• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roche

So I'm pretty sure most DaSII players hate me, but I really love the
Rat Covenant
I love just chilling in the
Pharros Door Area
watching everyone try to get through my bros.

I've learned to just watch and only PvP when they reach the end, as though I'm actually the boss of the area. It's very satisfying haha.

I was mentally prepared for the d
ual
P
ursuers
fight. I did some heavy rejiggering on my build; Did away with some spells I never used, got ADP up to 40, tons of health and endurance, higher base attack power, changed my rings around. I thought I was ready.

Ran in, got some hits in as they spawned and then was dead seconds later from their slightly staggered attack patterns -_-

Now it's several tries later and I just can't get hits in on them. They're just simply never in sync to give me any openings.

Forkball

Where are the smooth and silky birds? I mean, I know where their nest is, but where are THEY?

[edit] Also every time I want to play the servers are always down

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I was mentally prepared for the d
ual
P
ursuers
fight. I did some heavy rejiggering on my build; Did away with some spells I never used, got ADP up to 40, tons of health and endurance, higher base attack power, changed my rings around. I thought I was ready.

Ran in, got some hits in as they spawned and then was dead seconds later from their slightly staggered attack patterns -_-

Now it's several tries later and I just can't get hits in on them. They're just simply never in sync to give me any openings.

Having a rough time with this one, too. It doesn't help that it's a pain to run to every time.

Having a rough time with this one, too. It doesn't help that it's a pain to run to every time.

Eventually I'll clean those enemies out, I guess... Silver lining?

Also, I'm in Australia and am online right now. Could that mean that there are actually Australian servers for this game?

Edit: Yep, just got summoned as a shade.

creyas

Also, I'm in Australia and am online right now. Could that mean that there are actually Australian servers for this game?

Nope, unless i've had some amazing timing with my quits twice now, it's just the login that seems to be going down

Jintor

Well, beat game one. Might take a long break before trying NG+.

Something about the whole game felt... I dunno, less epic all up. Whatever, connectivity is so much better though.

Shito

Edit: Yep, just got summoned as a shade.
Don't jump the gun: seems like it's the login servers which are down. ^^

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where are the smooth and silky birds? I mean, I know where their nest is, but where are THEY?

[edit] Also every time I want to play the servers are always down

I assume they are just very very tiny

legacyzero

Banned
Got invaded while afk, came back to the dude waiting for me politely.
tumblr-m3kzthedut1rr6v0ao1-400.gif

A true gentleman.

Stet

Banned
Ruin Sentinels fight was stupid and boring. I feel like with this game they really decided that people love having huge swords and armour, so agility builds are just kind of long and drawn out on bosses.

Also, I summoned Lucatiel for the Flexile Sentry and she never made it through the door to the fight. Good thing it was another Dragonrider.

UrbanRats

Did the
Skeleton Lords
, did the
Lost Sinner
... still afraid of doing
the Chariot motherfucker
I tried it once, and i died before i could even understand what was going on!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i'm tempted to play belfry luna like this so i don't get permainvaded by bellbros

is that where the gargoyles are? where is that? I thought it ws the place in
iron keep
but someone said theres another belfry

elfinke

PvP at the bridge prior to Iron Keep is hot stuff. Zero downtime between fights, get summoned without pause. Good mix of builds and matchup, too. Shame that the Token's of Spite are a rather unrewarding item, wish I could trade them in for cracked red eyes so I can invade more chumps during their ascent to the Ancient Dragon (lol).

While the blue and red covenants are kinda supposed to do this, I wish Dark Souls 2 had just gone all in with a more straightforward covenant vs covenant PvP setup, with lore and items to suit.

Elixist

is that where the gargoyles are? where is that? I thought it ws the place in
iron keep
but someone said theres another belfry

i believe its servants
quarters Last Bastill
e, head down the ladder right by the bonfire, u might need a lockstone.

EasyMode

Speaking of Belfry Luna, I just went into that boss fight solo not knowing what to expect. Jesus, From. That was intense.

Praise the sun for my greatshield. I just barely scraped through.

I've been trying to connect to the servers and noticed the title screen music loops to the very beginning, omninous oooohing and all. Seems like a amateurish misstep if you ask me.

Garcia

Worst place for invasions during NG+ so far: N
o
M
an's
W
harf.

It's just horrible. Spider Monkeys have killed me too many times already, lol.

Elixist

Speaking of Belfry Luna, I just went into that boss fight solo not knowing what to expect. Jesus, From. That was intense.

Praise the sun for my greatshield. I just barely scraped through.

nice, i called in a dude for help with pvp cause alls i had was slow tanky shit. he was tanky too and we one and doned it, still a challenge.

edit: a cool throwback with freshness as well.

Mistel

Banned
Did the
Skeleton Lords
, did the
Lost Sinner
the Chariot motherfucker

You can do it with a bow so they only thing you have to do is land the killing blow on the horses after the necromancers have been dealt with.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Did the
Skeleton Lords
, did the
Lost Sinner
the Chariot motherfucker

It's not so bad. Just get to a safe place and compose yourself.
there are alcoves all along the hallway. stand in them and let the chariot smash the skeletons for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom