• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you Bastard Sword lovers have you tried the Zwei?

It seems to have an extremely similar move set, should I upgrade it along a fire path as its stat scaling isn't ideal?

I forget from DS1, can I add Sunlight Weapon to something that is along a fire path? Or does it have to be base?

In DS1 Chaos Zweis were insane. I personally loved myself a lighting Zwei.

rybrad

Exams are finally over.

Man fuck Ancient Dragon, whoever designed this encounter is absolute garbage.

I can read his god damn flying breath attack, sprint in a straight fucking line away from him STILL GET HIT WHILE HAVING 15% EQUIP LOAD, other times he'll hit nowhere close to me, sometimes he nails me the same distance away. I'm not giving up just yet, after 3 hours. This boss isn't hard to read, he's just god damn random.
Follow his tail instead of running away from him. No self respecting Dragon would roast their own tail would they?

Havel

I challenge anyone to go back and play Dark Souls 1 on PC and say Dark Souls 2 doesn't have input lag. It is honestly atrocious.

DJ_Lae

Old Iron King has been pissing me off for two days now.

Someone help me kill him haha.

Haha, I came in here to see if others were having issues with him, as I think I just died about a dozen times in a row. Half of those were with summons, but they somehow managed to be even more useless than me (I'm not convinced any of them actually beat him in the first place).

It doesn't seem like the fight should be that hard compared to some early ones, but it's so easy to get knocked into the lava.

Jintor

Old Iron King is pretty easy what with the safe spot near the exit door around the corner to the right (not applicable if he moves, of course). But other than that he telegraphs everything like mad and is vulnerable for ages after he attacks so your main worry is not falling in lava.

Varna

Lost sinner
was pretty intense. I couldn't see shit and he hit so damn hard. Two hits and I was done. Surprised it was the
the old ones
. So far I've only done Last Bastille fairly thoroughly.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Lost sinner
was pretty intense. I couldn't see shit and he hit so damn hard. Two hits and I was done. Surprised it was the
the old ones
. So far I've only done Last Bastille fairly thoroughly.

Next time light the room on fire. . .though this does require the chance of forced PVP.

Haha, I came in here to see if others were having issues with him, as I think I just died about a dozen times in a row. Half of those were with summons, but they somehow managed to be even more useless than me (I'm not convinced any of them actually beat him in the first place).

It doesn't seem like the fight should be that hard compared to some early ones, but it's so easy to get knocked into the lava.

I regularly put my summon sign down on boss fights I didn't know. I assume people would do the same.

Ludovico

Slow and steady progress, I've beaten about three bosses and just ran into the trio in B
astille.

What's a guy gotta do to get some large titanite? Really need to upgrade my scimitar past +3.

Also, in the second area
Hield's place, all I can get to is the path to the warf, but I heard there's a cling ring somewhere prior to that. Could I get a hint please?

Game looks and plays amazing, core2duo is still serving me well.

Garcia

Jesus Christ, the lag during invasions is unbearable. My screen froze for 2 seconds during the fight. I don't like this one bit!

Follow his tail instead of running away from him. No self respecting Dragon would roast their own tail would they?

I beat him.

Gowan's ring made him a bitch. I guess there's a variation of his breath attack where he jumps forward after leaping into the air, it makes it so running straight away from him is fruitless. The tail strategy works sometimes but it requires you to be toward his back paw. Gowan's ring is so effective I'm pretty sure they designed the encounter around you having it >_>.

edit: Gower's, I think I slaughtered his name with Jowan from dragon age.

Kalnos

Banned
Oh my god, this is the best shit ever. Dual Caestus and people keep unequipping their weapons to fist fight and I just annihilate them.

DJ_Lae

Old Iron King is pretty easy what with the safe spot near the exit door around the corner to the right (not applicable if he moves, of course). But other than that he telegraphs everything like mad and is vulnerable for ages after he attacks so your main worry is not falling in lava.

It's the beam that usually gets me, everything else is insanely easy to predict (and I can get in several hits with the zweihander when his arm is down). But that beam goes right through the wall and if it doesn't knock me into the lava immediately it'll still be active when I stand back up again to get pushed off a second time.

rybrad

I beat him.

Gowan's ring made him a bitch. I guess there's a variation of his breath attack where he jumps forward after leaping into the air, it makes it so running straight away from him is fruitless. The tail strategy works sometimes but it requires you to be toward his back paw. Gowan's ring is so effective I'm pretty sure they designed the encounter around you having it >_>.

edit: Gower's, I think I slaughtered his name with Jowan from dragon age.
I never had a problem doing it with his tail. I just stayed on his back leg, when he would lift up to stomp I would just roll toward the other leg. Definitely a tough fight but it doesn't have shit on that double mace asshole as a pure melee build...

Jintor

It's the beam that usually gets me, everything else is insanely easy to predict (and I can get in several hits with the zweihander when his arm is down). But that beam goes right through the wall and if it doesn't knock me into the lava immediately it'll still be active when I stand back up again to get pushed off a second time.

I think the beam is his only one handed move that isn't a wind-up overhead, so it's pretty easy to see coming. in fact, he leaves his stupid hand out for so long you can get 4-5 solid hits in easy.

Garcia

Lmao! One of those hammer dudes killed 2 of us sunbros in one single hit. It looked hilarious
and painful :(

Woohoo! I think SLI is working flawlessly now!

SLI bits 0x02400405 (Payday: The Heist, Grand Ages: Rome, Aion, Grand Ages: Rome(Demo), Warframe)

Then you need to change undefined profile 0x0095DEF9 (111 Profiles) to 0x00000002 (Half-Life 2: Episode One, Alien Swarm... etc)

I am getting no slowdowns like before when looking down at the well in Majula or looking at the poison room in Earthen Peak. Also the flickering on the Majula mountain is gone. I think I'll stick with this for now.

I still get the performance loss with this profile on my GTX 780s with the nvidia 337.50 beta drivers. The flickering is gone, though..

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Someone wants to help me with
Ancient Dragon
? I'm getting wrecked and some people who actually cooperate would be nice. Soul Level 140.

impact

Banned
So fire infusion weapons, does INT help these at all? Need a backup weapon for my magic MLGS but my damage stats outside of INT are pretty shit

About to go HAM

Neo Member
What do most people do after The Lost Sinner? I went into the Shaded ruins and was getting slaughtered in two hits from those axe dudes.

Also I kinda used up a few boss souls before I knew about the boss weapon traders. Am I screwed or is it not such a big deal?

Arulan

impact

Banned
I've been Sun Broing all day, and people have no shame.

They always summon two helpers and fat rolling everywhere.

Embarrassing.

My biggest annoyance is seeing people co-op these bosses first time, cutscene and everything. Come on people, it's a mechanic that's supposed to be used if you're stuck, not just so you can have people carry you through the game while you put in no effort.

You mean with left click and right click? It's due to the game apparently "waiting" for an additional input, specifically if you're going to double click or not.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259701364973/

There is this fix but it causes some other issues. I hope they fix this soon.

Dualshock 4 master race wins again.

Booshka

I've been Sun Broing all day, and people have no shame.

They always summon two helpers and fat rolling everywhere.

Embarrassing.

My biggest annoyance is seeing people co-op these bosses first time, cutscene and everything. Come on people, it's a mechanic that's supposed to be used if you're stuck, not just so you can have people carry you through the game while you put in no effort.

Which is why it shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to invade on NG, players get to summon help with almost zero risk of being invaded. The push pull of human/hollow form, summoning helping, risking invasion is gone on NG.

Well for anyone that wants mods for the game or is currently using one. I'd suggest that you remove it for now. The game now uses VAC for it's anti-cheat system. PS: Delete if old.

Shinjica

Which is why it shouldn't be such a pain in the ass to invade on NG, players get to summon help with almost zero risk of being invaded. The push pull of human/hollow form, summoning helping, risking invasion is gone on NG.

I invaded a few times in NG and 30% people were AFK so it was easy kill, another 50% were with 2 white phantom so it was 3 vs 1 and 20% were an honest 1 vs 1.

I just learned to lightning spear.

As a person who mostly tanked in DS1, this is fucking sweeeet. I feel like Zeus. How many points am I suppose to put into what to use more spells?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Dualshock 4 master race wins again.

I think its there to be used however you want to use it.

Its a game mechanic like any other

Damn, I had forgotten how mean some of the extra enemies and phantoms are in NG+. I'm trotting along happily through a familiar area and then next thing I know I'm sandwiched between two red phantoms D:

Sullichin

The first clever and not completely immature message I have seen here.
14DE6EE3454B667C1CF44F87FE2891E1F79D667A

Great PVP shield.
Between that and 39 ADP (39 gets me to the 110AGL breakpoint on my build) I don't have much of a problem dealing with hexes. The shield's usually on my back. I'm still mopping up NG though. Wiped out all the archers in No Man's Wharf and still no Sea Bow. Thinking of using an ascetic.

impact

Banned
I think its there to be used however you want to use it.

Its a game mechanic like any other

I guess, but it makes the game too easy. It's embarrassing to co-op bosses your first time imo.

Now that everyone can heal themselves they should add some Monster Hunter-like scaling for boss fights.

Btw what are your guys favorite endgame spells? I'm new to this whole being a magic spamming scrub thing. I need to get CSS but I used the ascetic to get MLGS so it'll have to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom