• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

How does one kill The Du
ke's Dear Freja
?

Five times now I have been killed because it just spams the laser beam thing. I din't have enough time to heal.

Get in close, it'll only use the laser when there's no one in range of its other attacks (in my experience at least), which are mostly really easy to avoid if you circle.

biosquid2

Neo Member
How does one kill The Du
ke's Dear Freja
?

Five times now I have been killed because it just spams the laser beam thing. I don't have enough time to heal.
Stick to it's sides and you're 100% guaranteed to not get beamed; the move is blatantly telegraphed so you'll know when to react.

Grief.exe

Lightning spear did the trick,I had to re spec my build but whatever,thx Grief.exe!

No problem! I couldn't believe how quickly the lightning spears tore through the arrow guy, like butter.

You should it's a very nice greatsword. But as for the pursuer as long as you dont mind the overheads for the one handed moveset it's alright. I prefer a zwei or a drake keeper to it however.

Ya I can't wait to try the Defender out down the line, going to use the Pursuer for a while.

I didn't really like the Zwei all that much due to the low damage.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Around Level 80 and arrived at
the queen
. Is this a good level for the area, since it's the first point in a long time where ways come together again.

I finished DS1 with some crazy low level for a first walkthrough, so I can imagine I'm underleveled as usual.

Blinck

So I feel like I'm at least halfway through the game..killed a ton of bosses and am around level 100, however, I haven't found 1 single ember yet...is this normal or am I missing something?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
How does one kill The Du
ke's Dear Freja
?

Five times now I have been killed because it just spams the laser beam thing. I don't have enough time to heal.

I circled it ccw from head to head, in case of laser I ran under her (from my sight) right feet to her back, kicked her face 1 time, continued circeling, rinse and repeat. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it.

edit: By "kicked her face" I obviously meant "stab it". Don't try to actually kick. Oh and get rid of a few adds every few minutes.

Grief.exe

Around Level 80 and arrived at
the queen
. Is this a good level for the area, since it's the first point in a long time where ways come together again.

I finished DS1 with some crazy low level for a first walkthrough, so I can imagine I'm underleveled as usual.

I pretty much spent the entire second half of the game at level ~90. I finished the game at level 120 only because I had to upgrade my STR/VIG/DEX to equip the Pursuer sword while retaining >50% equip.

My SM was massive, but SL is low. I spend all my souls on upgrade materials and spells for achievements.

So I feel like I'm at least halfway through the game..killed a ton of bosses and am around level 100, however, I haven't found 1 single ember yet...is this normal or am I missing something?

Normal. Takes a long way through the game to find the upgrade ember for Mcduff.

Haunted

Really?
Has a few lines of dialogue which sorta make it seem that way/are there to give the player a bit of suspicion about him and him not warning about the trap in the place he gives to key to is a bit off, but generally he seems good
If you
kill Creighton, Pate is thankful and gives you the key to his secret stash... which is booby trapped and designed to kill you.

What a swell guy.

gogosox8

You need to go to
Iron Keep and get the dull embers and give it to the blacksmith in Lost Bastille

Edit: I must say this game is far more enjoyable on pc. Looks great and runs so much better than the ps3 version. Definately had changed my opinion on the game.

fade_

So the sound effects for the curse jars. Were they taken from a movie like Exorcist or Evil Dead? It sounds awfully familiar and I'm positive I've hear it before.

any recommended spots for sunbro-ing?

I'm seeing heaps of sunbro symbols at the Smelter demon boss gate so that could be a spot. JUST watch out and make sure the host doesn't die 5 seconds in. I just guided someone who ran away of the Alonna knights like a wimp while I was 2-3 hit killing them with ease.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
God damnit. First non-bellboy invader and I would easily have won had he not killed me with a series of dagger stabs into thin air about 6 feet away from me.

I love the Gower's Ring of Protection, perfect for using with bracing knuckle ring +2, but I find the ghosting visual effect to be really hard on the eyes. Is there any way to disable it? I'm playing on PC.

xBladeM6x

For you NVIDIA users who use Shadowplay with Dark Souls II, I'm wondering what driver version you're using? For some reason no matter what game I record, I get this microstutter ever 2-4 seconds in video of the recording.

I'm using 337.50 Beta.

JimPanzer

hmm it takes forever to get summoned to defend the bell tower (like 5-10 minutes). is my soul memory too high? anything I can do about it?

Grief.exe

For you NVIDIA users who use Shadowplay with Dark Souls II, I'm wondering what driver version you're using? For some reason no matter what game I record, I get this microstutter ever 2-4 seconds in video of the recording.

I'm using 337.50 Beta.

Roll back to the last WHQL, with the clean install option, and see if you are still effected.

I can't give you any information on shadowplay as I have a 500 series card.

Zom

Banned
hmm it takes forever to get summoned to defend the bell tower (like 5-10 minutes). is my soul memory too high? anything I can do about it?

What SL you have? yesterday I was being summoned in less than 2 minutes, one after the other, and I have like 2.5millon SL? or something like that.

burgerdog

Fuck me, this boss is actually tough when he splits. Got it to 25% health and I couldn't recover from one hit. Heal > hit about 6 times.

I'm seeing heaps of sunbro symbols at the Smelter demon boss gate so that could be a spot. JUST watch out and make sure the host doesn't die 5 seconds in. I just guided someone who ran away of the Alonna knights like a wimp while I was 2-3 hit killing them with ease.

does it matter how much soul memory I have when I drop down a soapstone for the sun heir covenant? I have like 1.8 million...

p3n

Katana running R1 is some top tier laggy shit

You obviously haven't met any Grand Lances yet...

I'm trying to figure out how to beat them with a bow. But they stab me from miles away and the model never connects when the hit is registered like 1s later.

Gvaz

Banned
well the servers are up, but i guess no one ratbros at around 2m soul level anymore :|

I even bonfire aesthetic'd the place and i haven't gotten a single bite

Garcia

That feel when you do a full circle sunbro. From beginning to end, saving the host and helping him/her to kill the stage's boss. So good.

sixghost

Is it against PvP code to use an estus in a red soapstone duel if the other guy is just running away and trying to chip me down with the avelyn? I almost never use estus in a duel unless the other guy does, but that style of fighting seems like it's designed to take advantage of that unwritten rule. It was also just boring as hell.

Is it against PvP code to use an estus in a red soapstone duel if the other guy is just running away and trying to chip me down with the avelyn? I almost never use estus in a duel unless the other guy does, but that style of fighting seems like it's designed to take advantage of that unwritten rule. It was also just boring as hell.

What PvP code? This is no gentleman's game. If he doesn't want you to use an Estus, there's an item for that... though I've never used it myself.
(Not spoilers)
Clangorous Covenent Forever!

cm osi

How does one kill The Du
ke's Dear Freja
?

there are 2 strategy to kill it. stay away from it and wait for the laser, then run at her side and hit the second head

or

stay very close to its side so you won't get hit when ste stomps and hit the head and go back to the safe spot. if you go with this, the NPC summon may help, he'll keep away the little spiders

cm osi

As a pure melee user, I really hate Da
rklurker. At first he's easy, but as soon as he splits, it's pretty much game over for me. I thought he split after you wittle his life down to 50%, but he had way more than 50% last time I fought him. I'm guessing there's a time element to it as well.

Anyone have any tips, other than infusing weapon with flame? Co-op is obviously not an option. It's also incredibly frustrating having to go through all of the other enemies before finally being able to fight it.

yes,
darklurker
is totally unbalanced for melee fighters.

i tried it many times (i had to do it on NG+) but when i was running out of effigy i just gave up, remade my characters as a cleric and shove great lightning spears up his ass. he's very weak to fire and lightning

biosquid2

Neo Member
Man... I hate it when a beautiful character goes hollow.

ivd0Vmezqm99c.bmp
ibnA3V8g04vObV.bmp

It's generally frowned upon yes. Given how cheap the Avelyn can be with a proper setup, I can see how it would be tempting. I still wouldn't do it though. Red Phantoms can't estus through soapstone anyway.

One of the reasons it can be frustrating and boring.

does it matter how much soul memory I have when I drop down a soapstone for the sun heir covenant? I have like 1.8 million...

No idea. I have less than 1 million myself, just finished off the Old Iron King. But loads of summon symbols everywhere, I'm loving that.

I can't remember what was the soul memory threshold that eventually bunched up everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom