• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

i've been summoned to fight for the mirror knight twice against the same player. both times 1-shotted with resonant soul. going for a third.

eot

Banned
About the scorpion man
I've gotten all four great souls and haven't found the ring that lets me speak to him, did I miss it?

Vitor711

About the scorpion man
I've gotten all four great souls and haven't found the ring that lets me speak to him, did I miss it?

Oh, this guy. Come help me he would. Back me up in that boss fight he said.

WHY WAS HE NEVER THERE. Apparently you don't have to summon him like other NPCs but, I was human, and he just never appeared.

Fight was easy but still. Also had Lucatiel glitch out and refuse to enter a fog door after I challenged a boss. NPCs be weird.

Jintor

Fuck this game and trying to platform in it. I swear to god a single-story high fall onto a ledge and then a short hop into a room across a slight gap is an infinitely more frustrating challenge than any boss you care to name.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Fuck this game and trying to platform in it. I swear to god a single-story high fall onto a ledge and then a short hop into a room across a slight gap is an infinitely more frustrating challenge than any boss you care to name.

The one in the
memory
? I somehow got it first time, only to be squished by the enemy in the room, then proceeded to fail and retry several times trying to jump and almost putting my fist through the screen when I missed the initial drop once.

Hypron

Prowling Magus and Congregation
fight was like the devs looked at Pinwheel and thought, "man that dude was just way too hard. Let's give the players an easier time here."

Nah man. They kicked my ass a couple of times on my SL1 CoC run. Pinwheel can't even manage that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo!
Malformed Shell
looks disgusting!

I must use it! o_O

edit: nooooooooo it needs twinkling. goddamn it, I miss being able to easily farm twinkling in 1 :(

H2Yo

Are the Dark Souls 2 servers down? I'm trying to connect but it says try again later. My friend that is playing at the moment says he can't see any messages or summons either.

Vitor711

Eh, you get used to that real quick. Plus most of the jumps are for optional gear.

There's a ring you can get that vastly increases your survivability regarding fall damage. In fact, I'd say the control changes (left stick click to jump) have meant that I've been exposed to far less accidental deaths than before.

Jintor

Eh, you get used to that real quick. Plus most of the jumps are for optional gear.

There's a ring you can get that vastly increases your survivability regarding fall damage. In fact, I'd say the control changes (left stick click to jump) have meant that I've been exposed to far less accidental deaths than before.

*eventually take message advice and plunge attack to platform*
*land on platform facing wrong direction*
*turn around slowly. Act of turning around changes footing. Fall off platform to doom*

Alternatively:

*turn around slowly. See minor gap between platform and destination. Resolve to roll/jump past it. B doesn't trigger in time, plunge off platform, die*

DARK SOULS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guardian Dragon
killed on my first try, havent done that in awhile >_>

Dragons Aerie
looks fucking amazing

Zomba13

Game finally arrives today. CE statue is a lot bigger than I thought (very nice), clothe map feels a bit cheaper than I thought (not as nice as the FFXIV one and even that felt just like a cloth I'd use on my glasses) and now the servers are apparently down :(

I don't really want to play if I can't get the proper experience (messages, threat of invasion etc). Really sucks. Downloaded the GeDoSaTo thing Durante made though so I guess I'll start a game and make sure it works and runs well with that.

Does the SweetFX post processing make a big difference in trying to get the feel of the world similar to waht was shown in pre-release media?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Game finally arrives today. CE statue is a lot bigger than I thought (very nice), clothe map feels a bit cheaper than I thought (not as nice as the FFXIV one and even that felt just like a cloth I'd use on my glasses) and now the servers are apparently down :(

I don't really want to play if I can't get the proper experience (messages, threat of invasion etc). Really sucks. Downloaded the GeDoSaTo thing Durante made though so I guess I'll start a game and make sure it works and runs well with that.

Does the SweetFX post processing make a big difference in trying to get the feel of the world similar to waht was shown in pre-release media?

Yeah I'd definitely recommend waiting so you can get the online stuff from the very start, even just for the 'overwhelming bleeding but hole ahead' messages.

Echoplx

So how does pvp/co-op work in new game plus? Can't seem to find anything concrete.

Don't want to overlevel or have too much soul memory or whatever.

Whoa, invaded a sinner in The Gutter and it looked like he hadn't lit any of the sconces around the place. I was glowing blue so I'm sure I stood out like a sore thumb, but I managed to not get jumped and killed the host in almost complete darkness.

Rhaknar

Did the game just put a couple of items in a place where you CANT get out of without dying? I dont remember the first game ever doing that :/
A little path that you drop of onto near one of the dragons open spaces

this is bullshit :(

Echoplx

Did the game just put a couple of items in a place where you CANT get out of without dying? I dont remember the first game ever doing that :/

Check out the item you got from the chick when you first went into that area

Or use a homeward bone

Rhaknar

Check out the item you got from the chick when you first went into that area

or homeward bone

I did NOT know that homeward bone didnt clear your souls, for some reason I thought it did. yay. This seems like an amazing farming area, especially for mats

Rhaknar

just got all the STR weapons I could with all the boss souls, just for funsies. Might upgrade some stuff, some look awesome (
one of the shoots lazers amg
!)

edit: oh the
dragons
dont respawn... ffs. I know I know, I should have known with all the talk of upgrade mats being limited now... I just want to upgrade weapons for fun damn it :(

Mistel

Banned
So how does pvp/co-op work in new game plus? Can't seem to find anything concrete.

Don't want to overlevel or have too much soul memory or whatever.
Your soul memory will keep increasing no matter what so levels aren't relevant now to co-op. It's memory based.

Aged feather, homeward and the homeward bone.

Zemm

The hitboxes in this game are horrendous, really noticeable when fighting the turtles when they overhead slam. There's some enemies that will 360 just to grab you as well like that Jabba The Hut boss.

Vitor711

*eventually take message advice and plunge attack to platform*
*land on platform facing wrong direction*
*turn around slowly. Act of turning around changes footing. Fall off platform to doom*

Alternatively:

*turn around slowly. See minor gap between platform and destination. Resolve to roll/jump past it. B doesn't trigger in time, plunge off platform, die*

DARK SOULS

Ha -
Earthen Peak
, right? I know the jump. Never tried it myself.

Should have just tapped B once to back step onto the platform. Problem solved.

I think it's unfair to criticize the game based on one optional hidden area though. That's meant to be hard to reach. I have had my character refuse to run before a jump once but that was due to my not realising that I'd already exhausted my stamina and could no longer sprint until it was fully recharged.

It's not an overly intuitive system but it works and I don't miss most jumps any more. Not as much as I did in DkS 1 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom