• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think the only other miracle I want at all is Emit Force. It seems like Targray only sells Force and not Emit Force, though? Am I missing something?

1fefed48d20d11e38ab30002c9f0e410_8.jpg

Finally my PC collectors edition has turned up.

Rudelord

I think the only other miracle I want at all is Emit Force. It seems like Targray only sells Force and not Emit Force, though? Am I missing something?

There's a free copy in no-man's wharf, Targray does sell Emit Force too iirc if you're in the covenant

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Going into memories right now. The first Giant I went to didn't have (he was closest to the last bonfire in Forest of the Giants), the second one did have a memory I could enter.

Am I on the right path? Or did I miss something with the first giant?

There is no correct order to do them in, so you're fine.

Sullichin

Think, he's talking about the first boss in Shaded Forest.

Bone staff. I do 34 dmg against the mobs witht he giant axe and shield even from behind and using dark magic. =_=

Oooh this makes more sense. Yeah those guys are really resistant to all forms of magic. You want to use a powerful melee weapon against them.

Going into memories right now. The first Giant I went to didn't have (he was closest to the last bonfire in Forest of the Giants), the second one did have a memory I could enter.

Am I on the right path? Or did I miss something with the first giant?

Didn't miss anything. That first giant drops
Seed of a tree of giants which turns enemies against invaders.
. The other ones
have the memories.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeeep I'm definitely thinking of Licia. Still free is better than not-free :D

Bleh on having to get my faith to 20 for it. Seems worth it though

So many ninja turtles in Iron Keep ;_;

and is their big overhead unblockable? Had I fire jet behind me so I couldn't move and ended up eating two of them with my shield up

Rudelord

Yeeep I'm definitely thinking of Licia. Still free is better than not-free :D

Bleh on having to get my faith to 20 for it. Seems worth it though

It does less damage than lightning spear though it requires 2 less points of faith to use, it also has less casts.

The main benefit is for PvP since it has a nice and wide AOE

Temidien

Neo Member
Easiest builds through the game imo:

1. Faith Knight with a (lightning) mace and shield. (Just easy and safe, and good damage).

Would someone expand on this, please?

The first lightning spear spell requires 22FTH. It's found early in the game at
Heide's Tower of Flame
after the
Dragonrider
boss fight.

Getting STR/DEX up for weapon requirements and VIG/END/ADP are safe upgrades for now.

Thanks, glad to hear I'm on the right path. I'll start beefing up FTH now since Heide Knight Sword is my main anyway.

Sullichin

I wish the giant stone axe did more damage. I like the move set (seems unique for a greataxe?) and it looks awesome. But it takes more stamina than the Lion Greataxe and it translates into just being a worse weapon.

I've played DeS, DkS before. I've started 3 characters to see which way I want to go for my first play through of DkS2. Have a pure caster, pure melee (think I went warrior) and then a hybrid caster/melee. Just been running around for the most part exploring. Can't figure which I like more, ._.

Sullichin

I've played DeS, DkS before. I've started 3 characters to see which way I want to go for my first play through of DkS2. Have a pure caster, pure melee (think I went warrior) and then a hybrid caster/melee. Just been running around for the most part exploring. Can't figure which I like more, ._.

I recommend pure melee for your first playthrough. The game is much more challenging and exciting.

imBask

Banned
I wish the giant stone axe did more damage. I like the move set (seems unique for a greataxe?) and it looks awesome. But it takes more stamina than the Lion Greataxe and it translates into just being a worse weapon.

same here, the giant stone axe looks amazing and the moveset is great, but it's not very good overal... I made a +10 wyrm great hammer instead and stunlock pretty much everything

Sullichin

same here, the giant stone axe looks amazing and the moveset is great, but it's not very good overal... I made a +10 wyrm great hammer instead and stunlock pretty much everything

Just farmed for that last night. It's pretty beastly. I am whiffing attacks constantly in PVP with it though.

I've been having the most luck with Lion Greataxe or Mastadon Greatsword in PVP with this guy.

imBask

Banned
Just farmed for that last night. It's pretty beastly. I am whiffing attacks constantly in PVP with it though.

I've been having the most luck with Lion Greataxe or Mastadon Greatsword in PVP with this guy.

yeah but if you hit the guy once, he's pretty much dead :D

elfinke

The ability to respec is great. I ran completely out of patience with my entirely melee build at SL125, at the end of the game (one of the giants in one of the memories one shotted me several times in a row, combined with those unlimited stamina mace wielding fuckers on the way through dragon central). So I've respecced, put away the heavy armours and swords: now rocking the MLGS, and a bunch of Sorc spells. It's like a different game! Two optional bosses are still giving me grief, however, but I think I will see the end of the game tomorrow and worry about them another day.

I never noticed the servers go down, but I guess there was a brief period there where I was trying my way through a certain area I had turned into NG+ and wasn't paying full attention to. I don't recall blood stains or messages ever leaving, though?

Gigarator

This is a long shot, but I really don't want to go knocking D. Shrine up in the NG+'s to get this shield. Has anybody got a Greatshield of Glory they're willing to part with? I'm SL152 / SM 1.9m

Playing this on PC is so good.

I've played 6 hours each with two different characters, a pure spell caster and a Melee/Faith cleric.

Love how smooth it runs. Probably my favourite game ever. I played the PS3 version for about 20 hours, and while I dug it a lot, this version is a revelation. I haven't installed any mods or anythong

Mistel

Banned
This is a long shot, but I really don't want to go knocking D. Shrine up in the NG+'s to get this shield. Has anybody got a Greatshield of Glory they're willing to part with? I'm SL152 / SM 1.9m
Just out of interest why are you after one? The drake keeper one seems better than it.

crun

Banned
What mod/tweak combination gives the best visual experience atm? 780 overclocked user, I'm playing 1080p.

I've been using HBAO+ and SGSSAA X4 forced with Nvidia Inspector (like described here), rendered in 1080p (no downsampling) but after adding GEM-ENB for better colors, everything is veeery blurry and GPU usage increased a lot.

Gigarator

Just out of interest why are you after one? The drake keeper one seems better than it.

Weight difference mainly, but after studying the resistances it may be worth it in the long run to go with the Drakekeeper. I used GoG on PS3 so I have some attachment to it, time to let go!

Grief.exe

What mod/tweak combination gives the best visual experience atm? 780 overclocked user, I'm playing 1080p.

I've been using HBAO+ and SGSSAA X4 forced with Nvidia Inspector (like described here), rendered in 1080p (no downsampling) but after adding GEM-ENB for better colors, everything is veeery blurry and GPU usage increased a lot.

They use very expensive Depth of Field.

I've been using Durante's Gedosato mod for AA (in-game AA sucks), AO, and DOF. Though I toggle off the latter due to the performance requirements, I toggle it on when I'm taking screenshots.

I use Nvidia Inspector for AF and drivers for downsampling. Though if you have the performance heardroom to run SGSSAA, I would recommend sticking with that.

HBAO+ wasn't working for me through Inspector.

My only complaint is I'd like to get rid of the mouse cursor. Is there a mod for that?

Follow up question: I'm as computer illiterate as they come. If such a mod does exist, how do I download it and run it?

I really suck at downloading mods, so I usually don't bother, but I hate that mouse cursor

Vitor711

And I'm done with this f*cking game.

The last section is everything that's wrong with the souls series.

Oh, you have to go to do some bullshit padding level design by hunting down these random giant statues with no direct guidance from the game that this is what you need to do? Also, the Giant remains in the third bonfire in the first castle section apparently don't count?

And what's that? You used the soul of a giant that's the easiest to get because WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ASSUME THAT YOU'RE JUST MEANT TO HAVE IT IN YOUR INVENTORY AND NOT CONSUME IT.

Seriously, I have to equip the King's ring to open doors, but using the giant souls might as well throw them away? Fuck you. Fuck this game. I'm done

These enemies are diametrically opposed to how I play this game. One hit kills and my full melee/tank build can't block shit? The BS is extreme.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My gpu is too weak to downsample but I rock the dof/AO combo. And someone already did a nice mod of the Drangleic set that made it black with a red cape and changed the skirt to a chain mail. As for ENB stuff, I've found some good settings for darkness/contrast just messing with my monitor and in-game brightness since again, my gpu would take a hit using it.

Grief.exe

My gpu is too weak to downsample but I rock the dof/AO combo. And someone already did a nice mod of the Drangleic set that made it black with a red cape and changed the skirt to a chain mail. As for ENB stuff, I've found some good settings for darkness/contrast just messing with my monitor and in-game brightness since again, my gpu would take a hit using it.

Keep in mind you don't have to downsample from accepted resolutions. I downsample from 1296p, which allows me to get the effect on a slightly older system.

I could actually probably turn up my downsampling a bit now that I have found the correct SLI bit for the best performance (0x02400405)

Sullichin

My only complaint is I'd like to get rid of the mouse cursor. Is there a mod for that?

Follow up question: I'm as computer illiterate as they come. If such a mod does exist, how do I download it and run it?

I really suck at downloading mods, so I usually don't bother, but I hate that mouse cursor

There is one (it's a utility that's not specifically designed for the game) but apparently it doesn't work very well.
Keep in mind you don't have to downsample from accepted resolutions. I downsample from 1296p, which allows me to get the effect on a slightly older system.

Can you alt+tab / alt+f4 / use steam overlay with GeDoSaTo yet?

How do I use the
water correctly in Iron Keep? I used the Pharos Lock and stood in the water.
I went down to the heated rocks and it still took chunks off my life. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Grief.exe

Can you alt+tab / alt+f4 / use steam overlay with GeDoSaTo yet?

Steam Overlay: Yes.
Alt-Tab: No, but only when downsampling using the application.

I downsample through drivers so I don't have any issues.

How do I use the
I went down to the heated rocks and it still took chunks off my life. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

I equipped the fire protection ring and some armor that granted me better fire defense, not sure if that actually helps.

Roll around in the pools a bit to make sure you are thoroughly soaked.

Sullichin

How do I use the

Roll in it for a few seconds. You'll still lose health but you should be able to survive. Pop a lifegem / elizabeth mushroom and stack flash sweat as well.

Steam Overlay: Yes.
Alt-Tab: No, but only when downsampling using the application.

I downsample through drivers so I don't have any issues.

Damn. That's the only thing keeping me from using it. Gotta be able to alt tab. Oh well, I only want it for the downsampling. I can wait :)

How do I use the

In my experience the water from the Pharros copntraption never works. I always hit one of the water urns to get wet. Make sure you're actually wet by checking for footprints.

didamangi

I've reached D
ragon
Ae
rie
and was wondering if there's a point of no return in the game? Does the game tell me when it happens since I got the feeling I'm getting near the end.

FtHTiny

In my experience the water from the Pharros copntraption never works. I always hit one of the water urns to get wet. Make sure you're actually wet by checking for footprints.

The water from it works incredibly well. If you can also cast flesh sweat and equip the ring. If you do it correctly you take almost no damage when you walk on the stones.

Is nothing resistant to strike damage or is the starting mace just incredible? This thing is doing some really good damage and I've yet to upgrade it at all.

zma1013

How do I use the

Roll in it a couple times. You may also want to be wearing some heavy fire resistant armor and apply flash sweat and the fire resist ring.

UrbanRats

Yay, i killed
the Sentinels
on the first try!
I was pretty scared by this fight, but it was actually relatively easy, especially compared to
the Pursuer
Gotta say, the only easier boss i fought so far was
Ornstein
(despite getting killed by him once for a stupid mistake).

Question: How do i get that object on the terrace, in
the Sentinels
fight room? Tried to jump, but i can't make it.

Sullichin

Is nothing resistant to strike damage or is the starting mace just incredible? This thing is doing some really good damage and I've yet to upgrade it at all.

Strike damage is great. Unupgraded weapons are also generally much better than they are in DS.

Yay, i killed
the Sentinels
on the first try!
I was pretty scared by this fight, but it was actually relatively easy, especially compared to
the Pursuer
Gotta say, the only easiest boss i fought so far was
Ornstein
(despite getting killed by him once for a stupid mistake).

Question: How do i get that object on the terrace, in
the Sentinels
fight room? Tried to jump, but i can't make it.

Leave the boss room and there's a way back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom