• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3z_

I beat smelter demon with 12 adp and no shield, am I pro? I played the game well into sl100 before I put a point into adp as a dual wielding swordsman. I must have a bad feel for invul frames cause I am at 18 adp now and don't notice a diff from the 6 i started with.

pardon but what do you mean by memory leak ?

Idk what happened but this seems to be related to the patch as well.Dammit :/

A memory leak is a bug in a program in which the memory is consumed and not properly released, possibly causing an ever increasing amount of memory to be taken by the program, thereby slowing down or crashing the OS due to memory starvation.

HeelPower

A memory leak is a bug in a program in which the memory is consumed and not properly released, possibly causing an ever increasing amount of memory to be taken by the program, thereby slowing down or crashing the OS due to memory starvation.

Thanks for answering! How can I detect if my game is having this kind of problem ? Its performing badly for no reason after nearly 10 hours of gameplay.

Speaking of fashion souls, what's a good superlightweight armour that looks better than my waifu being naked? Preferably something with synergy to my dual wielded maces.

I'm very happy with my waifu

zcln3d1.png

Saints Hood, Lion Mage Robe, Lion Mage Cuffs, Desert Sorceress Skirt

Kalnos

Banned
If I burn a bunch of bonfire ascetics in NG in a rat area do I get super NG+++ rats when people are forced to invade me as a ratbro?

Thanks for answering! How can I detect if my game is having this kind of problem ? Its performing badly for no reason after nearly 10 hours of gameplay.

Task Manager should give you a good idea of the memory usage.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc brings it up in Windows.

Look for a process named darksouls in the list and take note of the memory usage when you start and finish. If it increases dramatically, a memory leak may be present.

mannerbot

Open up the Task Manager (ctrl+shift+esc or right-click on the taskbar) and check how much memory is used at startup vs. 10 hours later.

Sanctuary

You can roll consistently if you get the timing right. Anyway I understand that its not true for everyone, people will fell comfortable at different ADP/agillity. From my perspective, the difference between 50 VIG and 3 ADP and 30 VIG and 23 ADP is massively in favour for VIG.

The difference between a brand new character, and one with 100 - 110 agility is staggering. I mostly wrote off agility too for various reasons, but at the same time I was getting it without chasing it through ATT.

Once you play around with a character with higher agility compared to one at base, it's quite obvious how much of a difference it makes. Yes, you can simply "time" your rolls, but some enemies have very awkward hitboxes that are extremely unforgiving (to the point in which it's more "cheap" than "hard but fair"). It's definitely not a stat I would go after early unless I was playing a dual-wielder, but it is one that I'd get before having more than 15 - 20 VIG.

If you're abusing the backstep+parry glitch, you get even more out of agility.

Uthred

Finally got the
Staff of Wisdom
, was waiting to get it before upgrading anything, going from a +0 Sunlight Staff to a +5 magic infused SoW results, unsurprisingly, in quit the damage boost

A sincere fuck you to all the Belltower covenant invaders. May you burn in gamer-hell forever once your respawns run out.

Three options:

(1) Burn an effigy to limit invasions.

(2) Mad dash for the bell. In Luna, you can usually make it to the bell before being invaded. If you die on your way back down, no problem. The bell stays rung, and you can race to the fog on your next trip.

(3) Git gud.

AkuMifune

Banned
Again, burn an ascetic at the bonfire folks. Read your item descriptions, they are helpful.

Lol, never thought about doing that. Did Luna last night and killed two invaders. Was screaming is that all you got? My wife was like, I hate this game.

Even got the BKH crit backstab on one, lifted up and slammed down. So good. .gif

Going back with Bonfire Ascetic tonight, but since I'm coming in the backdoor will there still be invaders? I needs that NG+ ring.

A sincere fuck you to all the Belltower covenant invaders. May you burn in gamer-hell forever once your respawns run out.

I used to be in this mindset, trust me I cursed them and told them to go fuck themselves but:

1. There's no easier way to get titanite chunks. And with 10 successful invasions you get 1 titanite slab.

2. They're a necessary evil since PvP almost never occurs anywhere else.

3. Git gud

That's weird. Are the servers down for anybody else? Steam was being weird for a bit but now DS2 can't connect even though steam is fine.

EDIT: Of course as soon as I wrote that, it came back. Nvm!

HeelPower

Task Manager should give you a good idea of the memory usage.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc brings it up in Windows.

Look for a process named darksouls in the list and take note of the memory usage when you start and finish. If it increases dramatically, a memory leak may be present.

Open up the Task Manager (ctrl+shift+esc or right-click on the taskbar) and check how much memory is used at startup vs. 10 hours later.

so in case there is, how can I can I fix it ?

I really appreciate the help guys.This is actually my first game on PC.So I really don't know much at all.

mannerbot

so in case there is, how can I can I fix it ?

I really appreciate the help guys.This is actually my first game on PC.So I really don't know much at all.

Well, as it's a case of poor programming it's really on the developers to fix. But you can simply close the program and restart it every few hours or when you feel it getting sluggish.

Niago

Neo Member
Bonfire Ascetic doesn't work for Belfry Luna at least. I tried it earlier, as soon as you enter the Belfry Luna 'zone', the ascetic buff vanishes.

I got through with a couple of deaths and managed to kill a couple of invaders so it wasn't so bad, albeit the time where I was stood at the top of the ladder with 2 invaders waiting for me at the bottom was 'fun'.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how does the Belfry zone work anyway? it seems very small and on the other end I came out in Iron Keep again, I didnt see any boss.

how does the Belfry zone work anyway? it seems very small and on the other end I came out in Iron Keep again, I didnt see any boss.

Belfrys work in this way: you enter, you get invaded by 1 or 2 guys depending how long it takes you to get through the area and reach the end.
Belfry Luna had the boss fight, Belfry Sol doesn't.

There are two things I've noticed with the Belfrys though. If you go in get invaded and get killed, if you come back and attempt it again right afterwards you won't get invaded immediately if at all. So for those who are solo'ing this is great as you can run to the other end. If you're human and summon that increases chances. If you're summoned and return to your world, you'll get invaded immediately. I have no proof for this besides what I've personally experienced though, but it has been a pattern for now

what on earth am I looking at here.

It's an exploitation of a glitch. If you backstep and parry at the same time with a small weapon on both hands, you can parry an attack. It's like parrying only you have the added 'bonus' of backstepping to avoid damage, and the parrying window stays the same so if you did it right the person will just fall down on his own like if you were there. It's complete bullshit and people abusing it are assholes but eh, that's Souls.

im having a hard time with the smelter dragon, my weapon doesn't do a lot of damage... any tips? what weapon does more damage to it?

You can buff your weapon with some magical/elemental damage besides fire. Also you can summon help worst comes to worst. People who post their signs outside tend to know what they are doing and probably have spells to help out.

HeelPower

Well, as it's a case of poor programming it's really on the developers to fix. But you can simply close the program and restart it every few hours or when you feel it getting sluggish.

Thanks. I hope it fixes itself because my playthrough has been amazing till today.

Zeliard

Bonfire Ascetic doesn't work for Belfry Luna at least. I tried it earlier, as soon as you enter the Belfry Luna 'zone', the ascetic buff vanishes.

Burn the ascetic at the Upper Ramparts bonfire. I did it in my PS3 playthrough (and will probably do it again on PC) to get the
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring +2 from the Gargs

Sande

Any casters out there not using the Lion Mage set? I'm sick of looking like a murder hobo but the boost is just so good
I don't think the puny bonus is worth the hobo look. Especially compared to something like clear bluestone ring +2. The whole set gives like 20% bonus and the ring gives 55% (according to wiki).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom