• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newblade

I don't know what got into me but I've decided to beat the game with a dual wielding fist character and low armor. Up to Pursuer, challenging but not as hard as I expected. Caestus has excellent scaling.
7BDF96FDA3DCD2F2FB1DA1B7B9B08F01A5A9FBDD

def sim

The Gutter
is the first area where I feel like I didn't explore every nook and cranny. Didn't meet any NPCs. Should I revisit and wander around more?

No boss either?

There is a boss, yeah. The lead up to it has two bonfires and some other interesting stuff. You should totally go back.

onionfrog

(Shaded Woods Spoilers)
Dear FROM software,
There are many ways in which you can build interesting, well designed levels. Invisible enemies in an area where you can't see 3 feet In front of you is not one of them!
:p

---
I made it to the bonfire just after that foggy ass area. I wonder what awaits me next.

is it me or the enemies change positions? yesterday died a lot with the first iron keep boss, and now the enemies are slighty different positioned from yesterday

Zafir

is it me or the enemies change positions? yesterday died a lot with the first iron keep boss, and now the enemies are slighty different positioned from yesterday

They don't change positions unless you aggro them. I noticed they jump/fall down there quite a bit though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What happens if you attack the
disgusting bug in the gutter that keeps farting?

Gazoinks

Keep circling right and manage your stamina so that you never completely run out (so you can sprint at will). The reason to circle right is the clearly telegraphed sweeping beam attack that, at least in my experience, always went from left to right (relative to you facing her), and can be tricky to dodge past. Try to pick off as many spiders as you can but don't get too focused on them. They'll often meander about slowly, then decide to pursue you really persistently at times, so it's good to keep you and the camera moving so you can be aware of their positioning. While you're doing all this, whenever the boss commits to an attack, sprint "behind" and smash it a couple of times in the face, then resume your circling. Don't use all your stamina when attacking, because you might need to roll to dodge an attack as you back off.

This sounds good, thanks!

Garcia

Getting really tired of these cheesy PVP builds. Hope FROM does something to address the whole issue with soul memory and PVP at end game, it is getting annoying fighting nonstop Havel mages, and I don't feel like having to build a cheesy character to PVP at higher levers because people think it's fun to spam magic.

Yeah, seriously. It's not just that they are laggy; they haven't been enjoyable for the most part. Still, I never get angry when I lose a match because of the Rings of Life Protection. They truly are a god send when you get invaded in the worst possible situation.

I also don't want to even tweak my build only for enduring PvP matches. I specifically built my character to my own liking, for Co-op and PvE. PvP breaks my game completely. I've won a lot of matches, but I feel those have been driven almost entirely by luck and I hate that so much.

Garcia

The armor set that
Head of Vengarl
wears during the
Ancient
Dragon fight
must be made of titanium. He can survive 4 or 5 flame attacks in a row!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn just saw that I missed a estus flask shard in
earthen peak,
was watching the giant bomb we're playing dark souls too videos, and vinny runs into a
long poison water corridor and there's a shard at the end in a body,
gotta remember to go get that when I get home from work

onionfrog

I'm calling bullshit.
(Shaded Woods Spoiler)
I killed that scorpion bitch mere seconds before I died due to toxic. She should be dead. I went back to the boss area after I died only to see the fog door is still there! And I have to fight her again! Damnit.

I'm mad...

I heard there was a mention officially by FROM about this in the Steam Discussions in one of the pinned topics, and that no one would be banned or that the VAC thing was a mistake or something.

Are you sure this wasn't in reference to the folks getting blocked by VA bans in unrelated games? Because Namco has been saying they are working on that for a while.

burgerdog

I had like a 10 hour span with maybe two deaths or so, cleared earthen peak up the second boss without dying. Enter boss, wtf I'm supposed to didn't this in poison? Died a bunch, put soap down to help a player to restore humanity and I see his pool is drained. I explored the area after that and I still can't figure it out. So I went from two deaths in 10 hours to 15+ in 1 hour out of frustration.

The spiders are the only hard thing about the fight.
They do absurd damage

Makes me wish I had some magic to deal with them but I dumped nearly everything into strength and then into dex when I remembered I like halberds. When do I get the respec thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom