• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Since we're talking farming, is there anywhere to farm Petrified Dragon Bones for me MLGS? I guess I could just Shade of the S&S Stones and hope.

Did anyone walk into the boss room in Earthen Peak and
completely shit their pants when they saw all the poison water?
I tried to fight but I just couldn't keep my health up. I didn't know you could
drain all the poison by burning the windmill.

However I did have an awesome moment that reminded me of why the online is so cool in Dark Souls.
When I initially got to the burnable windmill there were vague messages only saying fire. I shot some fire arrows at the windmill but nothing happened. When I entered someone else's game the other person he summoned lit the torch at the nearby bonfire and walked up to the windmill. The host followed suit and proceeded to burn the windmill.
My mind was blown. It was so awesome that i learned asomething from the actions of a completely silent co-op partner.

Gazoinks

Did anyone walk into the boss room in Earthen Peak and
completely shit their pants when they saw all the poison water?
I tried to fight but I just couldn't keep my health up. I didn't know you could
drain all the poison by burning the windmill.

Wait, you could do that? I just stayed in the center. It was a really easy boss anyway. :p Nevermind, misread.

I actually wish Earthen Peak was longer. It had a cool vibe that reminded me of a Zelda game.

HoosTrax

Well that was a nerve wracking experience in the throne room...

Broke my shield and used up every single estus before I skilled the Throne Defender and Watcher solo.

Levyne

Banned
Dumb question, but I will ask since I feel I'm nearing the end.

This game doesn't automatically boot you to NG+ upon defeating the final boss, right? I think I read that.

Then, if not, how do you start NG+ if that's the case?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LOL! I'm amazed how the console OT has died and gone to lay in eternal rest, but this thread is still going strong, as ever.

Well the game came out 1 week ago for us, March 11 for consoles. I'm sure that in 1 month this thread will have died down aswell, it's only natural

If I've got two Lord Souls and am at
Iron Keep
, around how much farther would you say that is?

1/3 or so

Zeliard

If I've got two Lord Souls and am at
Iron Keep
, around how much farther would you say that is?

If you want a shot at petrified dragon bones earlier on, drop a small white soapstone, help people kill bosses, and drop the smooth and silky stones you get into the nest.

def sim

I almost beat
King Vendrick
in my first try, but now
the duder is hells of resistant to any of my attacks
. What a bummer! That's probably the game telling me to go somewhere else for now, but I was so close!

Anyway, I'm loving the MLGS. I just like the way it looks so I'm sticking to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wasn't there a boss that you couldn't kill and needed to go back later with other items? I'm at
Shrine of Amana
and still haven't seen this guy

Grief.exe

I almost beat
King Vendrick
in my first try, but now
the duder is hells of resistant to any of my attacks
. What a bummer! That's probably the game telling me to go somewhere else for now, but I was so close!

Anyway, I'm loving the MLGS. I just like the way it looks so I'm sticking to it.

You can kill him? When I was down there he was just walking around in circles, not responding to my attacks.

DukeBobby

You can kill him? When I was down there he was just walking around in circles, not responding to my attacks.

Hit him a few more times and he'll eventually become hostile.

You'll need
giant souls
if you want any chance of beating him because his defense is so high without them. With 5 of them, he's incredibly easy to beat.

def sim

Yeah, immediately after
Velstadt
, I attacked him thinking I was supposed to. I was doing okay damage, enough to win the fight if I stayed consistent. The one time I decide to block was the end for me. Seems like a no no.

Coming back to him, I deal no damage anymore.

I have no idea what people consider a spoiler, so I'll err on the side of caution here.

Rhaknar

Keep going.

Well ok then. Oh oh, what about
the old guy I found by crashing through the floor at drangleic castle, he said I'm not dark enough for whatever that platform next to him is
. What's that for, side stuff or main? Spoil away I don't care

Timu

Is it me or the bosses aren't that hard in this game? Unlike Demon's and Dark Souls 1 where I die 20+ times on single bosses(like 4 of them in Dark Souls 1), I have yet to die 10+ times on a Dark Souls II boss. Most bosses I defeated are 1-5 tries.

Hit him a few more times and he'll eventually become hostile.

You'll need
giant souls
if you want any chance of beating him because his defense is so high without them. With 5 of them, he's incredibly easy to beat.

Hmm... I only have three. Explains why he's still taking a beating like a champ. Have to do some investigating...

Is it me or the bosses aren't that hard in this game? Unlike Demon's and Dark Souls 1 where I die 20+ times on single bosses(like 4 of them in Dark Souls 1), I have yet to die 10+ times on a Dark Souls II boss. Most bosses I defeated are 1-5 tries.

I never used co-op in the first game, pretty much had two companions with every time in this one. So, this game was wayyyy easier. Three of us tore through the final bass like tissue paper.

About 20 hours in and I just noticed you can set 3 weapons per hand. Now I can have a shield, wand, and 2nd Rapier for Power stance, but have to take my helmet off to stay off fat roll.

def sim

You'll need
giant souls

Oh, so that's the trick. I have one. :O

I was doing okay damage the first time, though. Maybe a bug?

So, guys, I'm so happy.

I have a Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display that I bought this year and the integrated graphics made me think that I wouldn't be able to do any decent gaming with it.

I was so wrong.

Dark Souls II in 60fps with everything on highest. Win!
Albeit, in 720p, but hey, you gotta lose somewhere, right?

So so so happy. There's no way I'm ever touching the PS3 version ever again.

He drops one.

It's a very, very difficult fight until you figure out his attack pattern. Unless you have the best armor or the strongest shield, he'll kill you with a single hit.

According to IGN you don't need to fight him:

The Ancient Dragon Soul can also be obtained through a much easier method. Return to the chamber where you fought Freja and use the Ashen Heart Key to delve into the memory of the dead dragon found here.

Well ok then. Oh oh, what about
the old guy I found by crashing through the floor at drangleic castle, he said I'm not dark enough for whatever that platform next to him is
. What's that for, side stuff or main? Spoil away I don't care

He is a PvE covenant master. Have to find him in 3 separate places to join. The other 2 hidden locations are the Black Gulch and Shaded Ruins.

Have you killed the
Ancient Dragon
yet?

Did you get the one in the secret cave in the Black Gulch? You can bonfire ascetic that area and get the Giant Soul twice (or more if you want). I did that instead of fighting the Ancient Dragok, so had 5 when I took down Vendrick.

DukeBobby

Did you get the one in the secret cave in the Black Gulch? You can bonfire ascetic that area and get the Giant Soul twice (or more if you want). I did that instead of fighting the Ancient Dragok, so had 5 when I took down Vendrick.

Yeah, that's definitely an easier method. I felt like I needed to beat every boss in the game before I moved onto NG+, so it had to be done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yep, that's the flame butterfly item. Instant lit torch!

By why do that? Light the torch, run to the lighting things. Light them. Drop torch. Relight when you want to light another of those lighting things/scones(?). Since you can relight the torch from those scones and the bonfires.

DukeBobby

By why do that? Light the torch, run to the lighting things. Light them. Drop torch. Relight when you want to light another of those lighting things/scones(?). Since you can relight the torch from those scones and the bonfires.

You'll need at least 3 of them if you plan on doing the Pilgrims of the Dark convenant.

Rhaknar

So if you're a bellbro all those npcs at the belfry won't attack you?

Risible

Man, I really, really hate "chivalrous" BellBros. I warp in and start fighting a dude and then see that another BellBro has just invaded as well. I'm like alright alright alright, let's beat this dastardly invader of our tower down together!

Instead, they come down and watch the fight because the don't want to go two on one. Bitch, the Princess didn't say "Defend the tower, but be polite about it." She said "Defend the tower at all cost from all invaders, motherfucker!"

So I do all the work and they reap the titanite reward, the fuckers.

Got 60 wins in the space of a few hours tonight, and the best part of it was when one of the chivalrous BellBros came down, stood around watching our fight, and was promptly stabbed in the back by the host for his troubles. Made me so happy, I didn't even attack him while he beat my traitorous brother down.

(seems like there's an influx of noobs because good God I was wasting fools in seconds flat. Like zero challenge.)

Levyne

Banned
Going up the staircase to the ancient dragon was a lot of fun!

I imagine it will be less fun when I have to fight it over and over D:

Should be able to finish the main game tomorrow. Then postgame stuff and see what I need to do in NG+. I know I missed
Lucatiels ques
t for instance.

Rhaknar

(seems like there's an influx of noobs because good God I was wasting fools in seconds flat. Like zero challenge.)
blrg.gif

So I somehow ended up skipping all of
Heide's Tower
and
No Man's Wharf
until after I had already finished
Lost Bastille

So I blazed through those two zones and killed like 3 bosses on the first try lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still haven't joined a Convent.

I'm not looking forward to the 500 invasion wins for Blue. Yeah, I know I can get it on NG++ so it isn't a big deal. I hope the other convent rewards are like that as well.

Though it's weird they made an achievement "Convent of the Meek" for not joining a convent when asked. Not sure why they named it like that if there really isn't a convent for that. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom