• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPanzer

couple shots with wickfut enb/sweetfx/hbao+

ibsxKtxXu8pP0a.jpg

ii84QPZ9dgmNQ.jpg

which ENB and sweet fx profile/settings are you using? how's the impact on the performance?

Grief.exe

Hoos, another tip with these large weapons is you need to keep your fingers off the left stick.

That controls the direction of your attack so you can fine tune your swing. If you are locked onto an enemy, it will through off your swing entirely.

Is this to be trusted?

Lernaean

Banned
So, after a long wait for the PC version i started playing this Saturday.
Having very limited time to play per day and trying 3 different builds, i settled with a sorc build and finished my first area
after Majula, Forest of Fallen Giants today, both bosses

So far i can say i like it. I don't think it's nerfed compared to the previous and i can even say that i found the Pursuer to be very aggressive and i liked it.

I can see the inconsistencies i read around the boards, but it just feels like new people trying different things with the franchise rather that any sort of incompetence and that said i think they did a great job, it is a Souls game through and through.

I'll start my second area tomorrow, what do you guys suggest? Net says
Heide's Tower of Flame
, would you approve?

Booshka

I'm trying a Dex build and I'm at the Bastille with a normal Falchion, did I miss any (more) useful weapon (for my build) ? I don't like the falchion

Just buy a regular rapier, or two if you want to be a badass and dual wield Rapiers. Blacksmith in Majula sells them, Rapiers are really good in this game.

So does this mean to be safe we should all stop using GeDoSaTo?

I can't answer that question.

Someone in the GeDoSaTo thread said that VAC bans 2 weeks after it first detects a cheat, so assuming that the game has been VAC enabled from the start (would make sense since VAC banned people have been unable to connect in dark souls) if we were going to get banned for using GeDoSaTo, it would be too late to stop it at this point.

nbthedude

I can't answer that question.

Someone in the GeDoSaTo thread said that VAC bans 2 weeks after it first detects a cheat, so assuming that the game has been VAC enabled from the start (would make sense since VAC banned people have been unable to connect in dark souls) if we were going to get banned for using GeDoSaTo, it would be too late to stop it at this point.

Fuck. So if you are banned then no more online Dark Souls ever?

Jesus. I wish I'd never used this program. Game already looked fantastic and the differences to my untrained eye are fairly minimal.

Mylene

Is it fairly performance intensive to run the ENB settings? What are your specs?

That is ridiculous.

i'm on i7 920 @ 4ghz and gtx 680 SLI

it only takes a performance hit if i'm using SGSSAA for anti aliasing. for some reason it makes the textures blurrier even though it smooths out the edges.

currently i'm running it with no AA at all and at 1080p i barely notice it. I'd prefer a constant 60fps and more detail than with the AA.

have a sample video here http://youtu.be/M5io31TaqJQ

while recording with dxtory it does drop my fps at times to 40~ range

So I beat the
ruin sentinals first try :')

Time to level I was wondering is adaptability good to put levels into if you are playing tank? I was thinking if not just putting it into vitality.

Also the tower shield is just amazing it soaks up everything, made the boss fight so much easier.

Adry9

Fuck. So if you are banned then no more online Dark Souls ever?

Jesus. I wish I'd never used this program. Game already looked fantastic and the differences to my untrained eye are fairly minimal.

Wait, what? We are all getting banned for using a mod? LOL You can't even trust Valve these days.

Yep, and if you look at the ground in the house Cale and the map are at in Majula you can see shards of the Lordvessel on the ground.Damn I thought that was BS but wasn't sure. Looks like people on GAF are trolling again.
Beware of liar.

Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong place, but we had the discussion in the console thread and were talking about being able to see it. It also makes sense from the Map.

def sim

Man, it's kinda messed up that it took me a little over a hundred soul levels before I figured out how to open illusion walls. This whole time I thought everyone was lying in their soapstone messages when it was only most of you jerks.

aravuus

Is VAC active if I play with Steam in offline mode or something?

Asking for a friend... No seriously though, I'd love to do some minor cheating with a trainer but I'd rather not get VAC banned and lose tons of games or whatever then happened again. I assume it's an automatic ban if you're online.

xBladeM6x

What, now everyone who used Durante's program / ENB is going to be banned? I thought the only games where this was a "thing" was actual Valve Games.

Time to level I was wondering is adaptability good to put levels into if you are playing tank? I was thinking if not just putting it into vitality.

Yes. Adaptability affects both Poise and Agility. Poise is pretty pathetic in Dark Souls 2, but if you're planning on absorbing blows with your shield, it can still make a difference on the margins. Agility is valuable because even if you're a tank, you're going to want to dodge from time to time. Put 16-20 into Adaptability and see how that feels.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I found this NPC in No Man's Wharf...
whom you can sell weapons and equipment to. Overwhelmed with joy I ran to the nearest Bonfire to get my dupes and went back to the old fella, but he's nowhere to be seen :/

Did he move to Majuula or is he gone forever? Took a quick look and couldn't find him.

So many awesome area's already, i'm loving this game. I guess it's time to go to Sinner's Rise.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
With that ENB setup, the game looks pretty damned great.

enb_lighting_by_aloo81-d7gci5s.gif

Compared to the original reveal lighting below (this is even pre-TGS lighting)

back_crush_by_aloo81-d7gciqe.gif

DukeBobby

I found this NPC in No Man's Wharf...
whom you can sell weapons and equipment to. Overwhelmed with joy I ran to the nearest Bonfire to get my dupes and went back to the old fella, but he's nowhere to be seen :/

Did he move to Majuula or is he gone forever? Took a quick look and couldn't find him.

So many awesome area's already, i'm loving this game. I guess it's time to go to Sinner's Rise.

He's gone for now. You'll find him again later.

HoosTrax

Ok, this is going to sound really dumb, considering how much time I've put into the game, but how do you equip items in the top directional slot? And how do you select which of the two arrows/bolts you want to use?

VAC? I guess it's possible to alternate between a steam version of the game to play online and a "not so steam" version with mods when playing offline. The saved games should be compatible, no? Kind of crazy to get banned for harmless mods.

I have been using widescreen fixers to play VAC games in triple screens that do the same thing GeDoSaTo does and never been banned (intercepting DirectX calls), I would be extremely surprised if anyone gets banned for using it. I wouldnt worry to be honest.

LiK

VAC? I guess it's possible to alternate between a steam version of the game to play online and a "not so steam" version with mods when playing offline. The saved games should be compatible, no? Kind of crazy to get banned for harmless mods.

Don't think they could tell if it's just a visual mod or something more nefarious.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If we end up getting VAC banned for using Durantes mod Valve are gonna have one hell of a list I bet for it :p

Better beat it as soon as possible then just in case it does happen, I like cooping all the bosses.

Ok, this is going to sound really dumb, considering how much time I've put into the game, but how do you equip items in the top directional slot? And how do you select which of the two arrows/bolts you want to use?

Top slot is for magic. You can attune spells at a bonfire. I forgot abut the arrows, took me ages to figure out though.

Hey guys I just got the
kings ring and in the room with old guy walking around with sword.
I don't see an exit...do I use homeward bone to get back?

Let me take a wild fucking guess, Valve never make's official statements about anything like this do they? They just ban and never say anything or warn anyone, right?

VAC is automated. My understanding is that it looks for the signatures of known hack programs in memory on your machine and silently bans people 2 weeks after it detects a hack.

For all we know, it won't think GeDoSaTo is a hack tool and no one will be banned for using it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
VAC is automated. My understanding is that it looks for the signatures of known hack programs in memory on your machine and silently bans people 2 weeks after it detects a hack.

For all we know, it won't think GeDoSaTo is a hack tool and no one will be banned for using it.

Does Gedosato uses dll injectors? If so that is bannable by VAC standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom