• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Fair enough, but I guess my question is can I get all the achievements with my melee character through respeccing, or do I have to roll a magic build and start over to have a hope to get them all.

You don't need to respec just to get all achievements. Whatever build works.

neoism

Steam just go down?

-___- dammn you steam... summoning makes this game a cake walk lol first time ever in my souls gaming life I killed two boss in human form without dieing.. you still die alot but this game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better and easier than DS1...

also damn I wish you could use ENB with sweetfx...

Jito

Banned
d3Hf4wD.jpg
Hot damn I'm sexy!

Vitor711

speaking of that mask, is there a reason why stuff like that is always so imbalanced in the souls games?

like i guess there's some lore tied to it that some items need to be markedly stronger than others but it feels really weird, like i don't have much of a choice.

That's the Souls games for you - imbalanced early gear lasting you the whole game. I find that it's worse now than before but other people feel otherwise.

And yeah, I have no reason to switch to a different helm other than for aesthetic concerns.

I used the Stamina mask in DS1 for so long once I got it. Definite deja-vu here (they even look kinda similar).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Anyone know what happened to astroturfing on GAF? Hardcore Demon's Souls (and slightly less hardcore Dark Souls)-player. Just vanished, never to be seen in any of the DkS2 threads?

Banzai

Woah, I only just found out you can two-hand a shield (or rather the weapon in the left hand). Was that always possible in the Souls games?

I used a Bastard Sword for most of my playthrough. Even towards the end of the game, it got the job done.

I'm still using my Bastard Sword+10 well into NG+, fwiw.

I beat the game with a plain old Bastard +10. It never felt weak.

I got it to +9 and used it until I found the
Mastodon Greatsword
in the
dragleic ruin sentinel death room extravaganza.
No infusions needed, at least for me.

Bastard Sword is great but personally I dropped it as soon as I found a Mastodon Greatsword (it's dropped by the spiders in
Brightstone Cove
, and I think you can find one in a chest later on as well). The moveset is the same as the BS, but it has higher base damage and A str scaling when it's fully upgraded. It's also much heavier though, so you'd definitely need to put some points into vitality and use the Royal Soldier Ring (which I had been until I found the Second Dragon Ring).

Yeah I think I'll stick with my BS until I find that
Mastodon Greatsword
and I'll just keep it at +9.

RE: Equip Load - Have you got the Royal Soldier Ring?
It's behind a hidden destructible wall in Wharf and there's a +1 in Drangleic Castle once you kill all the mass sentinels in the room
. Increase your equip load by 10%/15% respectively. Definitely helps. The
mask of the lost sinner
also gives you an extra +2 to equip load and has really good stats.

I do have that ring, but I admittedly don't have a lot of points in VIT (literally all it is is equip load) but I'll focus on it at some point soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woah, I only just found out you can two-hand a shield (or rather the weapon in the left hand). Was that always possible in the Souls games?
No. This function and power stance when dual-wielding are totally new.

Is
Dragonrider
supposed to be the second boss, "in order"?

Rich!

uh

infusing weapons, does that require the second blacksmith you meet? the one in the lost bastille?

because I killed him

Garcia

Yep, and if you buff up the right shield, you can land as much damage as a fully upgraded weapon. I literally killed 5
Flexile Sentries
with my shield alone last night when I went full sunbro for roughly an hour.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's the Souls games for you - imbalanced early gear lasting you the whole game. I find that it's worse now than before but other people feel otherwise.

And yeah, I have no reason to switch to a different helm other than for aesthetic concerns.

I used the Stamina mask in DS1 for so long once I got it. Definite deja-vu here (they even look kinda similar).

i find it weird because it doesn't feel like an oversight imbalance, that mask is just overpowered in every way. so is the drangleic armor stuff.

and early on or not, it's really strange they would flat out make items like those. like no tradeoffs, no comparable items, just better at everything.

can't say for sure if it's worse than dks1, but i kinda get that impression too.

i really don't get why they do this

Vitor711

i find it weird because it doesn't feel like an oversight imbalance, that mask is just overpowered in every way. so is the drangleic armor stuff.

and early on or not, it's really strange they would flat out make items like those. like no tradeoffs, no comparable items, just better at everything.

can't say for sure if it's worse than dks1, but i kinda get that impression too.

i really don't get why they do this

Some people claim it's so you focus on getting better and not just getting better gear. I think that's silly.

The drangleic armour is so OP. As is the starting mace/fire broadsword you can find. 20-25 hours of my game used those. It was kind of dull.

There is better stuff (apart from the mask, no reason to switch that out) but it comes late and it's only better once upgraded A LOT. As such, it's not always obvious that you found a superior item as the starting stats aren't always great (even for boss gear). However, a lot of items scale crazy high with each upgrade so it can be deceptive.

If you're going for Str and are willing to put some points in Vit, go for the Alonne Captain armour and upgrade that to +10. It's insane. As for weapons, the Black Knight Halberd is also great upgraded as is the Large Club. Better than the Great Club in my opinion. That's got S scaling for Str. and does nearly 400 base damage at level 10

Grief.exe

Anyone know what happened to astroturfing on GAF? Hardcore Demon's Souls (and slightly less hardcore Dark Souls)-player. Just vanished, never to be seen in any of the DkS2 threads?

Unless he comes onto the PC side, it's less likely that people will know him in this thread.

I find that GAF is more of a console-focused forum with the PC side being more of a niche community.

UrbanRats

I know him from the GTA threads, so i don't know, we'll have to wait for GTA VI or RDR2, maybe.

eot

Banned
Some people claim it's so you focus on getting better and not just getting better gear. I think that's silly.

The drangleic armour is so OP. As is the starting mace/fire broadsword you can find. 20-25 hours of my game used those. It was kind of dull.

There is better stuff (apart from the mask, no reason to switch that out) but it comes late and it's only better once upgraded A LOT. As such, it's not always obvious that you found a superior item as the starting stats aren't always great (even for boss gear). However, a lot of items scale crazy high with each upgrade so it can be deceptive.

If you're going for Str and are willing to put some points in Vit, go for the Alonne Captain armour and upgrade that to +10. It's insane. As for weapons, the Black Knight Halberd is also great upgraded as is the Large Club. Better than the Great Club in my opinion. That's got S scaling for Str. and does nearly 400 base damage at level 10

I looked at that armor when I got it but it seemed worse than the Drangleic which I'm still using (and haven't upgraded because twinkling). I'll give it another look though. Maybe it was the regular one and not Captain's. As for the clubs, I've tried both and the Great one seems better to me. In Dark Souls the Large had a better moveset IMO, but in DkS2 they're the same (and worse than DkS). I only have my club at +8 at it feels OP enough as it is and that's while being in the CoC. The BK Halberd needs too much Dex for my current build.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, "more than 100 AGL"? Can you level a stat more than 100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom