• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
150 is the unofficial place most people stop, IIRC.

Is there a reason why? What happens to the souls after that, just spending them on weapon builds, buying leftover pyromancies/hexes/miracles?
OK so what do I do now? stuck at the twin Dragonrider boss fight.

That's in the
Drangleic Castle
right? I'll toss down my summon sign when the servers are up if you need help.

Sid

Is there a reason why? What happens to the souls after that, just spending them on weapon builds, buying leftover pyromancies/hexes/miracles?

That's in the
Drangleic Castle
right? I'll toss down my summon sign when the servers are up if you need help.
Yeah,thx for the help but going solo for the first playthrough :(

Sid

Focus on one at a time and keep them both on screen as much as possible. Fire seems to work extremely well against them, my +10 fire Zweihander was doing 350-400 a slice against each one.
I do 300+ damage to that bow guy when he's on the ground but when I attack one the other comes up and with that one shield hit they drain the entire stamina,I'll try upgrading my weapons some more.

I just threw a few lighting spears at the one up top and he died surprisingly quickly. Then just turned my attention to the one on the ground.
I don't have them,I'll try to get them.

Vitor711

150 is the unofficial place most people stop, IIRC.

Why? Just so there's a higher chance you can still find summon signs? I barrelled past that and am at 170-ish now. Finally started just buying all the last sets of armours/weapons and want to show off but servers offline :(

Come check out my Mirror Knight cosplay guys, it's awesome.

Hayabusi

Yeah just keep it short of that 70% and you're good. Looking through all the great swords I don't think there's any that scale better than C(B at +10) with full +10 that has the same weight as the bastard sword. Still, the stat scaling difference between B and A is pretty big so put more points into vigor and get dat mastodon sword if you want the same moveset.

Thx. So will have a look at weapons with better scaling from now on. (Thank god for wikis..:) ).

I do 300+ damage to that bow guy when he's on the ground but when I attack one the other comes up and with that one shield hit they drain the entire stamina,I'll try upgrading my weapons some more.

I don't have them,I'll try to get them.

I had a really easy time dealing with the lance guy first and just focusing on dodging the archer. Hope you get it down soon.

creyas

So is
Pate
or
Creighton
the bad guy? I just murdered
Pate
and I'm still unsure!

Creighton. If you talk to the map guy in the mansion he knows him as a murderer from his homeland

Both

Really?
Has a few lines of dialogue which sorta make it seem that way/are there to give the player a bit of suspicion about him and him not warning about the trap in the place he gives to key to is a bit off, but generally he seems good

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So is
Pate
or
Creighton
the bad guy? I just murdered
Pate
and I'm still unsure!

IIRC,
According to Cale the cartographer, Creighton is likely the serial killer, but Pate is an unscrupulous lowlife who also goes around doing bad things as well.

The_Monk

Managed to find another bonfire today, however I now know 3 Different bosses and they all seem quite a bit harsh for me:

-
That huge spider with little spiders after coming down from some spider webs

-
Thay huge Royal rat with small rats that give me Toxic status

-
Executioner's Chariot
But this one haven't tried much.

georly

Ugh. Was playing last night, steam online goes down, so I decide to call it quits for the night. Get on for the first time today, servers down :( :( :( :( Guess i'll play in offline mode, but that's a huge bummer.

DS2 is so much better than DS1 it's not even funny.

Could be because I've put 600 hours into DS1, but I just can't get into it anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt every character in the dark souls universe a villain anyway?

exaust their dialogues and sooner or later they will go KEH HEH HEH :p

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
IIRC,
According to Cale the cartographer, Creighton is likely the serial killer, but Pate is an unscrupulous lowlife who also goes around doing bad things as well.

Bingo. Also the reason why whoever you save gives you his armor is that
they are trying to avoid suspicion by making you wear his armor and become a scapegoat

Gbraga

Bingo. Also the reason why whoever you save gives you his armor is that
they are trying to avoid suspicion by making you wear his armor and become a scapegoat

Huh, so when
Pate gave me his armor back in Earthen Peak he was basically trying to make Creighton kill me instead of him, since he may have heard Creighton was free and coming for him?

akira28

isnt every character in the dark souls universe a villain anyway?

exaust their dialogues and sooner or later they will go KEH HEH HEH :p

Pretty sure Sweet Shaquilor only likes your smell because you smell like live flesh, or prey, or something.

(Pretty funny to get hit on by a talking cat hahah)

2AdEPT

Maybe I'm missing what you want, but GeDoSaToTool always minimizes to the tray.

Thanks a tonne Durante! I can now record in 1080P by downsampling from 1440. I could only do 16?0x1050 without the tool! Wouldnt even give me the option for1080 in the in game menu which was baffling because even with HDMI cables as a requirement with my avermedia PCI card, there was not even the option in game for 1080. Def sending a donation for that one.

Noob PC'er here....I realize you are busy, but you or anyone know how I can rid of the shimmering that goes on when I pan the camera on buildings and rocks etc? I got rid of it in DS1 with high vsync in the nvidia menu and reducing the DOF effect...but these fixes dont seem to work as well with DS2!??

Gazoinks

Question about the
Lucatiel
Trophy..

I met her in Bastille before No Man's Wharf. This is okay, right?

Yeah,
the order doesn't matter as long as you talk to her everywhere (her Black Gulch location is sneaky, look out for that) and use her to beat three bosses.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Huh, so when
Pate gave me his armor back in Earthen Peak he was basically trying to make Creighton kill me instead of him, since he may have heard Creighton was free and coming for him?

Pretty much

Question about the
Lucatiel
Trophy..

I met her in Bastille before No Man's Wharf. This is okay, right?

The order you met her doesn't matter, just be sure to
summon her in 3 boss fights and make sure she survives to continue her questline

I love his laugh, the ones in Dark Souls 2 aren't quite up to snuff.

The only one that came close to the crazy laughters of DS1 is Melentia, but because she is basically voiced by the same who did the Hollowed Female merchant in the sewers, right?

Oh, and the Firekeepers, who are just as batshit insane as the others.

You know what brings back the madness feeling? Those freaking curse jars at the Shaded Ruins. They laugh with great malevolence. I thought those were a gift from Jester Thomas but, from the looks, you can only summon him, he doesn't appear as a black phantom. Jester Thomas, Marvelous Chester (his laughter, da best) and those fat officials from Demon Souls. From seems to love opera, masks and such. Someone in the stuff must've been to Venice as well. They probably saw that and quickly put Heide together...

bj00rn_

Banned
Managed to find another bonfire today, however I now know 3 Different bosses and they all seem quite a bit harsh for me:

-
Thay huge Royal rat with small rats that give me Toxic status

-
I struggled with that until I realized that the boss had a different apperance than the other rats (stupid me..). Once I spotted that, I killed him pretty quick.. Anyway, lifegems was effective for me in this fight (healing while moving)

If they laugh, they die. That's the rule I live by. (The cat is awesome, though.)

Also reminds me of an annoying issue with NPCs - the way dialogue is doled out. It's so stilted and cumbersome, always forcing me to talk to them longer than necessary to ensure they've got nothing else to say.

Then there's the matter of finding them again... sigh

The_Monk

-
I struggled with that until I realized that the boss had a different apperance than the other rats (stupid me..). Once I spotted that, I killed him pretty quick.. Anyway, lifegems was effective for me in this fight (healing while moving)

Hmm I need more of those items. It's giving me a bad nostalgia from a certain DS1 Boss...

Grief.exe

I'm not sure how to calculate AR yet, what do you guys think would be better? Going into NG+ I want to try a Faith/Str build.

30 str/18 dex/~40 Faith to start but want to pump faith up to ~50 for Lighting Spear (Spice'd)

Pursuer UGS, love the moveset and aesthetics on this one. Strikes faster than you would expect and has massive damage.

Regular +5
  • 390 damage
  • A STR/C DEX

Lighting +5
  • 273 damage/273 Lighting
  • B STR/ D Dex/B Lighting (I believe this directly scales with your faith stat)

Just looking at the raw numbers, the Regular upgrade path is going to have a tough time catching up to the Lighting. As the latter scales decently with both Str/Faith and has a raw damage lead, while the former only scales well with Str.

Also going to check out Defender's Greatsword as that has S scaling with faith in the lighting upgrade path.

Mistel

Banned
Also going to check out Defender's Greatsword as that has S scaling with faith in the lighting upgrade path.
You should it's a very nice greatsword. But as for the pursuer as long as you dont mind the overheads for the one handed moveset it's alright. I prefer a zwei or a drake keeper to it however.

How does one kill The Du
ke's Dear Freja
?

Five times now I have been killed because it just spams the laser beam thing. I don't have enough time to heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom