• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alastor

FINALLY

CYlh24t.jpg

It's here! I think I succeeded in staying mostly spoiler-free about the game. Can't wait to blindly co-op with a friend :)

Cyrano

FINALLY

It's here! I think I succeeded in staying mostly spoiler-free about the game. Can't wait to blindly co-op with a friend :)
Have fun man!

A tip would be to consider striking weapons at least to start out. They are really good in this game!

Cyborg

Just spent the last few hours trying to beat
Ancient Dragon

Fuck that bastard. First time I've felt a boss was complete bullshit in this game. I'd be more pissed if it wasn't "optional".

Could have at least given my some shiny loot or something ;_;

For me the hardest boss in the game........till you know what to do. I say to you: follow his tail when he goes up in the air!

Up till now I have been primarily relying on the Heide Knight Sword and the Fiery Longsword in this game. In my own foolishness tonight, I met up with Galvan and accidentally sold the Heide Sword.

I couldn't buy it back. Now I need to rely on inferior weapons, as my backup.

IS there another place to get a good Heide Replacement?

Wish I could buy one off someone. Friggin sucks. Does anyone have any idea? PLEASE!

Any help would be appreciated.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Up till now I have been primarily relying on the Heide Knight Sword and the Fiery Longsword in this game. In my own foolishness tonight, I met up with Galvan and accidentally sold the Heide Sword.

I couldn't buy it back. Now I need to rely on inferior weapons, as my backup.

IS there another place to get a good Heide Replacement?

Wish I could buy one off someone. Friggin sucks. Does anyone have any idea? PLEASE!

Any help would be appreciated.

Well you can get it back, you just have to go to go back to that area and reset it to ng+. It will be a lot harder however...

Nibel

Sun-Bros: Any good strategy to kill the huge-ass dog with melee? He doesn't seem to be that strong, but man two strikes and I'm out

ah its too late now, i only beat 2 bosses with her.. does burning an ascetic revive the boss?

Yeah, the boss and all enemies in the area revive at NG+ difficulty, or one level above whatever level you're at. Can be useful if you want to get NG+ boss rewards early, like
Flame weapon
or
Moonlight Greatsword.

Also I've heard for Lucatiel you can just ascetic whatever boss you like and summon her every time for it, and it'd still count.

Ancient Dragon was the only boss I skipped. It just wasn't fun to fight and coupled with the horrendous gauntlet of enemies before the boss, uuuuuugh. Forget it!

So uh how do I get in
drangleic castle? One of the giant statues near the etrance moved but only that one.

It is not very intuitive.
Kill an enemy near the Golem and it will absorb that enemies soul and activate. The royal swordsman there respawn infinitely for that.

Booshka

Apparently the "RIP Headphone Users" Lightning Attack during Looking Glass Knight is its own unique audio not tied to voice, music or sound effects in the game options. So, I turned down all of them before the fight, and my ears still exploded, fucking stupid.

Someone tell me how to remove that or tone it down please, otherwise I will just play a completely silent boss fight and unplug my headphones so they don't get blown out by From's shitty audio coding.

Rich!

aw fuck

bonfire acestic didn't put ancient dragon back to how he was, and I burned two. he's impossible to kill now for sure

so uh

how do I proceed? am I truly fucked?

Apparently the "RIP Headphone Users" Lightning Attack during Looking Glass Knight is its own unique audio not tied to voice, music or sound effects in the game options. So, I turned down all of them before the fight, and my ears still exploded, fucking stupid.

Someone tell me how to remove that or tone it down please, otherwise I will just play a completely silent boss fight and unplug my headphones so they don't get blown out by From's shitty audio coding.

dude, just turn your PC master volume down for the ten minutes it takes to fight him. problem solved.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just died against
Velstadt
because I tried to heal in from of him when he was casting a spell... because, you know, thats what you do >_> god I hate when im just plain stupid

fight seems super easy too unless theres some mega second form. argh the run back to him has so many mobs >_<

edit: LOL and I just died on my way there, there goes 30k souls

I heard there is a Heide spear in Bastille. Is this true? Would it make a good substitute for the Heide sword I lost.

Any other suggestions on replacements for that weapon?

Booshka

aw fuck

bonfire acestic didn't put ancient dragon back to how he was, and I burned two. he's impossible to kill now for sure

so uh

how do I proceed? am I truly fucked?

dude, just turn your PC master volume down for the ten minutes it takes to fight him. problem solved.

two minutes, but yea I was just hoping there was a solution so I could hear the rest of the game normally without having to worry about that shit exploding every time he does it.

Rich!

Sun-Bros: Any good strategy to kill the huge-ass dog with melee? He doesn't seem to be that strong, but man two strikes and I'm out

you mean the rat authority?

My tactic was to equip a 100% block shield, high stamina ring and great soul arrows along with magic replenishment items. Use the shield until he jumps back, shoot him a couple of times, and then block with the shield again. repeat until he's dead

easy! but needs concentration

What is done cannot be undone.

Why would you burn two?

I thought "well, that should reverse the dragon back to happy mode - all I need to do is just run up and talk to it. end of game anyway, so fuck it"

but the dragon is still angry. fucksake.

eot

Banned
Stupid flame salamanders. I can kill the first two but the third one just spams fireballs and I don't want to resort to using ranged. The problem is that no matter if I block or dodge the 3-ball combo, doing an attack after that means I don't have enough stamina to avoid the attacks again.

I heard there is a Heide spear in Bastille. Is this true? Would it make a good substitute for the Heide sword I lost.

Any other suggestions on replacements for that weapon?

The Heide spear can be dropped by a Heide Knight
near the cells on the way back from No Man's Wharf
I believe.

I thought "well, that should reverse the dragon back to happy mode - all I need to do is just run up and talk to it. end of game anyway, so fuck it"

but the dragon is still angry. fucksake.

His aggro probably won't reset until next playthrough. However, from a fighting standpoint, he is going to one-shot you anyway, so it's not like the fight got harder in that regard, he just is going to take less damage from your attacks.

Maybe watch some of the guides out there to get him in a predictable pattern and you just have to remain vigilant.

EDIT: Wait a sec, did you aggro him before talking the first time?

If you invade as a blue/red/bellbro phantom and die as a human, do you go back to hollow form?

You stay human.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo whats up with the
old man
after
Valstadt
? is that
Vendrick, the old king they keep talking about during the game
? he doesnt seem... well :/

Do I kill him or what?

Alastor

Sorry for being probably the 1000th guy to ask this question, but what do I need for Durante's lightning changes to take effect? Only Gedosato for DS2?

Also, anyone has a link for PS3 UI Buttons download? DS2 Nexus isn't working for me. nm, found it

yo whats up with the
old man
after
Valstadt
? is that
Vendrick, the old king they keep talking about during the game
? he doesnt seem... well :/

Do I kill him or what?

Yep, it is
Vendrick. Did you get his ring in the room? The item description has good info on it

Go ahead and try to attack. See what happens.

Rhaknar

Yep, it is
Vendrick. Did you get his ring in the room? The item description has good info on it

Go ahead and try to attack. See what happens.

yo quote my updated post please, I fucked up on the spoilers before (I changed like 20 seconds later :(

edit: thank you. also, you cant fool me Ortho, I bet this is the dude that needs special items or whatever that people talk about! Dont make me die bastard I gots to cash in mah souls first! >_<

Rich!

His aggro probably won't reset until next playthrough. However, from a fighting standpoint, he is going to one-shot you anyway, so it's not like the fight got harder in that regard, he just is going to take less damage from your attacks.

Maybe watch some of the guides out there to get him in a predictable pattern and you just have to remain vigilant.

EDIT: Wait a sec, did you aggro him before talking the first time?

yep

20ish hours in. Have lit two primal bonfires. And I still don't have a 100% shield.

Also, how many Soul Vessels can you get in a single playthrough? Kind of funny how respeccing was justified with it being a super rare item, but I have two already and neither one was particularly hidden.

Nibel

Dog...? Do you mean the
Royal Rat Authority
?

Don't use lock on and stay under his rear legs. You mean
giant rat?

My tactic was to equip a 100% block shield, high stamina ring and great soul arrows along with magic replenishment items. Use the shield until he jumps back, shoot him a couple of times, and then block with the shield again. repeat until he's dead

easy! but needs concentration

Haha, yes! Will try your strategies, thanks guys :)

Rhaknar

20ish hours in. Have lit two primal bonfires. And I still don't have a 100% shield.

Also, how many Soul Vessels can you get in a single playthrough? Kind of funny how respeccing was justified with it being a super rare item, but I have two already and neither one was particularly hidden.

5 I think

can you technically farm the
ghosts that spawn from statues in undead crypt
? they dont seem to obey the same "12 resets" law as other mobs, they seem to just keep spawning if you
dont destroy the statues (which I did so I cant test it)

Sickbean

Is there any reason at all to move from duel clubs to duel katanas?

It seems that everything in the game is more vulnerable to strike than slash.

Duel Wielded Great Clubs is going to be godly when I hit the stats - the L2 on duel maces is powerful enough. 2HK the sentinels ffs.

You can actually find a 100% shield very early in the game, but it is tricky to find. In the Forest of Giants
after the Pursuer battle, the one with the ballistas, there should be a ledge to drop down below and get some high quality gear, including a 100% physical defense shield.

Ooops, lol.

Have you tried going to see Cromwell, that might de-aggro him. No idea if it will, but it's worth a try, I certainly wouldn't want to fight AD on NG++ it was frustrating enough on NG!

5 I think

can you technically farm the
ghosts that spawn from statues in undead crypt
? they dont seem to obey the same "12 resets" law as other mobs, they seem to just keep spawning if you
dont destroy the statues (which I did so I cant test it)
They are infinitely spawning yes.

Rhaknar

question about killing a npc:

is there any reason to leave
the guy that doesnt like light and his buddies
alive after you already
got the weapon and armor he gives you after you meet vendrick, and youve bought all you want from him (in my case the human effigies)?

They are infinitely spawning yes.

interesting. not that Ive felt the need to farm souls in this game compared to the first mind you

Cerity

The belfry boss is the only boss that has gotten my hands sweaty and my heart rate up so far, I actually ran out of estus flasks and finished the fight with a sliver of health with that one. The rest of them have been a case of quick risk/reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom