• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Playing a bit of Coop made me realize I should have went Cleric instead of Sorcerer.
Miracles are badass, here is this guy healing people and throwing lightning bolts like fucking Zeus, and me on his side doing little damage pew pew-ing little blue turds from a staff like fucking Sailor Moon.

Not to mention I had access to Cleric gear and spells for a lot of time, meanwhile I still don't have shit for sorcerer and am still waiting for the goddamn pyromancies ;(
Oh well.

Hopefully GeDoSaTo and VAC can live happily together, but if I have to lose GeDoSaTo to keep assholes from hacking the hell out of the game, I am more than willing to make that compromise tbh.
I really hope I'd be able to edit my Soul Memory in the future (if needs be, but hopefully it doesn't come to that) without worrying about getting banned.

HoosTrax

Only special thing I did was light a giant lamp.
That was optional, and just to make certain enemies less annoying. I think the thing you need to trigger is in the latter half of the level. I would really suggest pursuing this avenue of reaching Bastille; the other is a lot more irritating imho.

Vuze

Hopefully GeDoSaTo and VAC can live happily together, but if I have to lose GeDoSaTo to keep assholes from hacking the hell out of the game, I am more than willing to make that compromise tbh.

We'll see. I guess the game was VAC-secured from the beginning - hence the problems to connect for VAC-banned users - but they messed up the store page. If anything, it's probably too late already.

Hayabusi

This fucking game sometimes.

So I'm finally at the end of
no mans wharf
after getting shot up by the fucking
booby trapped chest
and going through
monkey mutants
, I activate the big light and hear the
mutants yell
. I panic thinking this was a giant ruse and am prepared to get swarmed, only to figure out
they hate light and run into shade
. Great I think, I can just hit them then
walk into the light!
WRONG. I aggro two, one
runs into the light
then runs back, the other just fucking charges me flaying his arms all over the place and kills me quickly cause I started bleeding which caused a stagger. I run up the stairs and turn to drop off the stairs to do a drop attack but since dark souls 2 fucked up that mechanic, I just dropped on top of him lost all my stamina did no damage and died. 20k soul bloodstain, I go on my mission to retrieve it only to find out that getting hit by fire arrows makes me explode and I died.

FUCK

Haha, that area.
I died so many times there that the
enemies stopped to respawn...

So I went to that "beach" in Things Betwixt to try and see the supposed Shrine across the water, turned off all depth of field and post processing and then boosted the brightness...

screenshot_2014_04_29_03_17_54_by_realghostvids-d7gc9lp.jpg

screenshot_2014_04_29_03_17_56_by_realghostvids-d7gc9kp.jpg

screenshot_2014_04_29_03_17_50_by_realghostvids-d7gc9ju.jpg

... Nothing! There's just a bunch of rocks there, like I thought.

Kinda disappointed, really. Being able to see Lost Izalith from Tomb of the Giants and other stuff like that in DS1 was incredible.

Booshka

Playing a bit of Coop made me realize I should have went Cleric instead of Sorcerer.
Miracles are badass, here are this guy healing people and throwing lightning bolts like fucking Zeus, and me on his side doing little damage pew pew-ing little blue turds from a staff like fucking Sailor Moon.

Not to mention I had access to Cleric gear and spells for a lot of time, meanwhile I still don't have shit for sorcerer and am still waiting for the goddamn pyromancies ;(
Oh well.

Cleric is better for Co op sure, but Sorcerers just take more time and effort to get really built. Sorcerers have a lot more ranged spells to work with though and can get some insane damage and spell combos. Clerics really only have Lightning Spears and Emit force for ranged attack, the Heal miracles are really good for co op though.

Grief.exe

Is that the big club or the biggerer (biggest?) club? I'm trying to find a nice weapon that has good reach and does AOE in front of me. I've been using the [ultra] Greatsword so far, but the swings don't always land where I want them to.

That's the Large Club Hoos.

I don't know which one is theoretically better, but this one has S scaling so I have that going for me.

I love the move set on this one. The two-hand R2 is exactly what you are looking for. I have mine at +9 and it does ~1500 damage for the full combo.

couple shots with wickfut enb/sweetfx/hbao+

ibsxKtxXu8pP0a.jpg

ii84QPZ9dgmNQ.jpg

Is it fairly performance intensive to run the ENB settings? What are your specs?

That is ridiculous.

Just found a guy who sells 13 human effigies in
Undead Crypt

Nice.

That is cool! Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

I am hardly getting crap done in this game. I've been too busy beefing my guy up.

Let me ask you people, do you grind and beef your character up a lot before pushing ahead or do you just try to persevere on skill alone?

HoosTrax

I don't know which one is theoretically better, but this one has S scaling so I have that going for me.

I love the move set on this one. The two-hand R2 is exactly what you are looking for. I have mine at +9 and it does ~1500 damage for the full combo.

Is it fairly performance intensive to run the ENB settings? What are your specs?

That is ridiculous.
Sweet, thanks! I think I have this club, will give it a try later.

SoundLad

Turning on HBAO+ in Nvidia Inspector (quality) really makes my gtx 680 get hot, especially at 3200x1800. GPU usage hitting the ceiling too, anybody else getting these kind of results?

eot

Banned

The 2-handed R2 eats durability like fucking crazy though.

Hot damn that's a lot of damage. I'm still rocking the +3 Bastard Sword. Really digging the moveset right now. R1 to sweep for multiple enemies. R2 for dropping the hammer.

Does anyone recall where you get the mace enchanted with magic? I know it can be accused fairly early, but don't remember where I found it on a different character.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Isn't this very similar to a statue in Lordaran? Gwynn's wife holding his son I believe.
Yep, and if you look at the ground in the house Cale and the map are at in Majula you can see shards of the Lordvessel on the ground.
So I went to that "beach" in Things Betwixt to try and see the supposed Shrine across the water, turned off all depth of field and post processing and then boosted the brightness...

... Nothing! There's just a bunch of rocks there, like I thought.

Kinda disappointed, really. Being able to see Lost Izalith from Tomb of the Giants and other stuff like that in DS1 was incredible.
Damn I thought that was BS but wasn't sure. Looks like people on GAF are trolling again.
Shrine can be seen from Things Betwixt but it will be a while before you get there, it's in the last half of the game after you've acquired the 4 lord souls.
Beware of liar.

impact

Banned
Surprised to see so many people had trouble with
the sentinels
. I think they've only killed me 1-2 times throughout 4 playthroughs. After
that stupid room in the castle
I think I learned to dodge them properly

Grief.exe

FYI
I think you passed the path to the 4th lord boss. You must have over 1 million soul memory and got in early through the Shrine of Winter.

For real? I'm kind of tearing through this castle right now and I assumed that was the path to the 4th soul.

Can I get a hint on the direction I should be headed in?

Surprised to see so many people had trouble with
the sentinels
. I think they've only killed me 1-2 times throughout 4 playthroughs. After
that stupid room in the castle
I think I learned to dodge them properly

I was getting frustrated with that boss. I would have the two on the bottom to 10% health and I would always overextend.

Happened like 5 times straight until I finally beat them. I can't believe how many times I would make little mistakes and choke near the end.

Newboi

I like the HDR and color correction effects SweetFX offers, but I absolute hate the heavy screen blurring caused by the Gaussian blur that the profiles from DarkSoulsII nexus uses.

I tried the GEM one and it was like my screen was smeared with Vaseline. If I tried to disable the Gaussian screen blur, the image would be completely missed up (this was for the GEM ENB+SweetFx by the way).

Anyway, I caved and did the remove HDMI cable to start the game trick. DKSII is really fun so far. You really have to trek extremely carfully and constantly look all around you. It's like there's always a chance for an ambush from your blind side.

I'm in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. My current build is a Sorcerer. I want a Battlemage like character, so I have to grind for awhile to get my Strength and Dex up to wear decent weapons and armor. It's kind of annoying to have to do so much evasion due to no shield.

Adry9

Hi, I'm lvl 68 and I'm looking for a good mid size shield I could use. I started the game with two swords but I want to switch and the only small shield I have is the Crimson Parma from early on wich is rubbish. Does anyone know were to find a nice one? I got to the end of
Sinner's Rise.
, I think.

Anyone?

Firebrand

Those guys are punishing me as well. Tried co-oping as a phantom, but didn't work out so great. Going to try to head to no-mans wharf now instead.
I beat them :D after an absurd amount of tries, but so satisfying!

My build has gone weird. I started as a warrior, now my highest stat is faith at 22. Those middle levels before attunement or faith actually did anything were kinda rough, but now... pew pew.

DukeBobby

For real? I'm kind of tearing through this castle right now and I assumed that was the path to the 4th soul.

Can I get a hint on the direction I should be headed in?

I was getting frustrated with that boss. I would have the two on the bottom to 10% health and I would always overextend.

Happened like 5 times straight until I finally beat them. I can't believe how many times I would make little mistakes and choke near the end.

Go back to the second bonfire in Shaded Woods and head into the foggy area to your right.

Can I get a hint on the direction I should be headed in.

Head back to last bonfire. Should be several paths out. It is called the forked road or forked ruin.

Adry9

There is a shield just after you defeat
The Pursuer
. Go past the nest, and you'll see a spot where you can fall down onto a platform. There's a corpse with treasure on it. The shield has 100% physical reduction.

Honestly either the drangleic shield after the pursuer or the royal kite shield from the blacksmith in the lost bastille can take you to the end game both 100% physical block.

Pick up the
Drangleic Shield
after you beat the
Pursuer

I'll set
The Pursuer
as my next objective then. Thanks!

Gazoinks

Is the Ring of Whispers worth getting? I know it
lets you talk to Tark
, but it seems kind of pricey if that's the only thing it can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom