• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
I think I'm a bit overpowered at this point in the game against bosses. Maybe I put too many points into faith I don't know. I don't think bosses should be this easy. The last boss I had issues with was the
vanguard
but that's mostly cause I kept getting poisoned and there were way too many. Hopefully shaded woods has tougher boss fights.
Your using lightning I take it? It makes lot's of things easier shaded woods is a push over herself.

LiK

Prowling Magus and Congregation
fight was like the devs looked at Pinwheel and thought, "man that dude was just way too hard. Let's give the players an easier time here."

i didn't even know they were bosses during my first playthrough, LOL

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
After a shit week were I barely played 1 hour a day, I'm ready for some unhealthy sessions during the weekend

Your using lightning I take it? It makes lot's of things easier shaded woods is a push over herself.

Yeah I have great lightning spear, sunlight spear, have claymore +10 with lightning and will eventually get sunlight blade and DGS. Everything I have I owe to lightning and the sun. I'll be returning to Sun Bros once I farm a decent amount of titanite chunks with Bell Bros for a full armor set (so around 24 I believe) and just keep these chunks until I find my endgame armor and upgrade that. Assuming it doesn't use douchey twinkling titanite.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, ran into someone infamous:

047D2ADEC6848C102C1C5C744E7A51C43BFA3885

Summoned to help me with
the Dragonrider on the right, not Orstein's clone

Let's just say: Don't fuck with that boss, son. :( Got pushed into the water because I forgot the other switch thinking I had them all. WHOOPS. So his summon was pointless. Felt stupid screwing up with such an infamous summon. D:

Apparently electricity damage is also the way to go for one of the tougher bosses people keep mentioning in the thread, so that means LAWL I basically got another free pass. I'll see once I encounter the beast.

DukeBobby

Prowling Magus and Congregation
fight was like the devs looked at Pinwheel and thought, "man that dude was just way too hard. Let's give the players an easier time here."

I used 3 bonfire ascetics in that area, just so I could get
Benhart of Jugo's sword
. That fight was pathetically easy every time.

Levyne

Banned
Well.. just beat the game!

Nashandra took 3 tries. First I wasn't aware of all of the cursing and was a little off guard, second time she surprised me with the self-explosion. Got her the third time!

eot

Banned
About Great Souls
I lit the fourth primal bonfire, but Dear Freja's soul doesn't have the big orange icon like Lost Sinner's and the other ones. Is the Great Souls someone else's?

Mistel

Banned
Apparently electricity damage is also the way to go for one of the tougher bosses people keep mentioning in the thread, so that means LAWL I basically got another free pass. I'll see once I encounter the beast.
Lightning makes everything better I assume you've got a Heide straight sword already?

DukeBobby

Well.. just beat the game!

Nashandra took 3 tries. First I wasn't aware of all of the cursing and was a little off guard, second time she surprised me with the self-explosion. Got her the third time!

The game is not over until you beat
Ancient Dragon
with your fists.

Lightning makes everything better I assume you've got a Heide straight sword already?

I read you can quickly forget about that weapon once you get Lightning claymore +10 and/or DGS. I have the claymore and that does redunk damage plus huge range. Heide knight sword (assuming you're talking of the one at beginning of game) was decent for a bit, but eh it stopped being all that good later on.

Timu

I think I'm gonna have to take a few days break, lol. But I will try to find that guy to sell my unneeded items to at least.

Does it now? Can you compare it against a lightning claymore? I haven't read much about this sword besides it being a good faith starting weapon. But with limited range and no good attack patterns it quickly lost to even the mace.

Mistel

Banned
I read you can quickly forget about that weapon once you get Lightning claymore +10 and/or DGS. I have the claymore and that does redunk damage plus huge range. Heide knight sword (assuming you're talking of the one at beginning of game) was decent for a bit, but eh it stopped being all that good later on.
If your a lover of greatswords infuse lightning on a mastodon keeps it's B strength scaling and gains B in faith it's got a decent single and two hand moveset to boot.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man does nobody know about lighting the torches for the Lost Sinner? Every bloody host I join doesn't have them lit.

Light the torches fools.

If your a lover of greatswords infuse lightning on a mastodon keeps it's B strength scaling and gains B in faith it's got a decent single and two hand moveset to boot.

Will consider it. But any points necessary to put into strength could be used on faith and DGS can have up to S-scale lightning scaling with little necessary on strength. And I don't have much strength (close to mid 100's and only have like 22 strength)

Man does nobody know about lighting the torches for the Lost Sinner? Every bloody host I join doesn't have them lit.

Light the torches fools.

What's the point when it's a relatively easy boss?

Lightning is the way to go? Should I un-infuse my Zwei from Dark then?

Depends on how well zweihander would scale with lightning/faith when you did that. If you've built your stats around magic damage going into faith now would be pointless unless you did a whole respec. PvP matches lightning damage doesn't really matter since what truly matters is who you're fighting against. I've been murderized by a pure mage because some of those spells you can get are ridiculous.

Mistel

Banned
Zwei is better off normal at max it gets B/C scaling that is unless your faith is giving you a nice lightning damage bonus.

Will consider it. But any points necessary to put into strength could be used on faith and DGS can have up to S-scale lightning scaling with little necessary on strength. And I don't have much strength (close to mid 100's and only have like 22 strength)
It's 8 points it's still going to benefit you plus your no where near the cap of diminishing returns yet.

wsippel

Banned
I think I'm done with this game. Stupid AI and NPCs hanging out near a bunch of enemies for some asinine reason is already bad enough, but after reading where the fucking pardoner is hidden and how insanely expensive his services are, I lost all motivation to carry on.

Grief.exe

I went raw with it because the scaling isn't that great. I still wasn't too impressed, it seems slash damage is somewhat weak in this game.

I think I'm done with this game. Stupid AI and NPCs hanging out near a bunch of enemies for some asinine reason is already bad enough, but after reading where the fucking pardoner is hidden and how insanely expensive his services are, I lost all motivation to carry on.

Game is meant to be replayed and discover all the things you have missed or, in this case, all the NPCs you have accidentally killed.

LiK

Farewell

eot

Banned
I went raw with it because the scaling isn't that great. I still wasn't too impressed, it seems slash damage is somewhat weak in this game.

I mostly like it for the 2-hand R2, the range on that thrust is great and it has a knockback effect.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Any tips for dealing with the magic users and priest dudes in front of the Shrine of Amana fog door? First part of the game that has gotten legitimately raging. Melee build with pyromancy as my go to ranged option.

Hmm. Looking Glass Mirror shield has pretty high magic resistance. That's what I used as a melee, no pyromancy. If you mean just the short path to the
Demon of Song
, then you don't even have to fight them on the way. Just run. But even before that, just slow and steady, watch you don't fall into the water, and since the nerf, their attacks can be sidestepped relatively easily. It's not so bad--there's a spot right before the 2nd bonfire that's tricky cuz if you rush, you aggro those pike mace Drake dudes, like 3 of 'em, who end up rushing you, and then you can get gang banged by the magic bolts as well.

Zwei is better off normal at max it gets B/C scaling that is unless your faith is giving you a nice lightning damage bonus.

It's 8 points it's still going to benefit you plus your no where near the cap of diminishing returns yet.

Saw some more stats. Actually seems like a pretty good weapon. Only issue is that it's twice the weight of claymore so I'd have to take off armor to not fat roll. Still I'll at least acquire it and give it a shot, thanks for the rec.

Mistel

Banned
Blue sentinels will get rid of your guilt for free.

I only use it two handed myself it would be a shame not too for the staggering ability.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When people mention power stance is that pressing Y to hold weapons with both hands or something else?

Zeliard

When people mention power stance is that pressing Y to hold weapons with both hands or something else?

Holding Y/Triangle with two applicable weapons and 150% their stat reqs to go into a specific stance that has special, powerful moves with L1/L2 that use both weapons simultaneously.

It's the only way I play.

zkylon

zkylewd

Light the torches fools.

why do you need to do that?

i beat it 1v1 on my first try so never got to see what would happen since i didn't have a torch on me

Spoo

I beat it! First DS game I ever beat. Maybe the last -- it was so nerve wracking I feel like a changed man now.

Levyne

Banned
Is there no trophy for rare weapons in this one? So I'm free to eat boss souls unless I really want a weapon? I'm trading for the spells.

Any boss weapons worth grabbing? I have the
pursuer greatsword
from early on but have barely used it.

Rhaknar

Is there no trophy for rare weapons in this one? So I'm free to eat boss souls unless I really want a weapon? I'm trading for the spells.

pursuer greatsword

I haven't seen any good boss weapon, at least not for what I want :(

pursuer greatsword

Honestly unless I want a particular weapon out of a boss soul, I consume it.

pursuer greatsword

Curved Dragon Greattswod is nice. Soul is tricky to acquire.

I'm in the same pickle. I have so many boos souls sitting there. Don't really feel like consuming them though since I mad out my character at 150 already.

Mistel

Banned
Where is a good spot to farm for the Mastodon Halberd?
Primal knights in the door of pharros.
Saw some more stats. Actually seems like a pretty good weapon. Only issue is that it's twice the weight of claymore so I'd have to take off armor to not fat roll. Still I'll at least acquire it and give it a shot, thanks for the rec.
2nd and 3rd dragon crest ring is your best friend then along with a royal soldiers ring.

The dragonrider bow has been useful throughout the whole game. It is slow perhaps, but it does enough damage to wreck the odd enemy who is a long way off.

BPoole

Where is a good spot to farm for the Mastodon Halberd?

haha that is exactly what I did.

Will help in the next area too.
I got mine from the Door of Pharros section. Just make sure you join the Rat Covenant or you'll be harassed as a gray spirit and bot being able to get anything done in your own game

knitoe

Just got to Shaded Woods, takes many magic spells to kill a lion warrior. I was like wtf since I have been 2-3 hitting trash mobs. Then, I read to just backstab with begginning dagger. They die in one hit. Is backstab that insanely powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom