• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wickfut doesn't seem to be saving my settings, am I doing something wrong? every time i play i have to disable DoF and reset the Adaptive values.

MegaBusta

I've been sunbroing it all day helping dudes kill the Old Iron King. Every time I put a sign down I get summoned in 5 seconds. It's wonderful.

HoosTrax

The most annoying enemies in the game imo. They are just to fast.

Do you have a chime? You need one to perform miracles.

RB/LB depending on which hand you have your talisman equipped in.

You need a chime equipped. The miracle lady on the path to Tower of Flame sells them.

I would be surprised if they didn't have a magic tutorial panel in Things Betwixt, you may have just missed it.

Whenever I am running low on health I just throw my sign down and help out with the area boss. If you beat the boss then you come back human and health, spell charges, and durability all restored.

Thanks!

But you played DS1 and still don't know how to use spells? It didn't change.
There wasn't a tutorial for it in DS1 either. I didn't use magic in DS1 either.

>:|

dekline

Lost 50,000 souls at
the iron keep.
I must have died 3 or 4 times there before I realized the bonfire is to the left of the entrance.....

Live and learn.

Timu

I believe this is the one the person in the video is using.
http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/7/?
That mod ruined my performance, now I'm in 30s with some below that at times, then again 1440p also has something to do with it, pretty though.
i7AjHym6BXavc.png

i7Xsv3j7xG1Yh.png

ibmReSaVjFC8k0.png

I'm just going to say it once to get it out of my system, because I know it's been discussed ad naseum, and I'm sure everybody is tired of hearing about it. I really hate that they added bonfire warping from the beginning of the game.

Alright, I'll say no more about that now. Because otherwise, I'm loving the game. Put about 13 hours in so far. I think it's really great.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Fuck you FROM for putting the shortest ass
time
limit at the (later game spoilers)
memory areas.

Levyne

Banned
Blah, I can't make the jump to the item at the bottom of the
Majula well.

Also, does it matter which of these areas I visit first?

HoosTrax

Because it's the starting chime? They get far more impressive if you ask me.
I hope so :|. Can't be looking like I'm getting ready to sing a Christmas carol or something. I want a big-ass bell that invokes that "all hail, heavy bells" song.

The only dorky looking thing in that picture is the full Havel's.
Not everyone can pull off the waifu look unfortunately.

xBladeM6x

I'm just going to say it once to get it out of my system, because I know it's been discussed ad naseum, and I'm sure everybody is tired of hearing about it. I really hate that they added bonfire warping from the beginning of the game.

Alright, I'll say no more about that now. Because otherwise, I'm loving the game. Put about 13 hours in so far. I think it's really great.

Wait, why is that bad? Couldn't you just not use it, if you hate it? :eek:

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The first clever and not completely immature message I have seen here.

Just wait until someone makes that "confidence required ahead but hole."

Whenever I am running low on health I just throw my sign down and help out with the area boss. If you beat the boss then you come back human and health, spell charges, and durability all restored.

Or you can just be a "shade" and help them reach a certain area to get human/full health back.

Garcia

Also, Co-op is working wonderfully tonight. 90% of the time I've been able to summon others. I'm soul farming at
Dragon's Aerie + Shrine.

Bucca

Totally unfair mobs. They offer no room for a counterattack. I usually just spam bolts to them and they're down pretty quickly.

My one MAJOR GRIPE with DS2 is that enemy animations follow you through like 90% of their total animation.

Those knights will literally pivot 360 degrees during their 3 hit combo due to the tracking.

Piano

Banned
So I've read the past 30 or so pages of the thread...from what I can gather none of these ENB modifications are purely an ambient-lighting fix, right? The "test footage" one seems to screw up light areas, the other wickfut guy seems to have lost his settings file and all of them look to add tons of other effects.

All I want is one that does nothing but restore the darkness. Not murder my framerate with 40,000 subsamples of bokeh aliasing downsample farts

Wait, why is that bad? Couldn't you just not use it, if you hate it? :eek:

Well, there's quite a few reasons, at least for me...

Mainly, it affects level design and tension. They don't have to be as careful about making areas connect to each other and including shortcuts if they can just put another bonfire in, allowing you to warp out.

The first time I went down into the Depths and Blighttown in DS1, I felt so much tension and claustrophobia almost. For a first time player, escaping from those places was HARD. (And causes some to ragequit.) It's that type of despair being stuck somewhere horrible that's just not replicated when I can warp out to cheery Majula whenever I want.

The fact that the option is there at all decreases that tension for me. So it's not just a matter of choosing not to use it. (Especially since it affects the level design.)

Anyway, not a deal breaker for me at all. But I prefer DS1's way of doing it.

Booshka

Just wait until someone makes that "confidence required ahead, therefore Try but hole."

Fixed, but ya. I expect that pretty good message to be poached and then brought back to Middle school where they belong.

One that got a chuckle out of me that a friend told me about was, "Chest ahead, in short, Try right hand."

feel

What's with people moving along cliffs/drops seemingly responsibly and then suddenly and randomly jamming on their sticks full tilt or doing a roll towards their death? Are they being startled by something irl or what I wonder. Been happening all over the place since Demons and it's always hilarious to me.

What's with people moving along cliffs/drops seemingly responsibly and then suddenly and randomly jamming on their sticks full tilt or doing a roll towards their death? Are they being startled by something irl or what I wonder. Been happening all over the place since Demons and it's always hilarious to me.

It's an entire covenant, devoted to creating amusing bloodstains for other players. There's is truly a selfless work.

Jintor

all kinds of explanations I bet. Overconfidence on a basic run, deciding to just roll for lulz, whatever. Bearing in mind you only see the times when people die, it's probably just a skewed perspective thing.

Mainly, it affects level design and tension. They don't have to be as careful about making areas connect to each other and including shortcuts if they can just put another bonfire in, allowing you to warp out.

The first time I went down into the Depths and Blighttown in DS1, I felt so much tension and claustrophobia almost. For a first time player, escaping from those places was HARD. (And causes some to ragequit.) It's that type of despair being stuck somewhere horrible that's just not replicated when I can warp out to cheery Majula whenever I want.

The fact that the option is there at all decreases that tension for me. So it's not just a matter of choosing not to use it. (Especially since it affects the level design.)

I haven't been too bothered with the fast travel out of the gates but finally emerging from Lower Burg -> Depths -> Blighttown and returning to Firelink was a unique tension release in my first Dark Souls playthrough.

Levyne

Banned
Blllllaaah

Can someone tell me what the item is you have to jump to outside of the room with ladders leading down to T
he Gutter?
Same room as a lizard.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speaking of right-hand: Apparently left-handed characters CAN NOT backstab like I thought. Nor can they imbue weapons with magic items for a buff to their weapon.

So, in short: Left-handers are gimped, again. THANKS OBAMA FROM.

Exams are finally over.

Man fuck Ancient Dragon, whoever designed this encounter is absolute garbage.

I can read his god damn flying breath attack, sprint in a straight fucking line away from him STILL GET HIT WHILE HAVING 15% EQUIP LOAD, other times he'll hit nowhere close to me, sometimes he nails me the same distance away. I'm not giving up just yet, after 3 hours. This boss isn't hard to read, he's just god damn random.

Bucca

Exams are finally over.

Man fuck Ancient Dragon, whoever designed this encounter is absolute garbage.

I can read his god damn flying breath attack, sprint in a straight fucking line away from him STILL GET HIT WHILE HAVING 15% EQUIP LOAD, other times he'll hit nowhere close to me, sometimes he nails me the same distance away. I'm not giving up just yet, after 3 hours. This boss isn't hard to read, he's just god damn random.

From what I've read about Ancient Dragon's backstory, he's pretty much supposed to be a ridiculously difficult fight.

xBladeM6x

It's bad because the entire design of the game suffers as a result. You don't get additional enjoyment from simply opting out of using warping.

I suppose I'm a l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶c̶h̶ bit more forgiving of the fact because while that tension was good, I did rage quit at it, and I genuinely hate rage quitting, so it's best for my emotional state. xD

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Crushed iron king alone! That was immensely satisfying actually.

Only took 28 great heavy soul arrows hAh...and two days.

Gazoinks

It's especially great in Majula where you see people staring contemplatively out into the ocean and then just randomly twitching and falling off the cliff.

Old Iron King has been pissing me off for two days now.

Someone help me kill him haha.

Hang back around the right side of the little hut. Pretty much none of his attacks can hit you there. Pop out to bait his fist-based attacks and get in a few hits. When he pulls one hand out he'll use his beam attack. Right before he fires it off just sidestep left or right and it will miss. Use this opportunity to get in a bunch of attacks. Rinse and repeat.

mannerbot

Old Iron King has been pissing me off for two days now.

Someone help me kill him haha.

What's giving you trouble?
Use the building as cover when he spits fire at you, otherwise just roll out of the way when he uses any of his other (all heavily telegraphed and very slow) attacks) and swing away with your entire stamina bar as they all have huge recovery times.

I haven't been too bothered with the fast travel out of the gates but finally emerging from Lower Burg -> Depths -> Blighttown and returning to Firelink was a unique tension release in my first Dark Souls playthrough.

Yep, this was an amazing moment for me as well. After probably 15 or so hours stuck in the Depths and Blighttown in DS1, finally returning to the sunlight and (relative) safety of Firelink felt *so* good. I never would have felt that if I could have just been warping out whenever I wanted.

Grief.exe

For all you Bastard Sword lovers have you tried the Zwei?

It seems to have an extremely similar move set, should I upgrade it along a fire path as its stat scaling isn't ideal?

I forget from DS1, can I add Sunlight Weapon to something that is along a fire path? Or does it have to be base?

ElFly

For all you Bastard Sword lovers have you tried the Zwei?

It seems to have an extremely similar move set, should I upgrade it along a fire path as its stat scaling isn't ideal?

I forget from DS1, can I add Sunlight Weapon to something that is along a fire path? Or does it have to be base?

Almost anything can receive a temporary buff on top of the permanent infusion. Doesn't even need to be the same type.

Only exceptions seem to be some boss weapons which auto buff spending durability (spoiler the buff is terrible and I'd rather buff manually, cause it would be better and last longer).

Woohoo! I think SLI is working flawlessly now!

SLI bits 0x02400405 (Payday: The Heist, Grand Ages: Rome, Aion, Grand Ages: Rome(Demo), Warframe)

Then you need to change undefined profile 0x0095DEF9 (111 Profiles) to 0x00000002 (Half-Life 2: Episode One, Alien Swarm... etc)

I am getting no slowdowns like before when looking down at the well in Majula or looking at the poison room in Earthen Peak. Also the flickering on the Majula mountain is gone. I think I'll stick with this for now.

That particular undefined profile isn't present when I look at the Dark Souls 2 settings under nvidia inspector. WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom