• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
So I am in a part of the
Shaded Woods, specifically the really foggy area. I like the gimmick here.

Anyways. I notice a pot that curses me if I get close. And trees with faces on them.
Should I worry about either of those?

So I am in a part of the
Shaded Woods, specifically the really foggy area. I like the gimmick here.

Anyways. I notice a pot that curses me if I get close. And trees with faces on them.
Should I worry about either of those?

Do what Link would do.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
6 belfry bosses at once at coming out victorious on your own feels so dam amazing without cheesing with lightning spear too

Smash the pots, being cursed counts a death, lowering your max health, I think if you are cursed at maximum hollow, you are turned to stone. The trees are just atmospheric.
If you're wearing the Binding Ring, are you immune to death by cursing? I'm pretty sure I must have been at max hollow at the time given how I never burn effigies. I thought curses only made you vulnerable to something for a short while since I couldn't tell what it did.

I went and looked and cannot see anything; all I see is some rocks, and nothing more. I would expect to see the roots and more light; Amana is kind of well illuminated.

Do you have more precise indications?

Hmm, I may be mistaken on the precise location. I promise I'm not making it up. It was discussed in some other thread around here but it is possible our interpretation of it was all wrong.

Levyne

Banned
I found a trap in the
Shaded Woods.
. A small one, not a big one that led to a locked door.

Worth falling down the small hole? Haha

Also an untalkative npc :(

Coldsun

Banned
Sigh, guess i get to go back to 1screen for ds2 until people verify VAC won't ban for flawless widescreen =(.

I'm going to miss DS2 at 5760x1200 :(

I found a trap in the
Shaded Woods.
. A small one, not a big one that led to a locked door.

Worth falling down the small hole? Haha

Also an untalkative npc :(

Yes, you will want to explore down there thoroughly.

There is a way to talk to that npc.
ring of whispers sold by the cat.

2AdEPT

So I've found the best way to dodge the attacks of the Pursuer is to
simply roll towards him, to his left during every single attack, even the 3 swing combos. This is with agility up to 100 and equip load around 30%.

Yup, although you can go to the
right
as well, (or straight
back
, but this had better be well timed) and I suggest going to the
right
as this tends to bait the multiple
combos
...which is good because it allows you more time to punish his
recovery
or heal if need be after he does 2 or 3 moves.....I finally figured out how to get him without requiring much estus etc. at 14:10 of this vid.

eot

Banned
Got eaten by a micmic, should've seen it coming.
That area was clearly inspired by Sen's, you even find the lightning spear in a chest. I set the windmill sail on fire which turned off the gears, but I didn't seem very helpful.

vhnL3PI.jpg

The club can't handle me right now, I immediately intimidate anyone I invade.

Zafir

Got eaten by a micmic, should've seen it coming.
That area was clearly inspired by Sen's, you even find the lightning spear in a chest. I set the windmill sail on fire which turned off the gears, but I didn't seem very helpful.
The windmill being burnt is actually very helpful for the boss.

DJ_Lae

Damn, that was one of the better streaks I've had in any of the Souls games.

Killed a sequence of three invaders and plowed through the
gargoyles
and
lost sinner
. Only died on the first once.

The streak seems to have started once I found my favourite sword from Dark Souls (
zweihander
). Going to have to go back and see if the moveset has changed, it feels a bit different.

edit - it is, heavy attack is now a stab rather than overhead smash. Boo.

mannerbot

I would imagine if I manage to beat him once I'll be able to hold my own in consecutive encounters. Still an asshole though.

He kills me every time I try to heal.

Then you're obviously healing at unsafe times. Bait out an attack, get to a safe distance, and then heal.
Shouldn't ever be getting hit anyway, most of his attacks can be avoided simply by going to the right (away from his weapon hand) and the ones that have to be dodged are heavily telegraphed.

The_Monk

Managed to play a little more since it's been 24 hours since my last time which meant, lot's of deaths. ;)

Question:

I'm with a feeling I'm missing lot's of things. Hidden Convenants, NPC's, decent items, illusory walls, some place I could place those stones, etc. Is there going to always be a way to go back and find locations that I should been there before or will the game going to give me something similar to Anor Londo (and I know I could back-track there)? Thanks in advance my good people.

Should I be worried about the above or can just keep on having fun and going blind in most of the places?

jediyoshi

youtube compression is so garbage.

Host it on Mediafire or something. Gamersyde has spoiled me.

Nah it's not even the compression at this point. If people actually cared enough they'd just encode and upload it at 4k at which point it'd have a higher bitrate than any other 1080p streaming site, the framerate is the actual killer.

dani_dc

Dark souls 2 doesn't show up on the recent players list on steam? Kind of a shame. I miss hate/respect mail after a fight on XBL. Probably the one downside on PC for me.

Yeah, I agree with this. I liked that in DS1.

Probably an oversight, that is really too bad though if they never implement that functionality.

Shows up just fine to me, unless you guys are talking aobut something else.

thIyWAd.png

(Names of the players erased by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom