• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

Hmm.. This is news to me. I just jacked my endurance to 36 and used the cloranthy rings. Maybe I'll do some experimenting. Kinda bummed I didn't get that Llewellyn chest piece. My current build with the Alva chest piece will end up with about 80 poise and sit and 69% equip.

Just an fyi, poise in this game is very different from DS1. I got to rank 1 in the BoB (50 wins in the arena, losses count against you) with a zero poise build.

Although, anyone coming from the PS3 find the XBOX360 controller a bit. . .wonky?

Yes, the left stick movement feels a bit off. I had very little problems with platforming or fine tune aiming on DS3, but my 360 controller has resulted in more untimely falls than I care to admit.

Booshka

So...the
Smelter Demon
and myself both died at the same time. I'm praying that he stays dead.

Not in this game, you have to survive well after you defeat the boss to get the credit for it. No more trading, or clutch co-op kills where your phantoms finish off the boss while you lay dead on the floor.

Edit: keheheheheh

Levyne

Banned
Ah, finally found the
rat
covenant, not gonna bother at the moment because
I got lots of keys anyways be killing people that summoned me while wandering around.

alazz

So...the
Smelter Demon
and myself both died at the same time. I'm praying that he stays dead.

Probably not. That happened to me the time before I really-really beat
Old Iron King
. I can imagine how badly that must suck if it didn't die, though. It's the only boss encountered that I haven't been able to beat. :(

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
I'm currently upgrading my
Claymore
and have reached
Drangleic Castle
, would anybody suggest a better greatsword or similar weapon? Going with a STR/END build currently.

Not in this game, you have to survive well after you defeat the boss to get the credit for it. No more trading, or clutch co-op kills where your phantoms finish off the boss while you lay dead on the floor.

Edit: keheheheheh
So I have to beat the fucker TWICE? I was a hit away again and then died. I'm never going to beat this boss.

EDIT: I'm going to ragequit.

AmyS

Oh man, hahaha. The guy (TheCyberPunked) that uploaded that ENB test footage I linked to before has also uploaded a graphic mods "trailer" that seems to be done kinda in the same vein as From Software's own earlier trailers.

"PC 4K Graphics Mods Trailer"
(uploaded in 1080p)
http://youtu.be/v-LKU_eY9OM

Damn it's gonna be such a bitch to wait til say, early 2016, or whatever to have a 'Souls game on consoles (namely, The PS4) with *official* graphics at least as good as that.

Booshka

I'm currently upgrading my
Claymore
and have reached
Drangleic Castle
, would anybody suggest a better greatsword or similar weapon? Going with a STR/END build currently.

Upgrade an Estoc and use that along with your Claymore, Estoc is very effective in the area you are going to, and pretty much everywhere else too. If you want a huge upgrade in damage, and equip burden, upgrade the Greatsword, big ass Ultra Greatsword.

lunlunqq

Hi Fashion_souls gaf. Just want to share my setup. Console peasant here with shitty pictures taken off the TV screen; so please excuse the terrible picture quality. I feel it's harder to create good looking female character since most of the armors are meant for males characters.

This is what I'm running with on my sl166 sorcerer.
IMG_4979_zpsce2e1bf8.jpg

Looks pretty nice and fairly practically too.

Sometimes I switch to the witch hat.
IMG_4980_zps63a41f46.jpg

I'm planning to have a pyromancer/shaman run in the future in this setup:
IMG_4989_zps47cdf45e.jpg

And a bow only hunter run with these:
IMG_4984_zps3baf8452.jpg

IMG_4986_zps32b1667e.jpg

Well... bare leg with heels seem to work with just any armor/top. It makes the ugly smelter tops look sexy.
IMG_4990_zps05448195.jpg

IMG_4993_zps6d068727.jpg

of course the under boobs also help...

Finally, my hexer build...
IMG_4983_zps1f685a43.jpg

ElFly

Hi Fashion_souls gaf. Just want to share my setup. Console peasant here with shitty pictures taken off the TV screen; so please excuse the terrible picture quality. I feel it's harder to create good looking female character since most of the armors are meant for males characters.

This is what I'm running with on my sl166 sorcerer.
IMG_4979_zpsce2e1bf8.jpg

Looks pretty nice and fairly practically too.

What's this armor?

Booshka

Perfect timing by Lobosjr, he is streaming a Consumables only run and doing really well. http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr Spoilers obviously.

Consumables are a lot more viable than they were in Dark Souls 1, I will never forget the 1 hour long consumables only fight with Artorias that Lobos did in DkS1.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Yes, the left stick movement feels a bit off. I had very little problems with platforming or fine tune aiming on DS3, but my 360 controller has resulted in more untimely falls than I care to admit.

Yes. This. This is exactly what is going on. Left stick feels chunky as FUCK. There's some crazy ass drag going on when I move forward as well, like the game wants to pan me around as I run forward.

Superflat

I spent a lot of today being a phantom in earthen peak.

It's pretty interesting and fun to try to communicate that you need to
light the windmill on fire to get rid of the poison
. I've probably successfully led at least five of em to do it using gesturesl, running around and mimicking what they're supposed to to lol.

I'm loving how i can get summoned into someone's game within mere seconds of putting a sign down. So much faster and more frequent than the first Dark Souls on PC, jesus.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Holy cow. Not only is the load times so much better, but the summoning is like leagues better. Like 10 seconds to be summoned.

Also, added benefit of being on PC. . .no hate mail when you kill someone with the balista!

Panda Rin

Just got to Belfry

as soon as I step into the place and hit an enemy, two gray spirits spawn. Didn't think I could kill them both, but I did somehow. I don't know if I want to step foot into this place after that encounter.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So is it relatively safe to use Durante's tool with the VAC stuff?

I'm starting to worry now.

Go through that door by bonfire. It's optional but worth it.
Better than that stupid
Belfry Sol
bonfire that doesn't let you go back.

EDIT: And now there's a goddamn
Pursuer
there that killed me while I looked away... Just another 30k souls, I guess.

so1337

Alright, beat the Pursuer and found the third bonfire in the forest of the fallen giants.

The health degradation is kind of starting to annoy me. There's gotta be a cling ring equivalent in this game, right?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Alright, beat the Pursuer and found the third bonfire in the forest of the fallen giants.

The health degradation is kind of starting to annoy me. There's gotta be a cling ring equivalent in this game, right?

Yes. Fairly soon. Keep going.

Garcia

Lost 120k souls thanks to an invader... I would have raged if it wasn't for the fact that it took me just 20 minutes to farm them.

Still, fuck laggy as hell invasions. No fun at all. :-/

I love this game, dude. I still don't want to start NG+. I was so close to beat the
Ancient Dragon
. Got him down to 1/3 of his health and the bastard fried me. I'm getting much better at it, and it's definitely to fight him alone.

2AdEPT

I found a trap in the
Shaded Woods.
. A small one, not a big one that led to a locked door.

Worth falling down the small hole? Haha

Also an untalkative npc :(

there is a way to make him talk....how did the Ds1 NPC become more fluent? Same for DS2, but its no gift, you gotta pay dearly.

HoosTrax

Ok I give up -- how do I actually cast a Miracle? What button on the 360 do I press?

- I equipped the ring that gives me an atunement slot
- I went to a bonfire and used the "attune" option to put Homeward into my slot
- I can see it on the "Up" dpad direction (although it seems kind of grayed out/transparent)

Now what :|

(I'm kind of peeved that DS1 and 2 both had tutorials of sorts for basic combat, but didn't explain magic at all)

njean777

These big guys with the hammers in
Dragon Shrine
are fucking relentless.

The most annoying enemies in the game imo. They are just to fast.

Ok I give up -- how do I actually cast a Miracle? What button on the 360 do I press?

- I can see it on the "Up" dpad direction (although it seems kind of grayed out/transparent)

(I'm kind of peeved that DS1 and 2 both had tutorials of sorts for basic combat, but didn't explain magic at all)

Do you have a chime? You need one to perform miracles.

mannerbot

RB/LB depending on which hand you have your talisman equipped in.

In Heide's Tower area there is a chest containing the ring after you lower the ramp

Perfect timing by Lobosjr, he is streaming a Consumables only run and doing really well. http://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr Spoilers obviously.

Consumables are a lot more viable than they were in Dark Souls 1, I will never forget the 1 hour long consumables only fight with Artorias that Lobos did in DkS1.

Love Lobosjr's challenge runs. Trying to hold off on watching DS2 stuff until I finish though :(.

*EDIT* He's only on
Lost Sinner
right now though...maybe I'll watch for a bit.

Grief.exe

You need a chime equipped. The miracle lady on the path to Tower of Flame sells them.

I would be surprised if they didn't have a magic tutorial panel in Things Betwixt, you may have just missed it.

Whenever I am running low on health I just throw my sign down and help out with the area boss. If you beat the boss then you come back human and health, spell charges, and durability all restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom