• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrophis

Finished at last! SL 128 with around 1.8m SM. First Souls game I've managed to finish. No more worrying about spoilers in here. Can concentrate on PVP fun now :D

Question. So I've been using a Hex build for my PC play through, and use mostly miracle based Hexes. So should I just get the minimum stat for INT and put the rest into FTH? Or is it better to split it 30/30?

Mistel

Banned
Man... I hate it when a beautiful character goes hollow.

ivd0Vmezqm99c.bmp
ibnA3V8g04vObV.bmp
Yours looks like one of my ones but you can fix that with the ring of the dead which you get latter on.

Leezard

Question. So I've been using a Hex build for my PC play through, and use mostly miracle based Hexes. So should I just get the minimum stat for INT and put the rest into FTH? Or is it better to split it 30/30?

30/30 is better unless you want to reach some specific stat requirements.

30/30 is better unless you want to reach some specific stat requirements.

I got to 30/30 and couldn't figure out what to put stats into. I figure I will pump FTH now for sunlight spear or maybe respec to STR/FTH but I do want to finish the game as a pure caster, just having a hard time putting points into things.

Haunted

So what's with the new inaccessible areas on my bonfire warp menu? when and why did they appear?
The game surfaces the amount of bonfires in every area to you once you reach a certain point in the story.

They were always there, some you might have missed, others you will get to eventually.

The safe time to attack D
arklurker as melee is when one of them is doing the laser thing and is floating back down, he rests for about 2 seconds, about 99% of the other times you'll be busy juking both their attacks

Grief.exe

I don't meet the requirements for the Chime of Want (15 Int/40 Faith), will that effect the damage on my miracles? From the stat tree it looks like it mainly effects the strike damage (IE if you use it as an actual weapon).

I don't meet the requirements for the Chime of Want (15 Int/40 Faith), will that effect the damage on my miracles? From the stat tree it looks like it mainly effects the strike damage (IE if you use it as an actual weapon).

Good question. What does it show as your lightning and dark bonus? Maybe that stat tanks as a result.

It's kinda still is I think.

Then what's the ugliest, darkest and evilest mask to accompany the Zweihander? I've found those truly awful Manikin Masks and the Jester's Cap. I guess there is also Lucatiel hat but, yep, that's it right? Shame there isn't a Father/Mother/Child mask because those were awesome.

So I'm at the
dragon shrine and met the ancient dragon. He gave me something but I don't know what to do with it.

Please don't tell me I have to fight him.

AHA-Lambda

oh yeah, made it to
Drangleic Castle
:D

I admit I've been having a fairly easyish time mostly, the last boss I faced gave me some bother though,
the giant spider
, and the run up to my current area was abit rougher than I expected.

Things are heating up :p

Zom

Banned
yea, I'm around 2.5 million soul memory too, soul level is 130ish

Same like me, maybe whas the hour, some time I got nothing, but other times I'm being summoned like crazy, try staying in one place, is boring but works for me, even when I know that has nothing to do.

Finally beat the rats, was a matter of using poison resistant gear.
Then I forgot to use the souls and lost them. Can't believe I did that. First from a fall and then those kamikaze dudes at the bottom caught me completely off guard before I got them back. Dodged the first but the second caught me from behind when I was still coming out of the roll. Fuck me.

biosquid2

Neo Member
Yours looks like one of my ones but you can fix that with the ring of the dead which you get latter on.
Yep. It's a damn shame when I start a new character and have to wait that long though. Well, at least I hardly ever die. This time I was being goofy in one of the darker areas and rolled off a cliff.

Yep. It's a damn shame when I start a new character and have to wait that long though. Well, at least I hardly ever die. This time I was being goofy in one of the darker areas and rolled off a cliff.

You can easily get your humanity with a small white soapstone summon. Just plant one down, kill a few enemies for the host and you come back with full humanity.

I love the Sinner's Rise boss fight in NG+. Though still a bit easy.

It was apparently hell before the nerf. I never got to experience that one but the console OT was filled with horror stories.

Now that you beat it, there is a great Soul trade with Straid.

Levyne

Banned
The Red Ring (the aggro one)
made the fight a lot easier (I had Lucatiel around). She was pretty good about taking out the adds.

It was apparently hell before the nerf. I never got to experience that one but the console OT was filled with horror stories.

Now that you beat it, there is a great Soul trade with Straid.

Or if you use Katanas, you can get the Chaos Blade which is the undisputed king of the ring in that category.

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously fuck all the bellbros

i should've beaten sol when servers were down

edit: what's the most bullshit build i can get to fuck them up? i want to make them suffer

Gvaz

Banned
Cool thing that took me 50 hours to notice, once you attack, you can actually spin with an ult-great sword up to almost 180degrees from where you were facing if you timed it right.

The crypt blacksword should have the greatsword moveset.

Mistel

Banned
Then what's the ugliest, darkest and evilest mask to accompany the Zweihander? I've found those truly awful Manikin Masks and the Jester's Cap. I guess there is also Lucatiel hat but, yep, that's it right? Shame there isn't a Father/Mother/Child mask because those were awesome.
Ohh you've got a lot of choice:
  1. Penal mask
  2. Creighton's steel mask
  3. Smelter demon helm
  4. Xanthous crown
  5. Dragon acoylte mask
  6. Dragon sage hood
  7. Grave warden mask
  8. Warlock mask
  9. Both ironclad helms
Personally it's a toss up between penal, Creighton's and Smelter but all are worthy of claim to being ugly.

Went and cleared out Belfry Luna while they were down, smoked the boss there.

The whole time I was going "Aw, what a shame, there's no Bellbros coming to defend the place...hahaha."

Cool thing that took me 50 hours to notice, once you attack, you can actually spin with an ult-great sword up to almost 180degrees from where you were facing if you timed it right.

Yeah man, that's Ultra Greatsword 101 in Dark Souls. Pivot slashes were boss as fuck in that game, not so much in this but still a great way to screw rolling opponents.

Levyne

Banned

edit: what's the most bullshit build i can get to fuck them up? i want to make them suffer

I've been playing NG+ all day and I haven't bothered to get back online, don't want to deal with invasions :<

Gvaz

Banned
  1. Penal mask
  3. Smelter demon helm
  4. Xanthous crown
  5. Dragon acoylte mask
  6. Dragon sage hood
  7. Grave warden mask
  8. Warlock mask
  9. Both ironclad helms
Personally it's a toss up between penal, Creighton's and Smelter but all are worthy of claim to being ugly.

Dragon Sage hood is literally a big eyeball and you're complaining?

1. Penal mask
  3. Smelter demon helm
  4. Xanthous crown
  5. Dragon acoylte mask
  6. Dragon sage hood
  7. Grave warden mask
  8. Warlock mask
  9. Both ironclad helms

Don't forget the Mad Warrior helm which is badass ugly. It's the "Predator" headpiece.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i may just unplug my internet or something to do this dungeon

it's just no fun to get 2v1'd constantly or they hit you while you're fighting the blue dudes

i don't like this at all, it's actually pretty bad

i think i may just unplug my internet or something to do this dungeon

it's just no fun to get 2v1'd constantly or they hit you while you're fighting the blue dudes

i don't like this at all, it's actually pretty bad

There should be a brief grace period of no invasions after each one, so that should give enough time to finish what you're trying to do.

Mistel

Banned
Dragon Sage hood is literally a big eyeball and you're complaining?
Ugly and doesn't match much in the whole wardrobe department.
Don't forget the Mad Warrior helm which is badass ugly. It's the "Predator" headpiece.
It's ugly but not ugly ugly.
You can get a ring even earlier than that that negates death for a minimal cost.

I just beat the
2 Dragonriders.
I've noticed each time I made the trip back
I was invaded by a dark spirit.

It happened multiple times so I know it's an npc but I looked around and didn't see anything.

When I challenged the boss it said they left my world. Where are they when they spawn?

akira28

Mad Warrior mask looks like a predator wig attached to a black skull.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How the hell are you supposed to beat the boss of
the Lost Bastille
as a melee user?

I summon help but the first one is in such a small fighting area it can nail me and take 75% of my health off in one go and since it's small quarters, I can't really heal before my summons get in. It's annoying as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom