• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

aQxPcZd.jpg

don't toy with my heart again

Still 24 here, I BELIEVE

Grief.exe

From experience, I can tell you that Steam unlock times are strange.

Valve is in charge of manually unlocking them through the Steam Database. There have been too many misses and weird occurrences to believe that it is an automated system.

Durante, no goodies for AMD users to bump up the image quality of DS2? (Other than SweetFX)

AMD control panel has AA options as well. Not sure to what extent though, that SGSSAA is something else.

aa_compare2.gif

Mexico (GMT -6:00)

I hope they honor the new launch date: Thursday 24th, 6:00 PM East Coast.

That is the same time showing for me as well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
From experience, I can tell you that Steam unlock times are strange.

Valve is in charge of manually unlocking them through the Steam Database. There have been too many misses and weird occurrences to believe that it is an automated system.
Most definitely. We'll see how it goes. Some east coasters might get the drop on the rest of ya'll, get their first few deaths in on the first boss before everyone else.

Grief.exe

Most definitely. We'll see how it goes. Some east coasters might get the drop on the rest of ya'll, get their first few deaths in on the first boss before everyone else.

Whatever region gets first crack, we just VPN to that area and unlock.

Simple as that.

Garcia

that's weird
i am from saudi arabie , GMT+3

GMT + 3 matches an April 25th release. That means we're all getting it at the same time. Seems like they're bounding it to UTC so it gets simultaneously launched in every country.

Edit: I just noticed that your countdown matches everyone else's: 2 days 22 hours to go. Depending on the country, the day will be either the 24th or 25th.
aQxPcZd.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
a9QG06o.png

From Monday, April 21, 2014 at 8:00:00 PM
Added 2 days, 21 hours

Result: Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 5:00:00 PM

I'm so hyped.

SO GOD DAMN HYPE.

Edit: Hey yo Nito you should add this to the OP.

t1398380400z2.png

Why don't you all just post the end boss in the thread? Quit fucking posting pictures.

You seem mad.

But seriously, going into a PC game thread on GAF and not expecting screenshots? Of a game that's already been released? You probably should have went media blackout by now if you didn't want spoilers from screencaps.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Why don't you all just post the end boss in the thread? Quit fucking posting pictures.

That picture is from Demon's Souls my man, a game that came out 5 years ago.

You seem mad.

But seriously, going into a PC game thread on GAF and not expecting screenshots? Of a game that's already been released? You probably should have went media blackout by now if you didn't want spoilers from screencaps.

I agree with him that pictures of the game itself should be sparsely shared (ideally linked, or quoted), but the picture I posted was from Demon's Souls, not Dark Souls II.

That picture is from Demon's Souls my man, a game that came out 5 years ago.

I agree with him that pictures of the game itself should be sparsely shared (ideally linked, or quoted), but the picture I posted was from Demon's Souls, not Dark Souls II.

I didn't know the first had dual wielding.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DAT HBAO+.

Hopefully Nvidia provides an official profile for it. Because good lord looking at Durante's article on "modifying" the game with profile tweaks it's a night and day change.

AkuMifune

Banned
Hey man, Demon's Souls is preeeeetty great. If you haven't finished you should totally play it

I have! But its been years. And just coming off DS1 PC its gonna be rough.

But I had some psn credit, so downloading now. Hopefully it will make these last few days more bearable.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have! But its been years. And just coming off DS1 PC its gonna be rough.

But I had some psn credit, so downloading now. Hopefully it will make these last few days more bearable.

I played through the game on winter break after over 100 hours in Dark Souls PC.

It definitely looks rough and takes some getting used to, but that game still has a lot to offer. Also, that last boss is some bullshit.

Gbraga

I still didn't play Demon's Souls either >_<

But now it's too late to get to it before II comes out, so when I'm done with II and need a break I'll start Demon's (bought it last time it went on sale)

I shall embrace the HUE when i invade them new players.

I can't wait to finally experience the online at launch. I still had a blast being invaded and later learning the PVP spots this year playing Dark Souls for the first time, I can only imagine how crazy it'll be with the new game.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Steam says the game comes out this Thursday at 6:30PM EST?

lolwut?

My key was in my GMG library. Never got an email about it though.
Same here. It's like a game in itself. If anyone is curious to what ROW means, it means rest of the world. It's basically the non-specialized version of the game, where specialized refers to countries like RU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom