• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm about to buy the game on GMG but for a friend for his birthday. They just give you the key right? So I can simply tell him the key and he can get it on his Steam?

-MD-

How long is that 25% off deal last until?

PPk5Wz5.png

cheezcake

Thank you based HBAO+

I'm not a fan of that sweetfx profile though, Majula looks pretty terrible with it, while Dungeons look a little better

elfinke

My key was in my GMG library. Never got an email about it though.

Same here, thanks for the heads up. Can't redeem it yet though for preloading purposes, apparently (NA DSII key from GMG, and I'm in Australia and can't be bothered to setup my VPN for this).

Loved the article, Durante, it was a delight to read (and the gifs add so much)! One quick question (that google could probably answer for me): How close is RadeonPro to nVidia inspector for enabling similar visual improvements to games?

I've only really tinkered with RadeonPro in order to enable various tweaks for Mass Effect 3, but reading your article I have to wonder if there are similar features I can take advantage for DSII. I'll hit up google to kill the afternoon in the meantime :)

Korten

Banned
Preloading is terrible... It makes the waiting even worse. It's like a christmas gift, you know you're getting it, but you have to wait... :(

impact

Banned
Preloading is terrible... It makes the waiting even worse. It's like a christmas gift, you know you're getting it, but you have to wait... :(

I can't imagine the pain of you dudes who have waited almost 2 months. I beat it multiple times and I'm still going crazy looking at my Steam library wanting to play it. Could fire up PTDE but the online isn't very active and I don't really wanna fight 4 Kings and Manus on NG++ right now -___-

impact

Banned
Sure ya can, we've all been waiting for the game since 2011 anyways.

You know what I mean :p

In hindsight I wish I just waited for the PC version and skipped PS3, but I don't know if I could do it just knowing Dark Souls 2 was already out.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

Worst part is when the game is out but you will still have to wait for Steam to decrypt the preloaded files

Despera

Banned
Game is pre-loaded.

i7HcXNgSO2HTS.JPG

GMT+3 here, and the game apparently unlocks at 01:00 on the 25th... How come I don't get it early if it's time zone based? You guys lied to me :(

-MD-

Game is pre-loaded.

i7HcXNgSO2HTS.JPG

GMT+3 here, and the game apparently unlocks at 01:00 on the 25th... How come I don't get it early if it's time zone based? You guys lied to me :(

Because you're in a different time zone. The game will release for you at 1am on the 25th but it'll release at 5pm on the 24th (CST) for me. It's going to unlock for everyone at the same time, it'll just be a different local time depending on your time zone.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mohasus

I didn't know it was so easy to force HBAO+, totally going to do it. Can't stand other forms of AO, I prefer it off than the drop shadow with white halo AOs.

Despera

Banned
Because you're in a different time zone. The game will release for you at 1am on the 25th but it'll release at 5pm on the 24th (CST) for me. It's going to unlock for everyone at the same time, it'll just be a different local time depending on your time zone.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
So it's a fixed release time for everyone. But based on which location (the one getting the game exactly at midnight on the 25th)? I'm getting it 1 hour after midnight so this means it should be somewhere in the GMT+2 time zone...

It says the 24th for myself around 5-6 pmish? Where do you live at?
Saudi Arabia.

So it's a fixed release time for everyone. But based on which location (the one getting the game exactly at midnight on the 25th)? I'm getting it 1 hour after midnight so this means it should be somewhere in the GMT+2 time zone...

Saudi Arabia.
Ah that's prob the reason as stated above. If it makes you feel better, on Thursday I have a 4 hour lab final and Friday I have 2 final as well :p so I should not be playing.. Maybe just an hour :p

Durante

Note that the SweetFX profile in the screenshots is not exactly the one you can download. I did some further tweaking on it after taking them. I think the final one is better.

UrbanRats

Does this have bordeless window mode, like the first DkS(albeit with DsFix)? I asked before, but never got an answer, since the thread moved so fast.

Cincaid

Woo, pre-load is done!

Somewhat OT; any more news regarding Namco Bandai removing GFWL from the first game (and possibly adding Steam achievements)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom