• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, so I joined the bell keepers, put on the ring, but was still invaded when I entered, and the regular enemies are still hostile?

Both times i've gone back to talk to the covenant leader, I've been invaded. Shit happens quick. It's really fun if you want to switch up the gameplay for a bit because it happens to fast.

Mistel

Banned
but it drains so much more stamina per hit. only worth it if people pump up the stamina.
If your running around with a mastodon I think you'd have the stamina being a strength build and all.
The question was "What does the AR acronym represent in your posts?" Attack Rating?

I'm guessing here as I don't know, either.
I think so it's the number on the stat thingy.

Mistel

Banned
Yup, i was way over the required stats but just swinging it takes off a ton of stamina. i'd rather use the Bastard for more hits.
I'm used to it really so I don't mind that at all it's my little baby zwei. (although it's heavier and all)

duxstar

Why is Magic so weak ??? I know that my Faith is a little bit higher (50 vs 40), I'm near the undead crypt now and even something like Soul Vortex does so little damage that instead of running my strongest magic attack, i just run Lightning Spear, AND great lightning spear, along with Emit Force/Sunlight Blade, I wanted to be a dual caster and just dont see the magic paying off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
O great and wise Durante, I'm still locked at 60fps in 1440p in fullscreen windowed with the same goodies on, plus I realized I had the ingame SSAO on this whole time and flicked that off... hoooboy does it look good. I'm just so... grateful... :')

Uthred

Just realised something scandalous, unless I missed them those cool looking porcelain mask guys from the first trailer aren't in the game #THEYLIED #MASKGATE etc.

Just finished the game, I know it would sort of go against the grain for the series but maybe the next one could have a decent ending ;)
So Nashandra was some Dark obsessed witch that corrupted the king and he stole the "prize" (Do you find out what that is?) from the giants who fucked up the kingdom which then became/was becoming corrupt/warped because the king is the land etc. ? I liked the throwbacks to the cyclical nature of the whole first flame thing, but to be honest I found it ultimately boring in DS and again here. The game ran really nicely and the largely flawless multiplayer really enhanced the experience.Overall I probably enjoyed it more than Dark Souls but less than Demon Souls, which I think is still the gold standard in Souls games. Though I think in terms of mechanics Dark Souls 2 was excellent, more of everything basically and most of the new spells felt fairly distinct, especially the entirely new line of hexes. Dual wielding is cool and I like the way that durability and the design of some of the encounters/bosses encourage you to change up your weapons and approach.

Just realised something scandalous, unless I missed them those cool looking porcelain mask guys from the first trailer aren't in the game #THEYLIED #MASKGATE etc.

Got changed to the manikin mask instead. Looks terrible, should have stayed with the original.

kqKTT6P.png

Grief.exe

Just finished the game, I know it would sort of go against the grain for the series but maybe the next one could have a decent ending ;)
So Nashandra was some Dark obsessed witch that corrupted the king and he stole the "prize" (Do you find out what that is?) from the giants who fucked up the kingdom which then became/was becoming corrupt/warped because the king is the land etc. ? I liked the throwbacks to the cyclical nature of the whole first flame thing, but to be honest I found it ultimately boring in DS and again here.

I figured they were in Earthen Peak.

Booshka

Mastodon Greatsword is like the Man-Serpent Greatsword of this game, except that the Mastodon GS is bad, where as MSGS was legit in Dark Souls 1.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hm, I think I may have been getting higher damage with the Bastard Sword because of counter hits. The weird thing is, I tested each sword 3 times each on the same enemy and the damage was consistent for every hit.

Booshka

Damn shame. My fav strength weapon of DaS. I've stuck to dex this time. What makes the mastadon so bad?

For its weight (16.0) its damage isn't as high as it should be, and it is a bit stumpy, not a whole lot of reach. It's got a cool moveset, and looks good. But, I prefer either Claymore or Bastard Sword, both are half its weight and deal only a little less damage.

def sim

I beat optional boss
Vendrick!

It was a lot of fun figuring out the best tactic, but a bit anti-climatic. I did
no lock on, walk to the right with two slashes from my MLGS every now and then. I rolled when necessary, though not too often.
All he gave me were souls.

Levyne

Banned
Well, I got summoned once. Only 22 times to go to max the covenant (barring failures)!

Haha. I'll probably just go NG+ to save time but not tonight. A few relaxing beatdowns of the final boss will do.

Levyne

Banned
"Man, I don't want to die and risk losing these souls. Might as well level up!"

This is my line of thinking in these games, haha.

I beat optional boss
Vendrick!

It was a lot of fun figuring out the best tactic, but a bit anti-climatic. I did
no lock on, walk to the right with two slashes from my MLGS every now and then. I rolled when necessary, though not too often.
All he gave me were souls.
His soul and armor set may now be found elsewhere.

elfinke

Oooh boy, those
Drakekeepers
with the humongous mace, they have stamina for days. One missed dodge, roll or block and it's game over when duking it out.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Are you unable to aim your post-roll attack? I'm fairly certain you could in DS1 and not being able to do it here is really screwing me up in PVP.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Just finished the game on my first playthrough on a pure STR build, wow that was an experience. Can't wait to start new game plus.

I'll be doing a new game as a Cleric soon enough, any basic tips for levelling structure, general build ideas?

Taruranto

I knew that hole in the ground was bad news, ended up in
Blight Town.2 =_=

Also finally managed to find a better catalyst, but still can't shake the feeling magic feels underpowered compared to DS1.

Just finished the game on my first playthrough on a pure STR build, wow that was an experience. Can't wait to start new game plus.

I'll be doing a new game as a Cleric soon enough, any basic tips for levelling structure, general build ideas?

The most obvious hint: Put as much as you can into faith. Get electricity damage weapons asap as those scale the best with faith. Besides that just find weapons/armor that suit your playstyle, but make sure to carry a chime and get the different variations of the lightning spears asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom