• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
xXR5SPj.png

Bow + poison arrows = Win

Levyne

Banned
Always confuses me when I see bloodstains next to a otherwise uninteresting chest.

"Oh, it must be a mimic! Or a trap!"

And then nothing

Gazoinks

Always confuses me when I see bloodstains next to a otherwise uninteresting chest.

And then nothing

It amazes me the lengths some people go to die. :p I see a lot of bloodstains in enemy-less rooms wherein someone managed to pull an enemy through like three rooms, then turned around to try and fight and immediately die.

I'm mostly okay with the new durability system but sometimes it just really confuses me. I found the first bonfire in the Gutter and then did a big jump down to two hollow guys. I took one swing at them, kill them both and I noticed my durability had dropped a LOT from that single swing.

It went from 60 to 46 in a single swing against an unarmoured enemy. What is even happening???

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. Need a little help on where to go next.

I'm in Drangleic castle. I've defeated the boss and found a bonfire. I got a key in a chest. I don't remember any locked doors...

Wait there was one on the far left of the main castle entrance, is that it?

Edit: Dooh. I found it. Sure unsure of that door I mentioned, though.

I have a question about a section very early on in the game (forest castle)where you see the one big hammer turtle guy in a doorway and two firebomb throwing guys in windows above him. I'm not stuck here, I'm just wondering about barrels for future reference, I can't understand their logic:

Rolling through them doesn't make them explode, but the turtle guy smashing them with his weapon makes them all explode. Firebombs make them explode. Fire arrows do nothing. All the barrels look the same, am I missing something? Why can I smash them but when he does, they explode?

There's also several areas that have had "secret ahead" messages by ruined walls or wooden boards, and firebombs did me no good, so I'm wondering if I not understanding something simple here, or if they were just lies.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Speaking of mimics, I'm not a big fan of them killing you instantly if you attack them from behind while they're still in disguise. I'm not sure if that's how it worked in DS1 or not but it's pretty lame.

Grief.exe

And then nothing

Makes me question every single chest.

I have fun trying to deduce just how people died at times, I just can't believe where people are pulling enemies to.

I'm mostly okay with the new durability system but sometimes it just really confuses me. I found the first bonfire in the Gutter and then did a big jump down to two hollow guys. I took one swing at them, kill them both and I noticed my durability had dropped a LOT from that single swing.

It went from 60 to 46 in a single swing against an unarmoured enemy. What is even happening???

Just went through No-Man's Warf and my Rapier broke, was repaired, and was near breaking again when I beat the boss. At least you can use your whitestone and help someone kill the boss to repair/refill your stuff.

HoosTrax

Isn't it a bit evil of a cleric to be selling Faith-based miracles in exchange for "souls"?

Is that why the evil eye orb activated near her?

dreamfall

I was rolling quickly until Iron Keep.

Managed to beat Smelter Demon after a couple of tries, and just really enjoyed farming there. It was such a departure from all the areas- I usually hate the Lava-inspired bits (Izalith was terribly unfinished). But this felt connected well- I think I've got to take on the Old Iron King again- had him to a sliver, and fell in the lava pool.

Just slowly pacing it!

Don't. I could never beat S&O solo in ds1 and I regret summoning people for it. I managed to kill those dudes on my first attempt and it felt good. You're going to feel even better when you kill them. Keep trying.

Thanks for the encouragement! I beat it 10 minutes later :)

I love this game.

Levyne

Banned
Alright, beat the
Looking Glass Knigh
t on my first try. For some reason he was the boss I first heard of for this game so I thought he'd be harder D:

Wait till NG+

I wish they didn't lock the best thing about that boss to NG+

Prepare to Casul.

But seriously, if they had that in NG, there's a large portion of the player base that has enough anxiety about invasions already that it would break them. I think it's a good compromise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thinking of restarting the game before finishing, as I intend to restart as a sorcerer when I finish anyway instead of going into NG+. Every time I see a video of some secret I missed its some sort of caster and it looks so much fun compared to my shield/sword dude :/

HowZatOZ

Banned
God I love this game, so addictive and satisfying when you defeat a pack of mobs. At the moment I'm stuck within the Iron Fortress, near the start. The damn archers just shred me while I'm fighting off those on the ground, rather difficult :-(

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
So many sorcerer kills in the last hour feels good. Power stance with club + greatsword = 1 hit kill.

All of them either use some form of mist attack or homing missles.

I hate Iron Keep...

I just got to the boss of this area.

I lost 80,000 souls there because of the
lava streams that randomly one shot you if your jump isn't perfect

I can't get those souls back either because I've killed all the enemies too many times. :/

I've spent over 2 hours here but at least I'm at the end.

man iron keep with the fucking from trolls with the items right in the middle of the lava

fucking from lol
It kills you so quickly, too. I even used Flash Sweat and thought hey, I might survive a few seconds.

I was dead in less than half a second.

I haven't dared try any of the platforming on lava platforms yet.

Levyne

Banned
Alright, just now entering
Shrine of Amana
, which I hear is a real pain so probably best to turn in for the knight, haha.

Garcia

I just got to the boss of this area.

I lost 80,000 souls there because of the
lava streams that randomly one shot you if your jump isn't perfect

I can't get those souls back either because I've killed all the enemies too many times. :/

I've spent over 2 hours here but at least I'm at the end.

Don't worry too much about it. 80k will come easily (in less than 15 minutes) once you reach the end game.

LiK

Alright, just now entering
Shrine of Amana
, which I hear is a real pain so probably best to turn in for the knight, haha.

if you have a bow and take your time, it's not bad at all. i had no problem with it in my first playthrough. It's much tougher in NG+ tho.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Don't. I could never beat S&O solo in ds1 and I regret summoning people for it. I managed to kill those dudes on my first attempt and it felt good. You're going to feel even better when you kill them. Keep trying.

I found that the trick is to place summon signs, get summoned and help people out with the boss/es, gives you an easier time to look at what kind of attacks it has and how to avoid them since it's not focusing on you 100% of the time. So basically, you're training, while earning souls AND helping people out. Like a true bro.

Levyne

Banned
I haven't upgraded a bow, maybe I should look into that...

Edit: Which is kind of weird, because way back in Demon's Souls I was all bow all the time. I didn't want to directly engage ANYTHING. Now I have a vanilla shortbow with only arrows I could find.

Nabs

I wanted to test the healing spell, so I dropped it in a corner during a boss fight. Problem is, I dropped it during the
Spider
fight. He healed himself...and... well,
his heads fell off before his lifebar hit 0
. I had to homeward out. Ha.

If it's a straight up invasion...then the guy you're mocking with this GIF is absolutely right. Fuck invaders, show no mercy and no honor. Kill them and continue with your merry PvE adventure. I laugh when people who invaded me unprovoked to kill me and make me start the area all over again want me to fight with "honor".

If you're dueling someone, like a red sign soapstone/dragon remnants or the arenas, then sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom