fight the first one on the platform. Stay behind it in order to avoid all damage. Once it's dead, wait for the second one to jump up to the platform. While it's mid-air, roll off the ledge and heal up the fall damage. Dance around with the two Sentinels. When one attacks, swing at it once (twice is greedy, but most times it will be safe). Do that for about 10 minutes and you'll win. Attacks you have to watch out for are the Captain America shield throw, and the spinning attack.

This is one of those fights that really works as a co-op with two guys. You can seriously whoop some ass together.

Firebrand

How far down are you getting them? Here's the strat I used:

Fight the first one on the platform. Stay behind it in order to avoid all damage. Once it's dead, wait for the second one to jump up to the platform. While it's mid-air, roll off the ledge and heal up the fall damage. Dance around with the two Sentinels. When one attacks, swing at it once (twice is greedy, but most times it will be safe). Do that for about 10 minutes and you'll win. Attacks you have to watch out for are the Captain America shield throw, and the spinning attack.
Cheers. Yeah, that's the strategy I use, about, with the modification that I either
try to shave up some HP on the second one while we're dueling on top, or I try to do falling attack in the head of the second one. I also got some AoE miracle that does a tiny bit of damage. Also trying to group them up to make them attack together, as I can then hit them both with the halberd.
. But yeah, it goes great for minutes, then I make a dumb roll and it's done.

UrbanRats

adaptability makes you roll better, so it's the best stat in the game

i'd pump that up to like 20 or something

yea dude adaptability rocks

Doesn't it give you 1 iframe at 38 and another one at around 70? It doesn't seem that worth it.

But again, there is a big fight about it, everywhere i look for info on it.

Arkanius

I also did 140 damage to him. Boss was pretty easy after you figure the trick.
Just keep circling to his back by your right side. Every attack he does will miss you and when he lunges at you, just roll the shit out of there.

It's a matter of patience. (I only had 4 souls instead of 5)

Facism

Just need to clean up the vendors and NG is done. Already used ascetics to get the old souls.

got invaded by a Havelyn already lol. Baited him up the elavator at Sinners Rise and clocked him with a Sunspear. 1hk BRO FUCK YO ARMOUR.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Have
4 boss souls (edit: I meant giant souls), having an impossible time killing vendrick

Did you get the Giant Souls? If so he is rather easy. Circle around him and hit on the open chance you get. I can usually get 2-3 hits and I was using the Mace. Took me like 3 minutes.

Tiops

Have
There's an easy way to get the
5th Giant Soul.

Use a bonfire ascetic at the first bonfire in Black Gulch and you can kill those giants hidden there again, getting 5 souls without having to defeat the Ancient Dragon

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Ok, thanks. I guess for melee attacks, it isn't obvious if the spot the enemy is swinging at is locked immediately as soon as the downward part of the swing starts. Or if the melee attack is "homing", and the enemy will correct the direction of the blow and aim towards you on the fly, if you start moving in a different direction.

Guess it's something that can only be learned through trial and error, and observation of each enemy. Trying to determine whether to roll away from the spot where the blow will land, or whether to roll away from the thing that will hit me.

You just bring a Soul Vessel to one of the three hags at the very beginning of the game, allowing you to reallocate all non-class base points. There's nothing else to it, really, afaik. I think I've found three Soul Vessels so far just playing the game.
A lot of attacks do track, yes. So they aren't locked into the position they land immediately, and can, as you say "home" towards you. So there' isn't a sure-fire method, you have to practice. I will say for a lot of the giant and large type enemies, staying up in their grill is a good idea.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The fight with
King Vendrick
is the fight that makes extremely obvious the hitboxes issues. I did a full combo to the air a few times because of the hitbox .
KuGsj.gif

Those guys are punishing me as well. Tried co-oping as a phantom, but didn't work out so great. Going to try to head to no-mans wharf now instead.

I decided to go hammers this time and I like the Homunculus Mace, but holy shit I've broken this thing so many times. I feel like going Winged Spear now.

I've found that one too.

There are also water pots in the area so I don't think you need that one if what is said earlier is to be believed.
Wait, those actually had a use? Huh.
Now I'm wondering if there's an actual (and similar) way to get rid of the poison that clings to you for a long time...

fallagin

Been playing the game since launch, and gotta say it's pretty great! Super annoyed by the
rat covenant guys
, but it's pretty easy not to get involved with them though :p

From what I am hearing about soul memory, it seems kind of unfair. Why in the world would lost souls count against soul memory?? That pretty much ensures that unskilled players can be matched up against higher skilled players and have worse equipment and levels.. I'm not against the idea behind soul memory, but it makes no sense to count lost souls.

oh, they can only summon you if you attack the rats? hmm...alright, I'll give that a shot.
I got summoned the second I stepped foot in the area
, well before I saw any enemies. Thankfully, I didn't get summoned a second time after I beat the master of the world by a narrow margin.

So, I'm a melee guy. I've put so many points into strength that my next level literally gives zero stat boosts (a second point into strength will). Should I stop putting points into strength, if so what would you guys suggest I put them in?

Tiops

So, I'm a melee guy. I've put so many points into strength that my next level literally gives zero stat boosts (a second point into strength will). Should I stop putting points into strength, if so what would you guys suggest I put them in?

You should stop at 40, unless you want to use a weapon that needs more than that do use in one hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom