• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

if I buy the retail version of this game is it gonna include a steam key? In order to add it on steam etc.
it seems obvious since it's no more (thank god) on GFWL but I just want to make sure.

sprinkles

I just beat the game, feels so good! Killed
Vendrick
in two tries after banging my head against him for two hours yesterday. The
last two bosses in a row
were kind of a dick move, from software! I still have the
Ancient Dragon
left but he will live another day. I must savour that high I feel for today

Zafir

if I buy the retail version of this game is it gonna include a steam key? In order to add it on steam etc.
it seems obvious since it's no more (thank god) on GFWL but I just want to make sure.

You do get a steam key in retail copies, yep.

legacyzero

Banned
Why am I unable to get though treasure chests at
Iron Keep?
Those pools that you fill are not working for me.
Am I missing the trick?

AngryMoth

I was mentally prepared for the d
ual
P
ursuers
fight. I did some heavy rejiggering on my build; Did away with some spells I never used, got ADP up to 40, tons of health and endurance, higher base attack power, changed my rings around. I thought I was ready.

Ran in, got some hits in as they spawned and then was dead seconds later from their slightly staggered attack patterns -_-

Now it's several tries later and I just can't get hits in on them. They're just simply never in sync to give me any openings.
This will make you feel better
not ;)
. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo_sbhI5oY

UrbanRats

well started a mage waifu run while servers are down to try new stuff

created her really quickly so she's looking kinda generic but eh

She looks similar to the character I created for my brother. :p

Actually posting pics:
i126Y1wB3mcIy.png

For my own character though, i've gone for a different... flavor (i wanted to do someone who looked like a villain you could've seen in an Highlander movies):
iofQePBuGCZVs.png

Mistel

Banned
Iron Keep?
Am I missing the trick?
There's several different methods for getting it are you using flash sweat, smelter demon armor and dropping from above.

UrbanRats

It's not so bad. Just get to a safe place and compose yourself.
there are alcoves all along the hallway. stand in them and let the chariot smash the skeletons for you
I tried something of the sort, though i didn't know about
the necromancers, and i got ganged up in an alcove by the skeletons,
which ate away my Stamina pretty damn quickly.

Those, plus
the wheel skeletons in the prior boss fights
, and i'm already having flashbacks of the Catacombs in DkS1, prior to Pinwheel.

You can do it with a bow so they only thing you have to do is land the killing blow on the horses after the necromancers have been dealt with.
You mean
cheesing at the boss with the bow, or killing the necros with the bow?

Taruranto

I have to say, small white soapstone is probably my favorite improvement over DS1. It makes co-op much more fluid to me, since I like to take my time exploring levels and whatnot. I often feel I need to rush to the boss with normal phantoms, but with shades I can take my time.

Overall, even with SM (which doesn't matter in NG+ from what I read), the whole multi player aspect seems much better than DS1.

Uthred

So, out of curiosity, I'm not the only one who really loved The Gutter, right? Heck, I wish it was a little longer.

I enjoyed it as well, basically the good parts of Blighttown without the bullshit insects and swamp, nice change from the other areas as well.

Focusing mainly on spell makes the game incredibly easy and boring.

It depends a bit on what spells you use I think, pure sorcery is balanced relatively well, certainly not incredibly easy. Faith and Hex spells on the other hand do seem as powerful as sorceries were in the other game (its sort of funny how much better Lightning Spear for example is compared to the sorceries you'd have with similar stat investments).

Rumble19

Looking for a little direction: I just killed the boss in the
Forest of Giants
and got a
Soldier Key
which opens a door above the bonfire there. Problem is I don't know where to head next, because the door I opened leads to a dead end. Also, the merchant has moved somewhere. A little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Nabs

Forest of Giants
and got a
Soldier Key
which opens a door above the bonfire there. Problem is I don't know where to head next, and now the merchant has moved somewhere. A little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

go find more doors

Jintor

I have to say, small white soapstone is probably my favorite improvement over DS1. It makes co-op much more fluid to me, since I like to take my time exploring levels and whatnot. I often feel I need to rush to the boss with normal phantoms, but with shades I can take my time.

Overall, even with SM (which doesn't matter in NG+ from what I read), the whole multi player aspect seems much better than DS1.

Connectivity mechanics are so fucking good.

The absolute best part though is the chances of a connection drop are so slim these days. Used to be a 80% chance of summoning not working in DS1. No longer!

Forest of Giants
and got a
Soldier Key
which opens a door above the bonfire there. Problem is I don't know where to head next, because the door I opened leads to a dead end. Also, the merchant has moved somewhere. A little nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

The Soldier key opens a few more doors in the Forest. Go back along the path that took you to the elevator to the giant.

p3n

Iron Keep?
Am I missing the trick?

Stack tons of fire resistance on gear + flame quartz ring + orange burr. Roll through the water or the barrels/pots with water in them. Pop a mushroom and as soon as you step on the lava rocks use 1-2 gems. Heal up before opening the chests and you might survive if you have enough HP.

Also: login servers make me cry

Facism

is there a point where casting speed caps out? I'm at 350 but i'd love to swap out some of my equip for better armour.

krakov

Forest of Giants
and got a
Soldier Key

There is another locked door around (same key) and also another path you can take from Majula.

Forest of Giants
and got a
Soldier Key

Merchant:
Moved to Majula. If you were at the Majula bonfire looking at the ocean, she would be to your right against the wall. Once you exhaust their dialogue in whatever area you find them, many of the first NPC's will move to Majula the next time you use a bonfire.

Next steps:
You can either go back to Majula and do Tower of Heid. Again looking at the ocean from the Majula bonfire do a 180. You should see what looks like a stone entranceway inside one of the mountains. Go through that tunnel. Or option B, you can fight the next boss. To go to him, go to Cardinal Tower bonfire. Down the ladder, turn right. Go straight through until the end (this would be overlooking the water, where you get the Halberd if you did that part). Turn right, straight to the end again, there is a door. It opens with the Soldier key. Go in and up the stairs.

General Directions:
Talk to the depressed warrior at the monument in Majula. Listen to each thing he says. He doesn't tell you where to go, but he describes most of the starter zones in an order and gives vague directions to them. Just do them in the order he talks about them.

Jintor

Anyone know what key I need for the door just before the Last Giant's room? I passed by recently while I was wrapping up some
memories
and I still couldn't open it.

So... Iron Keep as a melee/str build.
How do you deal with the knight captain archers? I try running and rolling but especially near the middle where you have to go down the stairs and pull levers, they always seem to hit me. My ranged ability is not very good, I can hit for around 50 damage with my bow + wooden arrows. Is there an alternative? Traps? Tricks? Just learn to run and dodge/roll better?

Facism

Anyone know what key I need for the door just before the Last Giant's room? I passed by recently while I was wrapping up some
memories

Iron key, under the flaming bull head as you enter Iron Keep

Nabs

memories

It's in the first room of the Iron Keep, protected by fire and two enemies.

Uthred

memories

Key: IIRC it is
the Iron Key.

Contents:
Also IIRC, it doesn't lead anywhere super special, it is the "proper" entrance to the pit where the salamanders are. I don't know why it is so late game. Some minor treasure and a decent shield.

Shito

How do you deal with the knight captain archers? I try running and rolling but especially near the middle where you have to go down the stairs and pull levers, they always seem to hit me. My ranged ability is not very good, I can hit for around 50 damage with my bow + wooden arrows. Is there an alternative? Traps? Tricks? Just learn to run and dodge/roll better?
Run and kill the one at the back of the area (ie at the opposite of the entrance).
It should only leave the one near the entrance, and you should
have the time to pull the lever between two arrows

Zafir

Personally. I just timed my movement. Get behind something which blocks their line of sight to you, wait until the arrow hits that object, and make a run for it to somewhere else which blocks it.

Also as the above poster said, you can kill the one across from the entrance by dropping down the hole and climbing up the ladder.

This will make you feel better
not ;)
. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo_sbhI5oY

That video was all I could think of every time I died or whiffed a dodge. Wound up cheesing the fight after about my tenth try but at least it's over now.

Sinners are really starting to come out of the woodwork! Almost every time I used a Cracked Blue Orb I got an invasion going, and goddamn there are some dirty sinners out there. I have never seen so many spawn kill attempts and magic spammers in one session as I did tonight. 95 down, 55 to go till WoG :)

Moff

does anyone else have the problem that the pc ventilation goes crazy? it startet in dragon aerie, but no its in all regions.

Mistel

Banned
Key: IIRC it is
the Iron Key.

Contents:
Also IIRC, it doesn't lead anywhere super special, it is the "proper" entrance to the pit where the salamanders are. I don't know why it is so late game. Some minor treasure and a decent shield.
Technically you don't even need the key you can just jump in from several different points.

JustinBB7

I just realized that if you don't
use the levers
in the
firetower
the boss fight there will be like 10 times harder, I remember people bitching about
falling off
at that point. (from console players) And now after finishing the game I never noticed where that was. How did they miss those
levers..

Forkball

Question: when doing online stuff like coop and invasions, are you locked to your NG level? Like can a NG+ person come into a NG world and vice versa?

Jintor

I just realized that if you don't
use the levers
in the
firetower
the boss fight there will be like 10 times harder, I remember people bitching about
falling off
at that point. (from console players) And now after finishing the game I never noticed where that was. How did they miss those
levers..

?

oh right, for dragonrider mk 1

zkylon

zkylewd
Actually posting pics:
i126Y1wB3mcIy.png

For my own character though, i've gone for a different... flavor (i wanted to do someone who looked like a villain you could've seen in an Highlander movies):
iofQePBuGCZVs.png
those are cool looking characters, i like em

ended up making a red eye evil woman too to kill everyone at majula and see what they dropped

eot

Banned
So, out of curiosity, I'm not the only one who really loved The Gutter, right? Heck, I wish it was a little longer.

I liked it too, the game looks great when it's only being lit by your torch. The four legged things that look like karkians from Deus Ex are annoying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom