• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
Probably my least favourite part of NG+
screenshot_2014_04_30_15_41_21_by_realghostvids-d7gjha9.jpg

I took one step too far and EVERY ONE OF THEM JUMPED DOWN. Somehow I made it out alive but it was ridiculously close.

The phantom right before the gate is the hardest fucker in the whole level. God fuck that dude on NG+

LiK

The phantom right before the gate is the hardest fucker in the whole level. God fuck that dude on NG+

Not even, the hardest Dark Spirit for me on NG+ was the fucker right before
final bonfire at Iron Keep
. Fucker is fast and hits hard. Fuck him!

So, continuing my very slow progress, onto the bridge to Heide's Tower place....I'll spoiler it even though it seems I'm the only person in this thread not blowing through this game:
what the heck am I supposed to do here. Alright I can take out that sword and shield giant type pretty easily by sticking to his back, but for some reason I just can't get a good grip on how to fight the guys with just clubs. Sometimes their attacks pivot with me like glue, and sometimes not.(I cannot stand this about this game) So I instead just booked it all around the area and picked everything up, found nothing besides some weird spots on the ground I couldn't use.

Am I just really horrible at this or are they supposed to be this hard? I'm a swordsman and I'm trying to just roll, I'm under 30%, I haven't found anything better than the scimitar+1 he starts with. I didn't upgrade it cause I keep hoping to find something else. I I used quite a few levels on ADP, hoping it would help. I never found a flame long sword I heard others mention, I dunno if it would even work better for me here.

Fuck them both.

I finally got past the stupid Undead Purgatory and then realised I hadn't done No Man's Wharf. I tried out something I read on Reddit a while back and was surprised to see that it worked.

Instead of trekking up to the bell to ring it you can simply shoot it with an arrow to make the ship get in place.

Gazoinks

Fuck them both.

I finally got past the stupid Undead Purgatory and then realised I hadn't done No Man's Wharf. I tried out something I read on Reddit a while back and was surprised to see that it worked.

Instead of trekking up to the bell to ring it you can simply shoot it with an arrow to make the ship get in place.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool. Love little touches in games like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg that feeling when going through a random fog wall and suddenly smelter demon one shots me

i needed those 24k souls T_T

LeBart

I really don't understand this game sometimes. I had zero problem with weapon durability after finding
that ring in the Lost Bastille
, but now for no fucking reason the same sword I've been using for 20 hours breaks after fighting 10 dudes. Surely I did something wrong but fuck if I know what it is.

Dude is a chump if you just
evade his first swing and climb the ladder. He'll climb after you, you go up near the top and just hit L1 to kick him until he falls. He takes a ton of damage and then climbs back up to get kicked again. Second fall should kill him, if not a couple of hits afterward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
made a sorc, played for like half an hour, fucking around a bit in forrest of giants...man, I dont think I have it in me to start over >_<

went back to my main character, turns out the
boss for the last great soul
was right outside the
black gulch bonfire
, so I got that. Majula lady now tells me to go to "the castle", and I have no idea what shes talking about lol. I remember seeing a door somewhere I couldnt open early on, but I think that needed a ring, not the greatsouls...

where do I go guys? :(

zkylon

zkylewd
ok archers arrows going through walls is pretty annoying

was liking iron keep but spending 40 bolts on killing each archer is tiring

ugoo18

Is there anyway at all to
lessen the effect of poison in Harvest Valley

I have the
Poisonbite ring
but i might as well not be wearing it for all the good it does.

I'm genuinely dreading the
poison
areas because of how fast it builds up :/

Also am i the only one who feels that there are too many bosses in this game?

Feels like every fog door i step through is a boss or mini boss now, they don't seem as special or they lack the buildup that they had in DS1.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I have the
Poisonbite ring

poison

Feels like every fog door i step through is a boss or mini boss now, they don't seem as special or they lack the buildup that they had in DS1.

just pop a lifegem or drink some orange juice to negate the poison really, or if you have a lot of moss, use that. poison is much harder to avoid this time

SoundLad

I really don't understand this game sometimes. I had zero problem with weapon durability after finding
, but now for no fucking reason the same sword I've been using for 20 hours breaks after fighting 10 dudes. Surely I did something wrong but fuck if I know what it is.

Note that weapons degrade REALLY fucking fast if you swing at corpses / enemies that are already dead. Try killing an enemy and swinging at its corpse and keep an eye on the weapon durability.

Jpope

Neo Member
There are some
poison cleansing waters in harvest valley
that are semi helpful.

I have the
Poisonbite ring

poison

DeaviL

Banned

I have the
Poisonbite ring

poison

You could try and wear the regeneration ring to counter the life loss.
I don't know how well that'd work though.

Starting to have a lot more luck finding sinners to invade. I don't even want Wrath of the Gods anymore (I changed my build from faith to int) but I'd still like to get to the 150 kills just for the practice. I got to 50 today... I'm on my way!

zkylon

zkylewd

I have the
Poisonbite ring

poison

ring is useless and so is the black leather armor

you just gotta pop one or two lifegems and counter it that way

tmespe

So I've been playing for maybe 12 hours or something and I've yet to be invaded. I thought being invaded was supposed to be more common than in DS1?

Skab

I have the
Poisonbite ring

poison

The
gas
, no. However, you can
drain all the poison water from the zone/boss area.
You do it by
lighting the big windmill on fire with a torch.

NEO0MJ

So I've been playing for maybe 12 hours or something and I've yet to be invaded. I thought being invaded was supposed to be more common than in DS1?

Like Holden said if you're hollow it's very unlikly that you'll be invaded. Plus most invasion happen in NG+. If you're itching to fight people go to either the
Bell tower or the Tomb of the Saints.

Matteoj8

made a sorc, played for like half an hour, fucking around a bit in forrest of giants...man, I dont think I have it in me to start over >_<

went back to my main character, turns out the
boss for the last great soul
was right outside the
black gulch bonfire
, so I got that. Majula lady now tells me to go to "the castle", and I have no idea what shes talking about lol. I remember seeing a door somewhere I couldnt open early on, but I think that needed a ring, not the greatsouls...

where do I go guys? :(

The shaded ruins fork is where ya want to start. Try taking all the paths...

Dipper145

Just beat the game, really enjoyed it, disappointed in some of the weapons.
I felt the boss weapons just weren't that good compared to my regular mace that I started with as a knight (once fully upgraded), was disappointed with most of the weapons that needed twinkling titanite as well, except for the dranglaec sword as my backup when my mace broke.
After finishing I helped a bunch of people with the final boss to get a bunch of souls, have like 2.5M soul memory now and tons of fully upgraded weapons. Not sure if I want to do NG+ or not. Leaning towards not, but we'll see.

p3n

every other invader is a havelyn now. Hope they nerf that fucking thing into the ground

They don't seem too bad. The cookie cutter resonant weapon on Santier's Spear on the other hand...

Losing 1700+ HP because they land a 1H rolling attack is scary.

Mogwai

Let me guess. Malformed Skull?

Forkball

Finally got through LB. Ironically I could never beat the boss as a phantom. I also beat the SR boss as a phantom. My greatsword did some impressive damage, but it was a bit tough since the area is so dark. And seconds after I beat that boss, I killed myself by missing a jump.

zkylon

zkylewd
is it just my impression or titanite is super limited in this game?

maybe i haven't gotten to a farm place yet but seems so

edit: also do rings with the same name stack? like a covetous snake ring +1 and a regular one?

is it just my impression or titanite is super limited in this game?

maybe i haven't gotten to a farm place yet but seems so

edit: also do rings with the same name stack? like a covetous snake ring +1 and a regular one?

Rings don't stack and seeing as you are in Iron keep, Titanite should become a bit more abundant relatively soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom