• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off.
jCDzpBx1r833Y.png
It's weird how the boss is so much easier than the 1-2 bosses that came before.
You can turn on lights?

HoosTrax

Lights on or off?
Even lights off, that was the number one easiest boss fight in the entire game for me, nothing even close. Just tank and spank.

Anyone able to help me with then boss in no man's wharf? I would much appreciate it.
This was another tank and spank for me; either block or evade his attack combo, then get a few hits in. Rinse and repeat. The support column in the middle can be useful to LoS him while you use Estus.

Tiops

Even lights off, that was the number one easiest boss fight in the entire game for me, nothing even close. Just tank and spank.
She was nerfed, it was harder pre-patch. And you didn't finish the game yet, right? Even nerfed she's still way harder than some bosses you encounter during the game.

LiK

This was another tank and spank for me; either block or evade his attack combo, then get a few hits in. Rinse and repeat. The support column in the middle can be useful to LoS him while you use Estus.

Easiest bosses for me are Flexile Sentry and Gargoyles. First try, everytime.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What determines turning you back into a human when playing co-op? Is it amount of enemy kills? Amount of time spent in co-op?

Does co-op always time out after a certain point? Like after playing for 10 mins it says "your duty is done" or something? If I use the stone to leave co-op, will I always not get the turn human bonus?

LiK

What determines turning you back into a human when playing co-op? Is it amount of enemy kills? Amount of time spent in co-op?

Does co-op always time out after a certain point? Like after playing for 10 mins it says "your duty is done" or something? If I use the stone to leave co-op, will I always not get the turn human bonus?

Fulfill your duty a few times.

HoosTrax

She was nerfed, it was harder pre-patch. And you didn't finish the game yet, right? Even nerfed she's still way harder than some bosses you encounter during the game.
No, I just reached Undead Crypt, so I have a little bit more to go I guess. I think I've killed everything up to this point other than the Undead Purgatory boss, which I haven't tried yet. Out of the ones I've killed so far, the Bastille boss(es) were the toughest to solo. Very time consuming and I broke some of my gear due to how long it took. A couple of other bosses (Gargoyles, Brightstone Cove, and Amana Shrine) were very annoying and rage-inducing to get to, but the bosses themselves weren't too bad.

edit: wait what, it's a SHE? I didn't even realize that due to the full body armor.

Tiops

No, I just reached Undead Crypt, so I have a little bit more to go I guess. I think I've killed everything up to this point other than the Undead Purgatory boss, which I haven't tried yet. Out of the ones I've killed so far, the Bastille boss(es) were the toughest to solo. Very time consuming and I broke some of my gear due to how long it took. A couple of other bosses (Gargoyles, Brightstone Cove, and Amana Shrine) were very annoying and rage-inducing to get to, but the bosses themselves weren't too bad.
Well, you've already killed the bosses that I would consider way easier than LS (like
Covetous Demon
and
Prowling Magus
).

I need to beat her again post-patch to see how much the battle has been nerfed. Only fought her in NG+ on the PS3.

Timu

What made the boss annoying is that I lose stamina after she hits me with just 2 swings and I still take damage with my shield.

BHK3

Banned
This fucking game sometimes.

So I'm finally at the end of
no mans wharf
after getting shot up by the fucking
booby trapped chest
and going through
monkey mutants
, I activate the big light and hear the
mutants yell
. I panic thinking this was a giant ruse and am prepared to get swarmed, only to figure out
they hate light and run into shade
. Great I think, I can just hit them then
walk into the light!
WRONG. I aggro two, one
runs into the light
then runs back, the other just fucking charges me flaying his arms all over the place and kills me quickly cause I started bleeding which caused a stagger. I run up the stairs and turn to drop off the stairs to do a drop attack but since dark souls 2 fucked up that mechanic, I just dropped on top of him lost all my stamina did no damage and died. 20k soul bloodstain, I go on my mission to retrieve it only to find out that getting hit by fire arrows makes me explode and I died.

FUCK

Yeah. It came off like a poor man's
Artorias
to me. Half the agressiveness, Half the attack power, half the attack variety. Definitely had to stay on your toes, like everything in the Souls series, but I never felt like I could die with one screw-up.

I guess the gimmick is the arena being dark or something?
That doesn't really matter much if you stay close to it.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
My god Belfry whatever (pvp) tower is the most times I've died consecutively in a game since Capra Demon. So much horseshit going on.

Always present human invaders, often more than one. The little dwarf things can do big damage even through a great shield and have ranged attacks. The lock on for the dwarfs was totally whack, constantly swinging at nothing. Topped off with a multi boss gang rape lol

Plus I think you can only summon 1 friendly as opposed to the usual 2. Everytime I summoned a person the other signs vanished and didn't come back. That tiny little area took me hours. Brutal.

Yeah. It came off like a poor man's
Artorias
to me. Half the agressiveness, Half the attack power, half the attack variety. Definitely had to stay on your toes, like everything in the Souls series, but I never felt like I could die with one screw-up.

I guess the gimmick is the arena being dark or something?
That doesn't really matter much if you stay close to it.

You could die in one screw-up before they nerfed it. Original
Lost Sinner
was no joke.

HoosTrax

Well, you've already killed the bosses that I would consider way easier than LS (like
Covetous Demon
and
Prowling Magus
).

I need to beat her again post-patch to see how much the battle has been nerfed. Only fought her in NG+ on the PS3.
Ahhh, that's probably it. I heard that she's very tough on NG+ because she has "friends". She's solo and by herself on NG.

My god Belfry whatever (pvp) tower is the most times I've died consecutively in a game since Capra Demon. So much horseshit going on.

Always present human invaders, often more than one. The little dwarf things can do big damage even through a great shield and have ranged attacks. The lock on for the dwarfs was totally whack, constantly swinging at nothing. Topped off with a multi boss gang rape lol

Plus I think you can only summon 1 friendly as opposed to the usual 2. Everytime I summoned a person the other signs vanished and didn't come back. That tiny little area took me hours. Brutal.
Belfry was very annoying for me as well. Do people really find it sporting to "PVP" against people who are being attacked by mobs and are just trying to get to the area boss? Maybe they don't care.

BHK3

Banned
The pirates are throwing a liquid on you that does no damage. It's gasoline :)

But there's only like 3 archers and it seems like every other dick head throws balls of piss at me rather then fight me. Then I talked to the
old man at the end of the pier and he told me to bugger off cause I don't use magic. I went through hundreds of monkey mutants and dual wielding zombies to get told that?? Fuck this place I'm going back to the other end of Hiedes tower and fight the boss there. Waste of time.

UrbanRats

Is there a way to see who you played with? Played with a certain Reikt (or Rekt) and helped me out a lot in the beginning area, but then i got myself killed like an idiot at the (admittedly quite easy)
Last Giant
boss, 'cause i got distracted and healed at the wrong moment.

Poor Phantom didn't get the reward, i'm sorry for that, in case you're reading this!

But there's only like 3 archers and it seems like every other dick head throws balls of piss at me rather then fight me. Then I talked to the
old man at the end of the pier and he told me to bugger off cause I don't use magic. I went through hundreds of monkey mutants and dual wielding zombies to get told that?? Fuck this place I'm going back to the other end of Hiedes tower and fight the boss there. Waste of time.

Your Int needs to be at 8 I believe. In all honesty, unless you're going for 100%,
No-Man's Wharf
is completely optional.

Vuze

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the game is now officially VAC-secured. I hope mods, GeDoSaTo and ENB will still be a thing tho...

8r7xX.png

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've got a few questions:

Wharf:
I sailed the ship and ended up at the prison area that I had already gotten to previously. Is there anything that opens up by sailing the ship to this area?

Forest of Giants:
I opened the bonfire at Soldier's Rest, and it seems like it's just a dead end with no where further to progress? Am I missing something here?

Belfry was very annoying for me as well. Do people really find it sporting to "PVP" against people who are being attacked by mobs and are just trying to get to the area boss? Maybe they don't care.

Every time you kill a person with the bell keeper covenant you get a titanite chunk, really easy to farm.

HoosTrax

Every time you kill a person with the bell keeper covenant you get a titanite chunk, really easy to farm.
So I guess it's not a covenant for sporting duels. (I saw some signs on the ground at the beginning of Iron Keep, so I assume that's for actual PVP dueling)

I've got a few questions:

Wharf:
I sailed the ship and ended up at the prison area that I had already gotten to previously. Is there anything that opens up by sailing the ship to this area?

Forest of Giants:
I opened the bonfire at Soldier's Rest, and it seems like it's just a dead end with no where further to progress? Am I missing something here?

Wharf:
If you've already progressed to Sinner's Rise, then no. Chances are you've already opened the gate that was separating the front end to the back end near McDuff's Workshop bonfire. No-Man's Wharf is optional.

Forest of Giants:
You'll come back to that at a later point.

All that work just to be told I'm dumb, an entire area for that old man >:/. Oh well, back the other way I go then.

Wait, have you not faced the boss there?

natertots

So I just arrived at lost bastille
i just arrived and the barrel did not blow up the door to the bonfire. I can't lure the jailer down to break it for me either. Am I out of luck? I just got here and have tons of souls. Don't wanna die without reaching a bonfire first.

HoosTrax

All that work just to be told I'm dumb, an entire area for that old man >:/. Oh well, back the other way I go then.
No, the entire area was to get to the ghost ship and the boss there, to unlock progression to Bastille. You can talk to the old geezer if you want (and it's required for an achievement), but that's a side task.

So I just arrived at lost bastille
i just arrived and the barrel did not blow up the door to the bonfire. I can't lure the jailer down to break it for me either. Am I out of luck? I just got here and have tons of souls. Don't wanna die without reaching a bonfire first.

Can't you go back to the first bonfire just to be safe? Took me twice to go through before it actually blew up the wall

BHK3

Banned
Wait, have you not faced the boss there?

No, the entire area was to get to the ghost ship and the boss there, to unlock progression to Bastille. You can talk to the old geezer if you want (and it's required for an achievement), but that's a side task.

There's a boss too, once you beat it
the boat takes you to Lost Bastille

are you people implying I can swim to the ship thats way out there and fight a pirate captain on there?

HoosTrax

are you people implying I can swim to the ship thats way out there and fight a pirate captain on there?
Did you not trigger the event that causes him to sail the ship up to the dock? (You'll see a cut scene that plays that shows it happening.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom