• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

So just 10 on ADP or 20 lol?

You have 10, so add 10 and get some more i-frames. I would also suggest dropping your Vit a bit since you are inbetween 50-70% anyway, just lower your Vit so your are right next to 70% and put those extra points into VGR.

Edit: if you are worried about your equip load there are two rings that can solve those problems. Don't level Vit past 29 though, it soft caps after that and the equip load gains drop by 50%.

I guess, but it makes the game too easy. It's embarrassing to co-op bosses your first time imo.

Now that everyone can heal themselves they should add some Monster Hunter-like scaling for boss fights.
I think the beauty of the system lies in the fact that it allows the game to be its challenging, natural self, or less of a bother if you either don't want to deal with the challenge or enjoy the game for other reasons (and may just enjoy co-op play). Plus, more experienced players can enjoy helping those who struggle. I'd say it's part of what makes the game appeal to a wider audience than one would think a difficult, niche-in-some-aspects game would be able to draw in.

Of course, I would never summon help for a boss fight, nor would I resort to cheesing tactics. Some builds are no less "cheap", I'd say, than summoning is.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I guess, but it makes the game too easy. It's embarrassing to co-op bosses your first time imo.

Now that everyone can heal themselves they should add some Monster Hunter-like scaling for boss fights.

Btw what are your guys favorite endgame spells? I'm new to this whole being a magic spamming scrub thing. I need to get CSS but I used the ascetic to get MLGS so it'll have to wait

I'll always attempt a boss myself on a first go (and I've done a good few myself so far) but cooping bosses is just too much damn fun. If people want to summon help good on them, it's their for a reason. I'll summon mother fuckers left, right and centre. I have no shame :p Plus helping people is great too.

Also, being in the
Rat convenant
is great for being a major prick. I summoned a gray spirit into the area and hid under the guise of an rat statue. He came past and then boom, hounded by rats in the area and I then proceeded to break his equipment with corrosive urns and kill him with my mace. So cunty but I must admit I couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 mins. Being a SunBro is more my thing though, I prefer helping people.

Currently at
Drangleic Castle
There's one kill room where you need to
open doors by killing stone statues and a couple of sentinels
Pain in the ass but getting their!

Firebrand

I can't even beat
The Lost Sinner
, took me fewer tries to beat the Artorias boss in DS1. He should be simple and I thought I'd beat him on 1-2 tries, but nope. And this is as an overlevelled armored guy with a big shield. I probably should give up and uninstall, but nope, I must see the rest of the game. Maybe I should go respec my 22 faith into hp/stamina (they're both 15), switching between weapons and lightning magic just ends up confusing me anyway. 2 stamina per endurance seems a bit tiny compared to the first game where dumping many points into end was a no-brainer, and it's not really the lack of end that kills me, but crappy reflexes. Looking forward to be able to craft fancy weapons to take advantage of my faith stat, but so far I've only seen large titanite and a poison stone.

What's that red-caped armor I see everyone wearing in co-op at this point?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Got invaded by two guys @ Belfry and FINALLY was able to take them both out. Such a good feeling.

Late game spoiler
Vendrick down, wasn't too bad of a fight mostly just rolling through horizontal slashes and circle strafing him. Still have to do dark pilgrim fight and queen, and I'll have beaten dark souls 2 for the first time. Ruleset was no shields no magic, power stance, also no maces. So yeah, not the easiest first time :p. Thinking of making a company of champions character next that is also melee oriented, but this time I'll carry a variety of weapons and see if pyromancy is any good without any faith/int.

Shinjica

I can't even beat
The Lost Sinner
, took me fewer tries to beat the Artorias boss in DS1. He should be simple and I thought I'd beat him on 1-2 tries, but nope. And this is as an overlevelled armored guy with a big shield. I probably should give up and uninstall, but nope, I must see the rest of the game. Maybe I should go respec my 22 faith into hp/stamina (they're both 15), switching between weapons and lightning magic just ends up confusing me anyway. 2 stamina per endurance seems a bit tiny compared to the first game where dumping many points into end was a no-brainer, and it's not really the lack of end that kills me, but crappy reflexes. Looking forward to be able to craft fancy weapons to take advantage of my faith stat, but so far I've only seen large titanite and a poison stone.

have you light the torch in both side before enter the boss fog?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Ya I know, but there isn't much you can do to send a message.

Well you can throw corrosive urns over them to break their equipment and rings. It'll inconvenience them a bit even if it's not super expensive to repair things. Never know they might be wearing that nice ring that costs 15,000 souls to repair :)

impact

Banned
I'll always attempt a boss myself on a first go (and I've done a good few myself so far) but cooping bosses is just too much damn fun. If people want to summon help good on them, it's their for a reason. I'll summon mother fuckers left, right and centre. I have no shame :p Plus helping people is great too.

I agree that it's fun. I co-op a shitton, but I beat my own bosses and help out others.

Well, unless you try to co-op the entire game, you're still going to be facing solo challenges outside of bosses.

I usually always take on a boss solo my first time, but the most recent boss, it was annoying enough just getting there. So my first time seeing the boss was when I put down my summon as a hollow and helped someone else take him out. Then with my regained human form/refilled Estus Flasks, I summoned one person to help me take out the boss in my world. Personally, that was more fun for me than potentially dying my first time and perhaps spending another 30 minutes just getting back to the boss again.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I agree that it's fun. I co-op a shitton, but I beat my own bosses and help out others.

Well that's the beauty of it. A 'niche' hardcore title that doesn't change itself but yet provides mechanics for people who want to use it to make life easier. Tis all good :)

I swear co-op people must love me with the Redeye Ring. Every single boss I've done I get all the aggro while the person who summoned me and everybody else with him get to attack freely as I just dodge and move around. Unless there's multiple enemies on which I help around. But seriously this ring is great and looks awesome with the mad dog mask since it looks like my mouth and eyes are breathing a red aura.

Then there's folks like me who already beat the game (on ps3) and just want to power through to ng+, so I am flying through the game now with the help of Sunbro's and they get to watch my cut scenes.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I challenge anyone to go back and play Dark Souls 1 on PC and say Dark Souls 2 doesn't have input lag. It is honestly atrocious.

Delays in what way ? I genuinely haven't noticed anything, feels super fluid/responsive to me.

So I beat the game.
The last two boss fights were a bit disappointing, the only annoying thing about the last one was that I was melee so I had to wait for her to come away from those curse things.
I ran around after that, upgrading and trying out different weapons. I tried using two great hammers, but seriously, the weapons run out of durability in like 10 kills. Am I doing something wrong?

Oh no, I wouldn't want to be embarrassed by the way I play a game :(

LOL

Using White Ring to make myself look like a white phantom (I'm pretty confident that it changes the color of your summon sign as well). I put down a Red Sign Soapstone and unsuspecting host will be in for a treat :). Had a few people that seemed confused to what was going on.

Also not in NG+ yet, but I was summoned by the Looking Glass Knight twice now.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
are there a limited number of the dumb lockstones in the game? I just ask because I got to that area with a bunch of slots for them and I only have 3

So uh wtf just happened to my game?

Acid Souls

I have no mods on it and today it started acting up like taking longer to open and load my saves etc. This happened while waiting for PvP and i couldn't even access menus' Had to alt tab to quit. What gives?

z3phon

Just got the game today. I'm new to the souls series and I'm getting completely wrecked. I'm only at the Forest of Fallen Giants and everything is destroying me. playing with the Knight but I think I'll start over with Warrior so I atleast have the shield. Would appreciate some tips from you guys.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
14056999471_9a43fee3fa_o.jpg

14060669074_7912aec1cd_o.jpg

14080249933_20720db7d2_o.jpg

Last one is straight out of Battlefield lol

alazz

Vendrick
all of the sudden got full defenses back on my third and fourth tries (I stopped at this point). What's up with this bs?

mannerbot

Just got the game today. I'm new to the souls series and I'm getting completely wrecked. I'm only at the Forest of Fallen Giants and everything is destroying me. playing with the Knight but I think I'll start over with Warrior so I atleast have the shield. Would appreciate some tips from you guys.

You don't need to restart if a shield is all you're after. Just buy the Silver Eagle Kite Shield from the vendor in Majula. As far as tips, you're probably playing really recklessly. Try to isolate enemies and fight them individually, rather than pulling packs. Wait for openings to attack/heal rather than doing them on a whim.

sixghost

I can't even beat
The Lost Sinner

Is it not the Drangleic armor? I swear 30% of the people I run into are using the Dragleic set. The sword is basically a more powerful Drake Sword.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Vendrick
all of the sudden got full defenses back on my third and fourth tries (I stopped at this point). What's up with this bs?

Vendrick's defenses are multiplied in tiers depending on how many Souls of a Giant you don't have. The more you have in your inventory, the lower his defense gets. When/if you have 5 of them, then his defense becomes standard.

LOL

Using White Ring to make myself look like a white phantom (I'm pretty confident that it changes the color of your summon sign as well). I put down a Red Sign Soapstone and unsuspecting host will be in for a treat :). Had a few people that seemed confused to what was going on.

Also not in NG+ yet, but I was summoned by the Looking Glass Knight twice now.

That must be it. I asked in the thread earlier but no one seems to know. Got attacked by a white summon while I bowed to them but I fended him off. I was very surprised and had no idea what was going on.

alazz

I can't even beat
The Lost Sinner

Probably Draingleic. Lots of people also use Vengral's Set, which also has some red cape-like cloth pieces that wrap around the back.

You get Draingleic set by dropping down from the collapsed floor after the
Pursuer
fight. I think it's impossible to see if you went right up to the nest after the fight without investigating farther up.

Vendrick's defenses are multiplied in tiers depending on how many Souls of a Giant you don't have. The more you have in your inventory, the lower his defense gets. When/if you have 5 of them, then his defense becomes standard.

For sure, I've got four of them. But on the third attempt, I was doing about 10 damage instead of 200, which I did the previous two, and then it stayed that way for the fourth.

No idea. But artifacts like that can be an indication that your GPU isn't feeling very well. Did it work after you restarted? And did it happen after playing a while?

Yeah it worked fine after and I have been putting in some overtime on this game. Like a lot. Man I really hope it doesn't die on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom