• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuze

Just abandon and then rejoin the covenant while online, the cheevo will pop out.

Thanks, that did it :)

Did some research on the matter and it seems that some games track achievements in offline mode whilst others don't (DS2 apparently, Sleeping Dogs...)

elfinke

I got the Claymore last night. The moveset is dope, might use this one all the way to the end.

Yep, once I found this I ditched my +5 bastard swords and levelled the Claymore all the way to 10, then infused it with lightning. Wonderful move set (that R2!), light weight low stamina usage in combos.

I prefer ripostes in Demon's and DkS1. Hate the way they did it in DkS2

I've really struggled with the parry -> riposte in this, relative to DkS1. The parry is fine (with the right equipment, especially), but the follow up riposte is hard work. Backstabs are still a cinch, and endlessly gratifying.

Looking forward to wrapping up my pure melee run today (used a bow for the first time in Amana, to shoot those motherfuckers with their shitty 5fps casting animations...), I intend to either restart or respec as a pure range, spell caster and see how the game plays.

Speaking of respeccing, is it viable to finish NG, respec to a different build, then begin NG+? I might do it anyway, worse that happens is I just start a new NG.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay. I'm lost: Beat the
Last One
got the key. Unlocked two doors
one across from the way down by taking the bridge across the salamander area below. The other being the non-shortcut way to the boss and leads to a second boss
but those don't take me out of the area. Where the hell am I missing?

Vitor711

Just f*ck
Shrine of Amana/Amina/Assholes. Seriously, those 3 casters and two knights before the second bonfire SUCK
Didn't lose any souls thankfully, just patience. Was smart enough not to try and rush through but man.

And the boss. Wow. Cool design. But not fun to fight against 1 hit deaths.

Feeling mixed on this area. Cool ideas but just super frustrating for a pure melee build.

Despera

Banned
So I accidentally fell off a cliff while going through
Black Gulch
into what seems to be a hidden area. A passage leading to
a cave with multiple giants inside

Which makes me wonder about all the hidden areas I've missed so far.

Levyne

Banned
Just f*ck
Shrine of Amana/Amina/Assholes. Seriously, those 3 casters and two knights before the second bonfire SUCK
Didn't lose any souls thankfully, just patience. Was smart enough not to try and rush through but man.

Feeling mixed on this area. Cool ideas but just super frustrating for a pure melee build.

I just fought this guy. I don't understand the one hit death D:

Rich!

Just f*ck

Easy area. Just run through it. The second bonfire is near enough to the boss for the enemies to be no threat at all.

I just got to Aldias Keep - so far this game is better than DS1 imo.

Furio53

Seems like the game gets a lot easier after you progress some.
I don't know what I'd do without people to summon :p Though every time I get past a boss (I've beat 3 or 4 now?) I get scared to progress and log out for a break Then I come back and it's easy haha. Loving it though.

Vitor711

I just fought this guy. I don't understand the one hit death D:

His jump one shotted me and I could never roll away from it fast enough. All his melee attacks also drained nearly all my stamina.Plus I hit for like 100 damage. It was ridiculous.

I'm Soul Level 143 with maxed out gear - no idea what was going on.

eot

Banned
Hahaha, I'm using the Great Club and Large Club in power stance! I love that there are unique animations for that.

Kerrinck

Is it worth it to go over 20 on endurance? Looks like the gain is only 1 per level after that.
Focusing mostly on a strength build.

NEO0MJ

Just beated the
Gargoyles.
This was a painful fight, but that's probably because my weapons were ill-suited for that style of battle.

TheSeks

Okay, found another door for the key. But now I'm completely stumped on what door I'm missing to go to another area. D:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just f*ck

I feel you, that's exactly where I left off before coming I work, I aware I must have close to 100k souls when I retrieve them. It's not even that hard, I just get impatient (my last death was after clearing all the sorcs I died to the 2 knights at the end who are easy as shit lol)

I'm also STR melee only :(

Levyne

Banned
Finally out of
Shrine of Amana..

I understand the complaints now. I think I only fell to the mages once but i was also really careful.

dekline

Bonfire 2 in
the iron keep, leading to belfry sol
is useless. Invaded every time I ran through that place, even by 2 people at the same time. The fuck? Glad I'm done with that area.

TheSeks

Waiiiiit, I'm supposed to beat the SECOND boss of this area before continuing on in the game?

Oh boy. D: I shouldn't have turned hollow in that case...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I saw a ghost in Majula (as in another player near a bonfire) with a big sword that looked made of lava, anyone knows what that is and where to get it?

Okay. I'm lost: Beat the
Last One
got the key. Unlocked two doors
one across from the way down by taking the bridge across the salamander area below. The other being the non-shortcut way to the boss and leads to a second boss
but those don't take me out of the area. Where the hell am I missing?

The route beyond Forest of Fallen Giants is through
the second boss you mention
. However, there are other areas available to you from Majula.

Havel

God damn, Boris is a wizard. His new ENB allows you to turn off the ambient lighting completely. THIS is the Dark Souls 2 I wanted.

Default:
darksoulsii_2014_05_01_00_53_54_69_by_bigboss154-d7gmloa.png

Ambient Lighting off:
darksoulsii_2014_05_01_00_52_23_49_by_bigboss154-d7gmlou.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it's awesome he was able to do that and it's pretty, but I legitimately believe that some areas were actually meant to be pretty light in this game. It looks nuts to me how dark it is literally right next to light streaming in the window.

akaoni

Banned
God damn, Boris is a wizard. His new ENB allows you to turn off the ambient lighting completely. THIS is the Dark Souls 2 I wanted.

Can you do more areas, some that are not out of bounds if you could please?

I thought you were standing at the sword, my bad.

Havel

I think it's awesome he was able to do that and it's pretty, but I legitimately believe that some areas were actually meant to be pretty light in this game. It looks nuts to me how dark it is literally right next to light streaming in the window.

I love the ability to tweak it in-game via Shift + Enter. Gives you a lot of flexibility.

It doesn't really make sense on default settings, either. The entire room is the same brightness, even at the opening, on the ceilings, etc.

eot

Banned
Bonfire 2 in
the iron keep, leading to belfry sol
is useless. Invaded every time I ran through that place, even by 2 people at the same time. The fuck? Glad I'm done with that area.

I think it's there as
a penalty for trying to skip Smelter Demon.

Taruranto

Defeated the first boss and second bosses (man, they were easy).

Ran in circle after the first boss
I was expecting a mansion level after that dude mentioned his house, damn >:
and got some extra stuff.

What's the point of torches anyway... there is a point, right?

somehow spoiler

stay classy , Dark souls community

edit : why the spoiler tag not working with picture ?

how to get to her ?

I ran into a couple of these on other hand.

Gazoinks

Just took out the
Executioner's Chariot.
That was a really cool boss, loved the concept. I was probably overleveled though, as I kept forgetting to go back to take it out. Oh, and I did encounter that one glitched hiding place, which sucks. Cool fight otherwise though.

Probably won't make it this playthrough, but is the Shield Crossbow any good?

LiK

Just took out the
Executioner's Chariot.
That was a really cool boss, loved the concept. I was probably overleveled though, as I kept forgetting to go back to take it out. Oh, and I did encounter that one glitched hiding place, which sucks. Cool fight otherwise though.

Probably won't make it this playthrough, but is the Shield Crossbow any good?

not really. you're better off getting the Chariot Lance

TheSeks

The route beyond Forest of Fallen Giants is through
the second boss you mention
. However, there are other areas available to you from Majula.

Yeah, but I'm supposed to go the route I'm thinking, right? Not the other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom