• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a Blood Bro with a lot of extra blue orbs I started dropping them to blue invaders before killing them. Keeps the circle of invasions alive.

Also there is no honor BoB arena's. Some of the dirtiest tactics and cheapest builds I've seen were all there. Iron Keep Bridge with the Dragons and red soapstone battles have been the most honorable.

I wanted to test the healing spell, so I dropped it in a corner during a boss fight. Problem is, I dropped it during the
Spider
fight. He healed himself...and... well,
his heads fell off before his lifebar hit 0
. I had to homeward out. Ha.

Lol, what! Gamebreaker.

Nerokis

I just got to the boss of this area.

I lost 80,000 souls there because of the
lava streams that randomly one shot you if your jump isn't perfect

I can't get those souls back either because I've killed all the enemies too many times. :/

I've spent over 2 hours here but at least I'm at the end.

I lost almost exactly 80,000 souls
in the bell area you discover
around Lost Bastille. I got into this negative cycle where I'd die, go back to retrieve my souls, get invaded by an NPC in the process and thus be blocked off from the bonfire, get my souls back, and then die again - until finally I skipped the "get my souls back" step. In retrospect, there was probably an item I could have used to break that cycle, but yeah, it really sucked.

I've probably lost something north of 100,000 souls over the ridiculous number of times I've died in the Iron Keep, though. Seriously, I've died from falling in this game at least 10x more times than I ever did in Dark Souls. And people always complained about the archers in Anor Londo, but I personally never had an issue with them. The layout of archers in the Iron Keep, though? Deadly. And then when you finally get inside, it's time to maneuver around iron turtles and traps through mostly narrow halls. As fun as it is using those traps to kill those iron turtles, it takes a level of finesse that isn't exactly amazingly fun to replicate again and again.

As always, though, the boss is pretty simple, although one of the harder ones so far along with the Ruin Sentinels.

Way earlier in this thread, I caught someone say "don't ring the bells." Based on that advice (and the fact that I was getting slaughtered), I neglected to ring a bell the first time I stumbled upon one. This time, though, I noticed I had to if I wanted to get out of that hellish area. So why should you not ring the bells? Or is that a hint to just stay the hell away in the first place?

Carm

Finished up Lost Bastille earlier in the day. I had intended to go offline to trek through Belfry but then I thought, I should go back to the boss and put down my sign to help out others for a bit. That boss is a pain. So, I've been doing that all night till just now and I'm done doing that for now heh. Some people really don't know what they are doing just rushing a boss and getting cornered. Some didn't even bother to summon a second person or the npc that is just a few steps away.

Some would die immediately upon walking through the fog door, others would be naked besides sword/board when I got summoned. If you are gonna do a naked run, don't waste other peoples time by summoning them. Every single one of those were one or two shot. I died a few times myself doing dumb things, and I'm really starting to hate not being able to stop a casting animation, unless I'm doing something wrong. Only played melee in DS1.

Question/Advice on stat allocation.

I started as a cleric, and wanted to go Str/Fth, points spent so far:

9 Vitality Equip laod cushion
15 Attunement 5 spell slots
5 Strength initially 11 to wield starting mace 1h without penalty, then bumped up to 16 to hold Drangleic shield
10 Faith bumped to use Lightning Spear

Now my stats look like below. I'm looking at trying to upgrade 5 different stats maybe six if I want to put anymore into attunement. Should I be getting Vigor, Endurance and Vitality to 20? That's what I was thinking of doing then spend awhile putting more into Str/Fth for later. My agility is only 89 should I be getting that to 90? I really don't want to put points into ADP, I'd rather do Attunement but the cost is much higher to get to 90 there. More spell slots/faster casting though.

g7eUpOb.jpg

Also a question about the covenant Blue Sentinels. I'm assuming you can't rank up in it offline?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm if I restart the game, I can just book it to Majula right, I can just ignore all the little tunnels which just have tutorial shit in them?

Levyne

Banned
Hmm if I restart the game, I can just book it to Manila right, I can just ignore all the little tunnels which just have tutorial shit in them?

Yep. In fact, I avoided those white gates my first time through because I was scared of what might be behind them, haha.

Hmm if I restart the game, I can just book it to Manila right, I can just ignore all the little tunnels which just have tutorial shit in them?
LOL

Maybe it's my fever, but this is way too funny.
I've probably lost something north of 100,000 souls over the ridiculous number of times I've died in the Iron Keep, though. Seriously, I've died from falling in this game at least 10x more times than I ever did in Dark Souls. And people always complained about the archers in Anor Londo, but I personally never had an issue with them. The layout of archers in the Iron Keep, though? Deadly.
Tell me about it. I don't know how many times I've fallen flat into the lava when I ended up not jumping for whatever reason. I have never had so many problems with pulling off jumps consistently, for whatever reason. Maneuvering past enemies isn't quite as bad, but the environment of Iron Keep is definitely treacherous. Not to mention that surprise once you go back
to the room you fought the Smelter Demon in

I keep invading this guy called "**** Ripper" and each time he has done the duel bow and then just stood there doing nothing. He's all decked out with the King's Ultra Greatsword and Havel's gear and Smelter head but he just let's me kill him each time.

LiK

I keep invading this guy called "**** Ripper" and each time he has done the duel bow and then just stood there doing nothing. He's all decked out with the King's Ultra Greatsword and Havel's gear and Smelter head but he just let's me kill him each time.

Some people don't wanna duel so they just let you kill them to keep get it over with. It happens.

Some people don't wanna duel so they just let you kill them to keep get it over with. It happens.

Yeah, I do see that occasionally but I just find it weird that he keeps bowing. I think because I'm a Blue Sentinel he might want me to kill him so his own sin level will reduce.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm guys, should I just respec to sorc instead of starting over? I haven't sold my gear so for example I have that
black hooded set the boss soul weapon guy gives you for trading 4 weapons
, I started as a knight so the extra health isn't that wasted anyway. Thoughts? I'm just bored of my STR tank dude (it's too much like my ds1 guys)

I already respecced once but I did get another soul vessel. I could then just farm coop for souls to buy spells (although I think my soul memory is really high) or I could just farm mobs until they stop respawning I guess

Yeah, I do see that occasionally but I just find it weird that he keeps bowing. I think because I'm a Blue Sentinel he might want me to kill him so his own sin level will reduce.

Most likely, he probably took part in the time honored Souls tradition of murdering all the NPC'S before going to NG+ and is now making his penance.

Echoplx

I'm kind of confused by the infusing in this game, I have a STR build with a claymore +10 and it seems that adding elemental damage will actually make it worse for me? What should I be doing from here?

I'm kind of confused by the infusing in this game, I have a STR build with a claymore +10 and it seems that adding elemental damage will actually make it worse for me? What should I be doing from here?

It will do less physical, but it adds an elemental. You definitely want to do it. Lightning is a very good infuse. You can still do spell buffs and make them even more OP with scaling.

Banzai

Is anyone using Uchigatana? I remember it having little durability in the other games, it must be gone after 2-3 hits in this game...
I usually give my sorceress an Uchigatana scaling with INT and I'm planning to do it again.

Echoplx

It will do less physical, but it adds an elemental. You definitely want to do it. Lightning is a very good infuse. You can still do spell buffs and make them even more OP with scaling.

Problem is I haven't put any points into magic stats, so I'd have terrible scaling.

Nerokis

So elemental weapons are better this time around, then? There isn't a big "goes through two resistances" penalty, scaling doesn't outweigh the bonus elemental damage, etc.?

Probably my least favourite part of NG+
screenshot_2014_04_30_15_41_21_by_realghostvids-d7gjha9.jpg

I took one step too far and EVERY ONE OF THEM JUMPED DOWN. Somehow I made it out alive but it was ridiculously close.

xBladeM6x

I took one step too far and EVERY ONE OF THEM JUMPED DOWN. Somehow I made it out alive but it was ridiculously close.

You can actually just run past them, and when you get to the other side of the bridge, just jump to the little island of rock to the right of it, and they'll back off.

Edit: Wait, why are they red like invaders? D:

Booshka

I'm level 150 in NG+. Is there any reason to stop leveling now?

If you want to hang around with the duelist/fair PvP community that all hover around 120-150 then I wouldn't level anymore. But, if you don't care about all that and just want to keep grinding levels, go for it.

In other news, Invading in the
Abyss
is hilarious fun, it's such a mess, the enemies
aggro to you as well as the host
so you spawn in and it's a total clusterfuck.

Was looking for some late game invasion areas and this is definitely a fun and unique one, so many disconnects though, people do not want to be invaded here lol. It also doesn't count toward your PvP sin so that is nice if you are trying to avoid those pesky blues.

I really ought to just NG+ at this point, I got randomly invaded and the guy was pretty terrible, but overleveled as hell, dropped me 400K souls. So now my Soul Memory is even more out of whack.

derwalde

You can actually just run past them, and when you get to the other side of the bridge, just jump to the little island of rock to the right of it, and they'll back off.

thats the hardest jump in the game imo. god i died so many times there.

zkylon

zkylewd
It kills you so quickly, too. I even used Flash Sweat and thought hey, I might survive a few seconds.

I was dead in less than half a second.

I haven't dared try any of the platforming on lava platforms yet.

i didn't think of trying that, i put on a ring and i think i lasted maybe a little more?

i did some of the platforming but never got to jump to the third platform lol

I'm fighting him for the second time right now. He's not that hard once you get in close, but it's still a big pain because of all the things that can go wrong. Spiders! Lasers! Legs!

It's not hard at all. The things that make you die are stupid

I've worked it out so all I have to do is get close run around it and 2H while its doing something and hit the other head although eventually i'll get hit in the back by a little spider or my sword will be a millimeter off and I'll bounce of its armor and I'll get hit by something else.

Oh yeah and sometimes after its jump attack it'll end up next to a wall and never move again so I won't be able to circle it anymore

I don't think I'll get any satisfaction out of beating this thing.

LiK

just snipe them and it'll lure them out one by one.

NG+. Stronger than the normal guys.

Gazoinks

It's not hard at all. The things that make you die are stupid

I've worked it out so all I have to do is get close run around it and 2H while its doing something and hit the other head although eventually i'll get hit in the back by a little spider or my sword will be a millimeter off and I'll bounce of its armor and I'll get hit by something else.

Oh yeah and sometimes after its jump attack it'll end up next to a wall and never move again so I won't be able to circle it anymore

I don't think I'll get any satisfaction out of beating this thing.

Yeah, I'm gonna be pretty glad myself when I can beat it, grab its NG+ Soul, and move on. Got really close last time. It's easier with buddies, but I find we tend to get in each others' way a lot because of how close range you need to fight. I just died because I couldn't escape in time because there was another guy in my way also trying to escape.

just snipe them and it'll lure them out one by one.

NG+. Stronger than the normal guys.

Fuck the red phantom who sometimes appears at the end of the bridge! He could land his leaping attack with pinpoint accuracy if he did it from space. I rolled so far clear of it but he just magnetised to me and decided he needed to take all my HP :(

Korezo

I customized game setting in nvidiainspector and getting hbao+ flicker when I move. Is that normal or am I suppose to disable something from the games setting?

Beat the stupid spider. While I had a pretty effective strategy by the end and it did work for the most part, I think it was one of the worst bosses in the series.

Yes or no question: Is there a equivalent rusted iron ring in this game?

Also, is there a way to go through the harvest valley area without sweating over poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom