• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
that malformed skull seems pretty light on weight as far as two hands go. Wonder how much damage you could do if you power stanced them. Need about 52 strength though, but that isn't a problem in ng+.

Zeliard

Llewelyn armor is the best-looking set across all three games. Also very nice stat/weight-wise.

So you can go Fashion Souls and be the sexiest bastard out there without hampering yourself.

Sickbean

Speaking of fashion souls, what's a good superlightweight armour that looks better than my waifu being naked? Preferably something with synergy to my dual wielded maces.

Grief.exe

Llewelyn armor is the best-looking set across all three games. Also very nice stat/weight-wise.

So you can go Fashion Souls and be the sexiest bastard out there without hampering yourself.

That is some damn good looking armor.

Go back and try them in Dark Souls, the rolling attack in particular.

Love the clubs in Dark Sousl 1

Speaking of fashion souls, what's a good superlightweight armour that looks better than my waifu being naked? Preferably something with synergy to my dual wielded maces.

I've been wearing Wanderer armor + Thief Mask + Bone Cuff armlets for light.

SL 125, HP 25, STR 45, Stamina 25, Great soul arrow, Enchanted Falchion +10, ...can't remember what shield but it's a +10 with 100% block.

The fire the dragon breathes just one-shot kills me

Just do it naked. You can avoid both the foot stomps and the breath. The RNG of the fight comes into play when he flies up, and then lands. He can sometimes land in a really bad spot, making it so you can't avoid the fire.

I dont want to level up at all anymore as im trying to remain low level to be able to play co op with a friend.

Anyone has good recommendations on what to do with 60k souls?

What? Seriously?

I love the Large/Great Club moveset and they are Great Hammers as well. Time to farm for the Skull.

I've tried out basically every super crazy club/hammer/etc in the game so far and I can't quit the Great Club. Reinforced up to +10 the thing is beast The two-hand strong attack has become the only attack I ever used. Flattening enemies like pancakes is the only way to roll.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This game is pure evil
lii.gif

Gazoinks

I dont want to level up at all anymore as im trying to remain low level to be able to play co op with a friend.

Anyone has good recommendations on what to do with 60k souls?

Multiplayer in this game is based on the total amount of souls you collect, not your level. So basically if you play more than your friend and get a bunch of souls you'll end up outpacing him even if you don't level. :|

Is there any place you can go to see where you are at a certain Covenant level? I havn't done many, but would be nice to know progress to 100.

This game is pure evil
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img713/8867/lii.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I invaded a guy in Luna who was cowering on the bridge back to Bastille. I stood there for a little bit to see what the plan was, apparently it was just to hide behind his shield. So I shield broke him off the bridge.

Not as good as that gif though.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I've tried out basically every super crazy club/hammer/etc in the game so far and I can't quit the Great Club. Reinforced up to +10 the thing is beast The two-hand strong attack has become the only attack I ever used. Flattening enemies like pancakes is the only way to roll.

Yeah, the weapon is amazing. It feels so badass swinging around a giant tree. I use very light armor and just roll around with my bigass club. Dodge all attacks and then unleash with the tree.

Grief.exe

This game is pure evil
lii.gif

All the while, he is dropping the 'Very Good' emote lol

Yeah, the weapon is amazing. It feels so badass swinging around a giant tree. I use very light armor and just roll around with my bigass club. Dodge all attacks and then unleash with the tree.

That's pretty much been me since I have found the Large/Great Club, even dating all the way back to Dark Souls 1.

The problem is I don't like the aesthetics for screenshots.

HoosTrax

I know it is even though I don't have many they're nice to find.
The prices are pretty decent as well. Fangamer and Penny Arcade also often offer womens sizes as well, but the prices for a shirt on average at those two shops are around $18-$25. So $12 for a shirt is pretty damn good.

Anyways, I went ahead and put in an order for one each of the Solaire and Faraam Knight shirts in Womens small.

LiK

All I kept getting were their stupid shields. I have so many shields!

Uthred

Often times, they hadn't attempted the fight previously and the initial cut scene would play.

Bad form.

If you reach a boss and drop your white soapstone and then summon people to help you will still get the initial cut scene, so thats not a reiable indication of whether someone has tried the fight previously or not.

Shaded Woods
First off, it doesn't make sense to have a scorpion boss.

It makes perfect sense within the context of the area, the area is populated by Island of Dr Moreau-esque human animal hybrids created by some fucked up sorcerer and she was created as the wife of the man-scorpion. I also thought she was about as difficult as Quelag i.e. not very. Oh and scorpions are found in more or less every terestrial habitat these days, do you even arthropod bro? ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning guys (its 7pm but I just woke up give me a break)

Im the worst bellbro ever, Im sorry fellow bellbros :(

HoosTrax

Am I basically screwed for the Lucatiel achievement if I'm just about at endgame (Aldia actually) and I haven't been using the summons? Can I fix it with bonfire ascetic or am I going to have to do it in NG+?

jns

Trying to summon as the invader in LGK and Steam friends goes down.

10 years later and this friends list is still shit

yeah, that's twice tonight that steam has shit itself for me. Second time I was back in Majula spunking souls so it didn't matter .... still, time to Gave Save Manager the save and leave it for another day.

LordOfChaos

I'll guess without having read every page here, that the terrible PC controls have been mentioned...But they really are awful. It's like they didn't even think about them when making it. You get in-game prompts to hit console buttons when a controller isn't connected, for crying out loud.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got the faraam set yesterday (the promo trailers set basically), looks awesome but then saw the stats :( Good for a dodger I guess, or for someone that doesnt care about stats and only cares about looks, like me in DS1...what happened to me :(

impact

Banned
I'll guess without having read every page here, that the terrible PC controls have been mentioned...But they really are awful. It's like they didn't even think about them when making it. You get in-game prompts to hit console buttons when a controller isn't connected, for crying out loud.

It's a sign
that controllers are superior for this game

Any self-respecting PC gamer should own a pad anyway

Am I basically screwed for the Lucatiel achievement if I'm just about at endgame (Aldia actually) and I haven't been using the summons? Can I fix it with bonfire ascetic or am I going to have to do it in NG+?

I'm fairly certain you can Ascetic and it will work. I know people do it for Benhart of Jugo, using him on Magus three times instead of the other fights. You should be able to use her on The Rotten like that, and make her appear in her spots.

HoosTrax

I think these two look better:

Llewelyn set doesn't really seem knight like; thats why I don't like it.
My personal favorite "knightly" armor:

I'm fairly certain you can Ascetic and it will work. I know people do it for Benhart of Jugo, using him on Magus three times instead of the other fights. You should be able to use her on The Rotten like that, and make her appear in her spots.
Well I guess I'll give it a try, thanks. (And I haven't been summoning during the Benhart ones either, so I'll have to do that as well)

Sullichin

Hope you follow that up with another R2 on boss fights. That combo does some insane damage.

The best part of the weapon is the recovery time it takes enemies to pick themselves up off the floor.
This helped me immensely in the Dark Chasm of Old covenant quests, since pretty much all of the enemies there are super strong. 2-hand smash, flatten enemy, wait for him to get halfway up, flatten again.

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask, but I am interested in jumping into the Souls series and not sure where to start. I've only played Demon's Souls for about an hour when it went free on PS+, but it didn't really grab me at the time. I already own DS1 on Steam and wouldn't object to buying DS2 if that is the best Souls experience I can get. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom