• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

Are you sure this wasn't in reference to the folks getting blocked by VA bans in unrelated games? Because Namco has been saying they are working on that for a while.

I couldn't tell you to be honest. If we're being realistic here, are the odds really significant that you'll be banned if you're using Durante's program? I'm thinking probably not, if it turns out you are, then that's;

• Bullshit
  • More Bullshit
  • Illogical
  • Even more Bullshit

Do your messages only last for a set amount of time? Or do you get a certain number?

I think only last 10 are active.

Speaking of which, From really needs to have a less intrusive notification that a message has been rated. A simple audio cue or an icon flash on the side would suffice.

Ilive1up

so,
the smelter demon
wasn't that hard.

i was using a shield with 100% fire resistance so i didn't have to worry about the fire. just had to be patient.

Really at a loss of where to go next.

I beat the
Lost Sinner
and
The Rotten (with some help)
and now I have no idea where to go next.
The Shaded Ruins
is a dead end. Locked door next to the
curse frogs

The newest key I have the
Ancient Key
which I used to open a single door in
Lost Bastille
that lead to nothing.

What am I missing GAF?

Mylene

is9QlKnXEAW83.jpg

I don't know what got into me but I've decided to beat the game with a dual wielding fist character and low armor. Up to Pursuer, challenging but not as hard as I expected. Caestus has excellent scaling.

If you did this for a challenge I have news for you: Caestus is really, really good in DSII and can be used to great effect in PVE and PVP alike.

Once you max them things will die, very fast.

ijed

I had like a 10 hour span with maybe two deaths or so, cleared earthen peak up the second boss without dying. Enter boss, wtf I'm supposed to didn't this in poison? Died a bunch, put soap down to help a player to restore humanity and I see his pool is drained. I explored the area after that and I still can't figure it out. So I went from two deaths in 10 hours to 15+ in 1 hour out of frustration.

There's an object around the
second bonfire
you can interact with:
burn the windmill - drains the poison

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Real Dark Souls 2 starts now.

I swear I saw that message after every area.

*finish tutorial*

The real journey starts now

*finish first area*

*open Shrine of Winter*

*arrive at Shrine of Amana*

Timu

The Gyrm Greatshield does, but it is very heavy. An alternative is to flame infuse a standard shield. I think there is a kite shield that can get 100% when flame infused with decent physical defense too.
I'll try to get that shield sometime, sounds awesome.

MG310

I beat the
Lost Sinner
and
The Shaded Ruins
curse frogs

Ancient Key
Lost Bastille
that lead to nothing.

What am I missing GAF?

There's a way out of the Shaded Ruins in the area with the drop into the curse frog/basilisk cave.

I beat the
Lost Sinner
and
The Shaded Ruins
curse frogs

Ancient Key
Lost Bastille
that lead to nothing.

What am I missing GAF?

From Majula, head back toward the Heides Tower, do not warp. See if something catches your attention.

wrongway

haha yikes, just got to H
untsman's
C
opse
and met the guys with the
spiked polearm things
. Haven't died to mooks in a while. Those guys do a startling amount of damage, and apparently I can't trust my rapier to break their poise even with the stone ring equipped. :<

neoism

LOLOLOL THIS GAME

Kreygasm

after like a year of playing DS1 I killed the spider women lol not sure why I LOOOVED the atmosphere of ds1 but it gave me such a big uneasy feeling I rarely played the game...
Well 8 hours in I just killed the first three bosses... <3 man summoning is soo much better :D
I dont really get the feeling in this game it's such a fucking amazing port :O

DaS2<3

but hole!

22 hours of Dark Souls 2 and I'm getting a little burnt out on it, just seems like I'm going through the paces now and I'm making alot of dumb preventable mistakes. Might need to give it a bit of a rest.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
What does it mean when I see
Touch Dragon Remnants
on the ground?

It's for the PVP covenant

It's an 'invitation' where they fight you. IIRC, if they win they get a dragon scale, which is used for covenant rank ups. If you kill them I believe you get one instead.

Bwana Whiskey

Neo Member
I'm on my first play through and bonfire ascetic'd the fire before the skeleton lords after defeating them the first time. Trying to get the casting ring. Anyway, its almost impossible the get to the skeleton's again and impossible the beat them when I do. I've sent waves of white phantoms to defeat the three red phantoms, etc.

Anything I'm doing wrong or other tips?

Gazoinks

I'm on my first play through and bonfire ascetic'd the fire before the skeleton lords after defeating them the first time. Trying to get the casting ring. Anyway, its almost impossible the get to the skeleton's again and impossible the beat them when I do. I've sent waves of white phantoms to defeat the three red phantoms, etc.

Anything I'm doing wrong or other tips?

Heh, I just had a similar experience asceticing the bonfire before
Freja.
I believe it raises it to NG+ level, so I think I just have to accept I'm a little too underpowered for it right now and come back a little later.

Gosh, I hate people who use magic. They never bow. This one dude I just fought in the arena hit me with a magic missile as I was in the menu to do the bow gesture! Jerk.

njean777

Gosh, I hate people who use magic. They never bow. This one dude I just fought in the arena hit me with a magic missile as I was in the menu to do the bow gesture! Jerk.

If you are not summoning them for a dual and are invaded I would not bow at all. If they invade just go at them. Now if you are summoning for the dragon covenant or blood bros covenant then I would bow before we go at it.

Garcia

If you are not summoning them for a dual and are invaded I would not bow at all. If they invade just go at them. Now if you are summoning for the dragon covenant or blood bros covenant then I would bow before we go at it.

Agreed. Invaders just break your game; consensual matches, however, are a different story.

This was in the arena, but if there's a significant distance between me and the other guy I always bow. It's just common decency. People who use that chance to make ranged attacks are jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom