• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
Okay so I decided to revisit
Belfry Luna
just now and got invaded 5 consecutive times by grey spirits... They arrived 2 at a time except for the last one. Felt so good to defeat them all in one go lol

I never use Lightning Spear or other offensive Miracles in PvP unless my opponent starts using spells first. Melee fights are just more fun imo.

Mistel

Banned
I think it's there as
a penalty for trying to skip Smelter Demon.
You do know you can get back to the keep very simply without traversing the whole of the sol? Not much of a penalty if you can bypass the whole place is it now?

ElFly

Belfry Luna
just now and got invaded 5 consecutive times by grey spirits... They arrived 2 at a time except for the last one. Felt so good to defeat them all in one go lol

I never use Lightning Spear or other offensive Miracles in PvP unless my opponent starts using spells first. Melee fights are just more fun imo.

Lightning Spear is just asking for trouble, tho. You will be rolled into and hit.

I feel the most basic soul arrow is fast enough to be hard to punish. Some of the dark spells too.

The sconces serve no practical purpose in-game right now, correct? Because it just occured to me what From was planning: torches required to light bonfires. I guess that's why bonfires are so common in DS2.

Must have playtested very badly for such an eleventh hour removal.

Edit: Oh, derp. I entirely forgot about the lightning/downgrade controversy.

Thanks, Orthogonal.

The sconces serve no practical purpose in-game right now, correct? Because it just occured to me what From was planning: torches required to light bonfires. I guess that's why bonfires are so common in DS2.

Must have playtested very badly for such an eleventh hour removal.

The general consensus is that it was built around the improved lighting engine, but console performance was not up to par so instead of having another Blightown situation, the lighting was scrapped but the rest of the supporting assets like sconces remained.

Havel

Kind of want to try this. I've heard it's by far the easiest of the games compared to Dark Souls 1 and Demon's Souls.

Easier is some ways, harder in others.

Though generally the harder parts are because of cheap shit which never existed in earlier games, like terrible hitboxes, input lag, tracking enemy attacks and shit animations.

burgerdog

God damn, Boris is a wizard. His new ENB allows you to turn off the ambient lighting completely. THIS is the Dark Souls 2 I wanted.

Default:
darksoulsii_2014_05_01_00_53_54_69_by_bigboss154-d7gmloa.png

Ambient Lighting off:
darksoulsii_2014_05_01_00_52_23_49_by_bigboss154-d7gmlou.png

Haha, man, to each their own but that's what you wanted? The ability to see nothing?

derp: phone brightness was too low. Cranked it up and that was much better.

Uthred

Yeah. It's a good idea in theory, but the implementation is iffy.

Anyways, what's a good place to stop on Int for a mage build? Are there any spells that require more than 40?

60 should do, highest spell requires 64 but you'll pick up enough simpletons spice to knock that down to 60 (or 55)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The ability for torches to be useful like what was shown and promised in earlier builds.

Makes the game much more interesting.

Edit: Saw your edit. LOL

Link to the enb? And more exact, the setting that turns off ambient light?

Gazoinks

60 should do, highest spell requires 64 but you'll pick up enough simpletons spice to knock that down to 60 (or 55)

Think I can make that, thanks.

While I'm asking questions, WHERE CAN I GET A PYROMANCY FLAME. I've got two Great Souls and I still haven't found one. I must have missed on, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The ability for torches to be useful like what was shown and promised in earlier builds.

Makes the game much more interesting.

Edit: Saw your edit. LOL

Yeah, but that photo you're using doesn't make sense. Why would the ENTIRE area be dark like that when there's sunlight right to the right. The implementation is "neat" but not really practical.

Havel

Yeah, but that photo you're using doesn't make sense. Why would the ENTIRE area be dark like that when there's sunlight right to the right. The implementation is "neat" but not really practical.

The lighting is baked in that area, sadly. If you look on the default version, everything is the same brightness, even the ceiling and the hole to outside even though they shouldn't be.

Vitor711

I feel you, that's exactly where I left off before coming I work, I aware I must have close to 100k souls when I retrieve them. It's not even that hard, I just get impatient (my last death was after clearing all the sorcs I died to the 2 knights at the end who are easy as shit lol)

I'm also STR melee only :(

Eh, if you waste all your stamina killing the last sorcerer, those knights will stagger the sh*t outta you.

Died twice due to that. I found that encounter cheap. Then again, if I was playing for real I would have just carried a decent bow with me everywhere like I did in DeS. Trying to keep things less cheesey though.

Levyne

Banned
Alright, got the
King's Ring. I remember seeing a bunch of doors but I forget where, haha. Maybe I will just look them up...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Easier is some ways, harder in others.

Though generally the harder parts are because of cheap shit which never existed in earlier games, like terrible hitboxes, input lag, tracking enemy attacks and shit animations.

Have to say tracking needs to be fixed. Swing a huge sword with target on and somehow manage to hit 5 feet from target. Died so many times because of this its not even funny!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Are there any swords that have a constant elemental look to them? Wish some sword would have that look by default rather than just for a few min the spell or consumable lasts!

Belfry Luna

BellsBros 4 lyfe

Timu

I killed my 1st
Mimic
, hilariously enough in this game I actually tend to hit nearly each chest before I open them in case a
Mimic
comes out to attack me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I killed my 1st
Mimic
, hilariously enough in this game I actually tend to hit nearly each chest before I open them in case a
Mimic
comes out to attack me.

I've only seen 1 in 35+ hours

Havel

Reposting for new page, but I re-uploaded them in an album here

Does the quality of the screen make a difference if I use the default steam tool? Shoul I use fraps?

Steam compresses it, so yes Fraps would be better. Just make sure you set the screenshot function to output as PNG.

Then upload those screens directly to minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom