• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just beat the
2 Dragonriders.
I've noticed each time I made the trip back
I was invaded by a dark spirit.

It happened multiple times so I know it's an npc but I looked around and didn't see anything.

When I challenged the boss it said they left my world. Where are they when they spawn?

Took me a while to find them too. Invader spawns behind you in the room with the
Nashandra portrait.

impact

Banned
seriously fuck all the bellbros

i should've beaten sol when servers were down

edit: what's the most bullshit build i can get to fuck them up? i want to make them suffer

Anything with a katana since you can apparently hit people 40 feet away. They must hit the air so powerfully that it damages me. This game can be atrocious online.

I love the Sinner's Rise boss fight in NG+. Though still a bit easy.

Lucky you're playing the game with the casual patch. Too bad PC players couldn't play the game before it was nerfed to hell.

Gvaz

Banned
I have given up on ratbroing at 2m SM. No bites in 45 minutes, even with the delicate ring on and trying to use dried fingers

Levyne

Banned
How the hell are you supposed to beat the boss of
the Lost Bastille
as a melee user?

I summon help but the first one is in such a small fighting area it can nail me and take 75% of my health off in one go and since it's small quarters, I can't really heal before my summons get in. It's annoying as shit.

The NPC summon is really helpful there. I had a big ass shield and just keep "aggro" on me while the NPC did most of the work. Yeah the first is in a really small area but you want to try to beat him up there so that you don't have to deal with all of them at the bottom.

Gvaz

Banned
Gotta go to ng+ with that SM.

I got that SM hours ago before beating nashandra on another char. i ended up beating all the bosses at 4m SM. Didn't pop a single soul but acetic'd a few times some places.

this one's just at 2m tho. soul memory is stupid.

The only luck I'm having is in the
castle between the king door and the room with the sentinals

and the idiots i summon always aggro all of them and die

Wok

Strangely, I have a problem with the online features of the game: I can read messages left by others, I can see ghosts, I can be invaded in Belfry Luna, I can summon the help of others when I am in human form, but everytime I try to invade someone or to help someone, I get stuck for 5 minutes at the loading screen and then I get a message that the online connection failed and timed out.

Uthred

The
Drangleic set
is too good for how early you get it, the shield is fine but the rest you dont replace for ages with any character that bothers with armour. Then again I was talking to someone who hadnt cleared
Pursuer
even though they'd downed the
Lost Sinner
so I suppose there is a chance you wont get it super early.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The NPC summon is really helpful there. I had a big ass shield and just keep "aggro" on me while the NPC did most of the work. Yeah the first is in a really small area but you want to try to beat him up there so that you don't have to deal with all of them at the bottom.

You misunderstand, if I get hit at all, I'm pretty much dead before the summons get there.

NPC summon or human summons, don't matter. We can pot-shot that one but it'll fall eventually and then we're screwed if I'm not screwed entering and dodging in the meantime.

(BTW does that NPC even matter in the story? I'd just summon two humans otherwise)

Thrakier

So I am level 41. So far I put everything into VIT, END and that other one I don't know...ADB or so? I'm not sure. Whatever. Nothing in STR and DEX. Maybe a bit in DEX, IDK.

Anyway, can I still go hybrid build like melee but with one strong spell? If so...how so?

Strangely, I have a problem with the online features of the game: I can read messages left by others, I can see ghosts, I can be invaded in Belfry Luna, I can summon the help of others when I am in human form, but everytime I try to invade someone or to help someone, I get stuck for 5 minutes at the loading screen and then I get a message that the online connection failed and timed out.

Did it ever work for you? Have you disconnected a lot from multiplayer sessions? The game allegedly blocks out coop and your ability to invade if you disconnect too much, but you can still be invaded.

How the hell are you supposed to beat the boss of
the Lost Bastille
as a melee user?

I summon help but the first one is in such a small fighting area it can nail me and take 75% of my health off in one go and since it's small quarters, I can't really heal before my summons get in. It's annoying as shit.

On that fight it's absolutely crucial to make sure the boss is still in an attack and you have sufficient space before you heal. It aggroes bigtime when you try to flask so you want to be done with the animation and ready to dodge when that happens.

The diving stab and the end of the three hit combo should be good times to heal up. If the boss does a combo and then jumps back, don't go for it. It'll charge you down and typically stab to finish you off mid-flask.

Alright so I see fighting the
Ancient Dragon
is a no-go unless your mega prepped for it.

Where do I go next? I'm kinda at a loss what to do next with the item the
Dragon
gave me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Get a 100% Physical defense shield or just roll past them to stay behind them.

Boss is optional if you can find the shortcut.

You mean that door to no where and dropping down? That still leads to the boss, AFAIK.

Wok

Did it ever work for you? Have you disconnected a lot from multiplayer sessions? The game allegedly blocks out coop and your ability to invade if you disconnect too much, but you can still be invaded.

I have tried 3-4 times and it never worked. I suspect something to do with Windows7 firewall, but I cannot find any relevant piece of info online.

Vitor711

Man... I hate it when a beautiful character goes hollow.

ivd0Vmezqm99c.bmp
ibnA3V8g04vObV.bmp

It's like Beyonce always said: If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it.

The ring that lets you keep human form when hollowed that is.

Grief.exe

I meant your characters lightning and dark attack damage bonus. They will likely go negative.

In the character sheet the Lighting BNS is the same with or without the chime equipped, if that is what you are referring to.

Alright so I see fighting the
Ancient Dragon
is a no-go unless your mega prepped for it.

Where do I go next? I'm kinda at a loss what to do next with the item the
Dragon
gave me.

Do you remember any areas in the game where there were some remnants from a battle fought long ago? Beings that are resting peacefully?

Grief.exe

Vendrick is a beast! I do like 200 damage a pop and his health bar is massive!

Last thing on my list before NG+, don't think I will get it done before I leave.

In the character sheet the Lighting BNS is the same with or without the chime equipped, if that is what you are referring to.

Ya, that was it. Interesting, I would think there is a negative impact, just can't see where it would manifest.

You mean that door to no where and dropping down? That still leads to the boss, AFAIK.

That is shortcut to the boss. Need the Antiquated key and a Pharros Lockstone to unlock.

omfg this is bullshit. the users never know what to do, i end up wasting like ten minutes and then the guy disappears and i get nothing

Vendrick is a beast! I do like 200 damage a pop and his health bar is massive!

Last thing on my list before NG+, don't think I will get it done before I leave.

His physical defense drops by 50% for every Soul of a giant in your possession. There are 5 total.

akira28

Man... I hate it when a beautiful character goes hollow.

ivd0Vmezqm99c.bmp
ibnA3V8g04vObV.bmp

Yesterday saw a SunBro Sister running around in some short miniskirt and a what looked like a bikini top, she and I had been summoned to some elite knight's Bastille Boss run, and she does look nice all glowing gold, etc. So the host knight starts harassing her! He gets on one knee and does all sorts of gestures and running into her, and she's swiping at him with her club, and I'm saying into the mic "Am I going to have to report someone for assault?" And he won't stop, so we start running towards enemies, and there are none. He's killed them all before us. So its her and me running down empty corridors, trying to get away from Sir Sexual Harassment. Since we're just trying to get our requirement rewards, he corners us at the boss fog, and won't go in until she starts gesturing no and pointing away. So he goes in to face the Three Sentinels, and kinda dies before we can get there.

I was cracking up into the mic the whole time.

eot

Banned
Seriously, RRA
Should I just wait for the boss to kill the adds? I've not been able to kill all four even once and I must be at 15 attempts

Grief.exe

His physical defense drops by 50% for every Soul of a giant in your possession. There are 5 total.

Ya I have the
3 giants + ancient Dragon at Duke's
. Don't really want to bother with the
Ancient Dragon this run

Yesterday saw a SunBro Sister running around in some short miniskirt and a what looked like a bikini top, she and I had been summoned to some elite knight's Bastille Boss run, and she does look nice all glowing gold, etc. So the host knight starts harassing her! He gets on one knee and does all sorts of gestures and running into her, and she's swiping at him with her club, and I'm saying into the mic "Am I going to have to report someone for assault?" And he won't stop, so we start running towards enemies, and there are none. He's killed them all before us. So its her and me running down empty corridors, trying to get away from Sir Sexual Harassment. Since we're just trying to get our requirement rewards, he corners us at the boss fog, and won't go in until she starts gesturing no and pointing away. So he goes in to face the Three Sentinels, and kinda dies before we can get there.

Would have been funnier if he was just using the binoculars to stare at 'epic chest ahead.'

Oh come on, the hollow with the torch just screwed me in the crypt. Ha

lol that happened to me too.

Jintor

this is perhaps the last game i'd have expected to meet a fedorabro in

Akai XIII

The only luck I'm having is in the
castle between the king door and the room with the sentinals

and the idiots i summon always aggro all of them and die
My SM is 2.5m and I'm getting summoned here non stop... But, like you say, the host just fights them... Dies.

Think I might start NG+.

Zafir

Seriously, RRA
Should I just wait for the boss to kill the adds? I've not been able to kill all four even once and I must be at 15 attempts
Considering the toxic debuff is pretty annoying, it would be in your best interest to kill them, but if you can't kill them all it isn't the end of the world. When I killed him, I think I only managed to get 3 down, and the last one got killed by the boss.

Piano

Banned
I've tried searching the thread and looking on the Nexus:

Is there any ENB / SweetFX / whatever mod yet that restores the darkness / necessity of torches from the original game without adding a bunch of other crap?

That wickfut video a week ago was amazing but now it looks like he's added tons of other stuff. I want the original look of the game, with as little performance hit as possible, just want to need torches.

EDIT: just saw this post:
The verdict is both GeDoSaTo and the ENB are sweet... until they crash your shit, which they will. If it happens during co - op too many times, which it will, From will punish you by removing your summoning privileges. You have to use a Bone of Order to get them back. You get 1 per character, no more even in NG+ and beyond. The only way to get more is to leave your game running for like 8 hours, then head to Things Betwixt to the altar.

I know because this bulllshit just happened to me. Don't use either the GeDoSaTo or the ENB during co op if you experience frequent crashes. Thought I got VAC banned at first.

Maybe I'll wait until my second playthrough so it's smoothed over?

Mhm, according to a lore video I watched, it seems the A
ncient
D
ragon
is actually
not a real dragon but a creation of Aldia's or possibly Aldia himself. Guess that makes sense. That asshole, I spared him because I thought it was a noble old beast, he's going down now. Then on to new game plus!

Thanks for all the mask recommendations. lol, I'm turning this thread into Fashion Souls for real. Anyway, I may have to post my current armor and build soon so I see where to go from there. Almost level 100 and still have my soul vessels in case I need re-spec.

I'm quite liking the fast travelling from the go. It makes picking co-op spots and travelling to far away doors less cumbersome, although several times I did opt to travel on foot. The enemies despawning feature feels odd but there are some places that are so damn bullshit with the enemy spawns (more like hordes and, quoting someone else, zerg rushes) that I'm glad some stuff despawns to stop wasting my precious durability.

Also, is it worth to use the Fragrant branch of yore on those petrified enemies at the Shaded Ruins?

JustinBB7

Finished Dark Covenent quest line, what a bitch that was.

All I have left is the
Ancient Dragon
then I've beat every boss in the game this run. Then I'm off to NG+ to get my remaining achievements.

What do you keep with NG+ this time, anything special? Just items or other stuff too? Wonder if lighted scones will stay lit for example, or bonfire intensity.

Seriously, RRA

I'm not proud of how I did it, but I can't complain with the results. It must have taken me two dozen or more tries to finally beat the fiend.

(boss spoilers)
For the Royal Rat Authority fight I was fortunate enough to have a pyromancy 'proximity mine.' I just set three of those and then aggroed the rats, and they would all gleefully charge into the radius of the explosion. I don't know what I would have done without that pyromancy, a glove, and an attunement slot ring.

For Royal Ray Authority himself, that took a different tactic altogether. I had zero success using melee weapons (I've never hit him with a melee attack), so I ended up staying far away from him and whittling away at his healthbar using a shortbow. It took far too long, but it did manage to kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom