• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

I put two together with messages on the ground
hinting about using a ring and friend ahead messages on the ground.

If someone wants to know which ring it is:

It can be bought from the cat in the main base; it's the one that let's you listen to other enemies (about 5k souls if I remember correctly)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I played 2 hours of DkS(1), PC today.

LOL

Yondy604

Banned
I am stuck, I got the soldier key, I opened the door with it (went down stairs into an area with turtle guys, kept going down the hall and I cant find anything to do at all. I found a bonfire, A ton of turlte guys, and a Giant tree which I can talk to that does nothing.

What am I missing here.

Grief.exe

I am stuck, I got the soldier key, I opened the door with it (went down stairs into an area with turtle guys, kept going down the hall and I cant find anything to do at all. I found a bonfire, A ton of turlte guys, and a Giant tree which I can talk to that does nothing.

What am I missing here.

Keep exploring. That's Dark Souls.

Atrophis

What am I missing here.

Run past that door into the next area that overlooks the sea. You can open another door there.

Nibel

What am I missing here.

Remember the giant stone sword that you can go up to (I think a enemy is standing on top of it)? If you stand in front of it and turn right, there is a door that can be opened with the solider key

impact

Banned
aaaaaand done leveling

iuriSfYIHbGjD.png

I'm playing a melee build (Knight) and i'm still using what I believe is the starting broadsword. Is there anything better I could have come across in the first two areas? I'm starting to struggle as I get further into
heide's tower of flame
, as I feel i'm outputting too little damage.

Enemies in Heides are weak to blunt i.e.
use a mace
. I've found greatswords do work to them as well.

Grief.exe

Does the online even work anymore now that GFWL has shut down?

GFWL isn't due to be shut down for a couple months. From and Namco have shown signs of removing GFWL from Dark Souls 1 entirely, but the registry app hasn't been updated in a couple months.

Doesn't mean they aren't working on a patch right now, I find it hard to believe they would remove GFWL from Ace Combat but not a game with well over a million copies sold on the PC. Albeit, updating Dark Souls is a fair bit more difficult due to the online interaction.

eot

Banned
Huntsman's Copse
The Executioner Chariot was a pretty cool boss. Not that interesting to fight once you pull the lever, but I like the concept. My weapon broke during the fight which made it a little more exciting. The skeleton fight on the other hand was a bit meh, and the bonewheels don't seem to spawn if you leave the last big guy alive. I imagine that kind of fight is a lot harder without a massive str weapon though.

zma1013

GFWL isn't due to be shut down for a couple months. From and Namco have shown signs of removing GFWL from Dark Souls 1 entirely, but the registry app hasn't been updated in a couple months.

Doesn't mean they aren't working on a patch right now, I find it hard to believe they would remove GFWL from Ace Combat but not a game with well over a million copies sold on the PC. Albeit, updating Dark Souls is a fair bit more difficult due to the online interaction.

Will Dark Souls 1 game saves be completely wiped?

Grief.exe

Huntsman's Copse
The Executioner Chariot was a pretty cool boss. Not that interesting to fight once you pull the lever, but I like the concept. My weapon broke during the fight which made it a little more exciting. The skeleton fight on the other hand was a bit meh, and the bonewheels don't seem to spawn if you leave the last big guy alive. I imagine that kind of fight is a lot harder without a massive str weapon though.

They spawned for me after I killed the last guy.

I was getting destroyed the first few times i tried that boss as I would quickly DPS two of them down without realizing they spawned adds. Then I would get destroyed by 6 bone wheels and 6 other skeletons!

Next time, I took them on one at a time and focused down the skeletons before moving on.

Will Dark Souls 1 game saves be completely wiped?

Back up your saves if you want to keep them.

They will either be compatible out of the box, or someone will implement a hex editor to force compatibility.

I'm looking forward to starting over fresh.

Atrophis

Probably too much to ask them to put in the dedicated server system of DS2 but it sure would be nice. Might hold off on it for now. I played until Anor Londo on PS3 and haven't touched the PC version yet.

dreamfall

Iron Keep. I just want to unlock a new bonfire, and there are so many Pharros Lockstone places. I wasted the only one I had on the door that didn't lead to the bonfire.

Profound sadness. Where can I get another?!

They spawned for me after I killed the last guy.

I was getting destroyed the first few times i tried that boss as I would quickly DPS two of them down without realizing they spawned adds. Then I would get destroyed by 6 bone wheels and 6 other skeletons!

Next time, I took them on one at a time and focused down the skeletons before moving on.

Each Skeleton Lord summons something when they die. It doesn't matter the order in which they die. Each one summons a set of skeletons. I believe the one on the left summons the wheels.

Vuze

GAH!

I was so fricken close to opening the shortcut in No Mans Wharf and in all my excitement that I partially beat the level I get owned by some fricking guy from above. Before I realize what has happened: "You died"

Gah. No more bolts for my bowgun, no more souls (thank god I spent most of them at the merchant before at least), great.
Done with this game today, fricken lurkers scared the crap out of me not going through this again this evening :(

Iron Keep. I just want to unlock a new bonfire, and there are so many Pharros Lockstone places. I wasted the only one I had on the door that didn't lead to the bonfire.

You'll find them while adventuring. You can also join the rat covenant to farm them. Every time you kill an invader, you get a stone. It also works in reverse. Get summoned, kill the host, get a stone. Much easier being the host, though. The first bonfire is just near the entrance, down the left flight of stairs. The second is just after the first boss. Third is just before the second boss (slightly hidden).

How far in are you. There are 3, technically 4 but it takes you to somewhere else.

Grief.exe

Each Skeleton Lord summons something when they die. It doesn't matter the order in which they die. Each one summons a set of skeletons. I believe the one on the left summons the wheels.

The one in the middle does, the reason I know this is I always killed him first the times I mindlessly failed then saved him for last when I figured out the situation.

En-ou

Is there away to make this autosync with googledrive so i can always have a copy just in case/

yes of course, i always have my game saves on my cloud drive.
download the google drive sync program. it should create a local folder on your PC.

move your dark souls 2 save folder to the google drive then use this command in admin command prompt to link it:

mklink /d "c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII" "C:\googledrivelocation"

make sure you include the quotation marks and you're set.

yes of course, i always have my game saves on my cloud drive.
download the google drive sync program. it should create a local folder on your PC.

move your dark souls 2 save folder to the google drive then use this command in admin command prompt to link it:

mklink /d "c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII" "C:\googledrivelocation"

make sure you include the quotation marks and you're set.

Thanks.

xBladeM6x

I doubt anything will happen, but if it does, you're likely fucked forever as Valve rarely admits their mistakes and valve support is the worst support system of all time. Valve is only consumer friendly when it earns them money, not when you genuinely need help.

But again, I've never heard anyone get banned over stuff like this, so there's no need to worry.

I wonder what would happen if you offered to pay for a VAC unban? xD

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Holy FUCK, (boss spoiler)
King Vendrick is a one hit fucking instakill demon.

mileS

So how do you drop just one item out of a stack? I have a bunch of small smooth and silky stones. I can only drop all of them at once from what I can tell and they end up saying now when I place it in the nest.

Uthred

Problems in the woods, is there some kind of trick to beating those
lion men
quickly? Theyre a pain in the arse to backstab and even when I manage it it doesnt seem to do a whole pile of damge (using Flame longsword) and they are just magic sponges (being a pure sorcerer is relatively tough in this so far compared to DeS and DS)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Huntsman's Copse

I just beat that boss yesterday and I used
holy water grenades or whatever on the lords, and I just killed them all in a row without considering that I'd have to mop up ALL the skeletons at once, including a bunch of bonewheels. I barely survived despite going into the battle feeling totally prepared and unafraid.

LiK

lion men
quickly? Theyre a pain in the arse to backstab and even when I manage it it doesnt seem to do a whole pile of damge (using Flame longsword) and they are just magic sponges (being a pure sorcerer is relatively tough in this so far compared to DeS and DS)

no really fast way, either backstab or just hit and run. they're pretty resistant to miracles too. not sure about sorcery.

Grief.exe

lion men

You could probably roll behind them during their swing animation. I generally roll away or back step then hit them in the face until they are dead.

lion men

The Lionmen are resistant to elemental attacks, so use normal damage. Strafe to their weapon arm (your left) as they attack to get the backstab, you don't have to be directly behind to get the critical attack started.

HoosTrax

Speaking of lion men, does Curse even do anything in this game? Did they completely nerf it? I can't tell that it has any noticeable effect.

Sewers in DS were the worst experience ever.

Im having a lot of trouble with
the gargoyles
in the belfray, any tips?

I tried summoning a phantom and that helped a whole lot and I almost beat em, but now whenever I try and summon it says no longer available and before it refreshes im invaded by 2 people who lay waste to me, every time. idk why.

Booshka

I bought one, but it does little damage compared to the falchion and also sometimes it doesn't hit enemies

Upgrade it, it will get better as you upgrade it. It's not hitting enemies sometimes because it is a more pinpoint attack, practice with it, get your spacing and timing down and you can beat the whole game with just a Rapier.

Along with the Mace, Rapier is a speedrunner's weapon of choice, so it's definitely a good weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom