• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i think i finished belfry sol? seemed like there was really a super small optional pvp area or something?

anyways, after being invaded by shrek and 420praiseit, i had like an 8 minute crazy adventure with a bellbro invader

guy invaded me and i had like 18k souls on my bloodstain so i wasn't taking any chances, i was gonna make it out alive, whatever it takes

so we start to fight and i'm clearly winning, his attempts at lag-parrying fail and my +7 rapier is pretty overpowered so i sneak a couple hits in between his attacks and get him down to half health, pushing him towards the other end of the rooftops

09387EDBF854B5623402397E707632A82300B734

mr. caius maximus then notices my bloodstain, surrounded by the two archer dwarves that killed me last time, so he decides to try and bait me there, so he has backup from the archers.

i wasn't having any of it, so i stay back and we trade a couple arrow shots, he's pretty bad at timing them i guess cos most of mine land and none of his do. then he just stands there with his guard up and start throwing hello! stones. guy starts throwing them back.

that gets boring after a while, so now it's a gesture duel!

praise the sun!

now we're both getting pretty bored, he drops down and goes all the way around the back.

i thought about poking him while he was on the ladder, but i still have some humanity left

we cross swords again, this time he actually connects a lot of hits, even throws his super pyromancy flame thingie from dks1 and leaves me hanging by a thread

i don't estus when i summon red people to duel but this place was getting on my nerves so estus'd it up and kept on fighting

finally got a few more hits on him and now he was stupidly close to death. we could continue the archer dance but i think he learned that he wasn't gonna beat my patience

he ran to me, turned his back and let me backstab him

and so gray spirit caius maximus was vanquished

i threw a final hello rock in his honor

HoosTrax

Hmm. Is there a way to get to the "normal"start of Lost Bastille if I got there the bird courier way? There's a portcullis that's closed and the lever is on the other side.

2AdEPT

Alright so I see fighting the
Ancient Dragon
is a no-go unless your mega prepped for it.

Where do I go next? I'm kinda at a loss what to do next with the item the
Dragon
gave me.

you can do
dragon
....just rape the AI!! (spoilers on how to make the fight easier...no major equipment needed just patience...my main weapon breaks in this segment and finish him with a rapier in my left hand)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
"That thing was too big to be called a sword. Too big, too thick, too heavy, and too rough, it was more like a large hunk of iron..."
screenshot133936mgrsc.png

eot

Banned
Do you have any weapons with a running horizontal slash? Helped me a lot with that.

Got three of the little shits with a lucky Zwei swing (I always kill one initially). After that the fight was a much easier version of Sif. Ugh. I'll take Bed of Chaos over this, no wonder they placed the bonfire where they did.

Cerity

Maybe I got used to it with anor londo but I didn't find iron keep all that annoying. I found bright cave and shrine of amana to be far more annoying thanks to those homing soul masses.

Just running around with pursuer's UGS in one hand and a GS in the other just for shits. It's actually quite fun when I get summoned for a boss and manage to pull it off.

The
Drangleic set
is too good for how early you get it, the shield is fine but the rest you dont replace for ages with any character that bothers with armour. Then again I was talking to someone who hadnt cleared
Pursuer
even though they'd downed the
Lost Sinner
so I suppose there is a chance you wont get it super early.

Yeah I havn't found anything better accross the board yet. The shield is still holding its own as well. Shame is upgrades with Twinkling.

I'd expect so.

The best times I've had with DS2 have definitely so far been bellbro invasions. They're just so fun.

And it's even better when it happens so quick. I can usually do about 4-5 runs in 10 minutes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No-
Man's Wharf and I aren't getting along, it'd be easy enough for me to run through if I could see was going, but I don't quite know every route yet, and the silly arm monsters have been the toughest things for me to fight yet. Nothing I have does enough damage to them to make fighting more than 2 at a time an option...

Just got to the Iron Keep room with all the archers. FML

I tried sniping the first one with nocs + spells. It takes too long and isn't worth it. Just run from him and keep out of line of sight when you engage the others.

No-
Man's Wharf and I aren't getting along, it'd be easy enough for me to run through if I could see was going, but I don't quite know every route yet, and the silly arm monsters have been the toughest things for me to fight yet. Nothing I have does enough damage to them to make fighting more than 2 at a time an option...

Keep a torch handy.

Raic

Neo Member
No-

They seem to live in dark places.

MayMay

Banned
No-

They are
scared of torches

Lightning Spears are so much better than Magic Arrows, wow.

Miracles > Sorcery confirmed. :(

And a quick question about performance: I thought my notebook would be able to handle DS2 just fine, but after 15 minutes of gameplay the fps goes from 60 to 20...

I did a quick check while playing the game: all four cores start at 2.8mhz then after a while, down to 800mhz.

What could be the reason? Maybe the CPU is getting too hot?

Gvaz

Banned
Lightning Spears are so much better than Magic Arrows, wow.

Miracles > Sorcery confirmed. :(

And a quick question about performance: I thought my notebook would be able to handle DS2 just fine, but after 15 minutes of gameplay the fps goes from 60 to 20...

I did a quick check while playing the game: all four cores start at 2.8mhz then after a while, down to 800mhz.

What could be the reason? Maybe the CPU is getting too hot?

Whatever the spell is that homes in on you in Cove is bullshit. BULLSHIT.

Raic

Neo Member
So if I imbue a weapon with magic, poison, etc.. do I take it to +10 first or just skip that and just imbue it right away?

Doesn't matter. They are separate things. The +X will stay forever. You can imbue/deimbue it as many times as you wish without affecting it.

burgerdog

Bah, feels like every thing I check now gives me an "Alas, nothing happened." Is Aldia's keep my only option right now? I've done everything up to that point, except for the zone that's to the right of Brightstone in the quick travel menu, which I have no idea how to get to atm.

Whatever the spell is that homes in on you in Cove is bullshit. BULLSHIT.
Wait until you get to Shrine of Amana. MWAHAHAHA

But those spells are exclusive to enemies, Magic Arrow don't travel that far, you can't even snipe with it, which is why Lightning Spears are superior in both damage and range.

jediyoshi

Yikes. I hit a wall after the 5th boss of not knowing where to go, so I took another stroll around the world. Ended up finding about 6 bonfires and 2 environments I never ran into but was clearly supposed to have already. The game makes so much more sense now.

2AdEPT

No-

try
light
.they hate it. there is a conveniently place light source of two separate kinds in the level...one is free. the other costs you a lock stone.

Haunted

Bah, feels like every thing I check now gives me an "Alas, nothing happened." Is Aldia's keep my only option right now? I've done everything up to that point, except for the zone that's to the right of Brightstone in the quick travel menu, which I have no idea how to get to atm.
Aye, there's an item you need at the end of that progression of areas.

How the hell are you supposed to beat the boss of
the Lost Bastille
as a melee user?

I summon help but the first one is in such a small fighting area it can nail me and take 75% of my health off in one go and since it's small quarters, I can't really heal before my summons get in. It's annoying as shit.

Gear:
ez-mode it with a 100% phys def shield like the Drangleic shield, I had to give up my Demon Great Hammer to use a club and shield, but it was worth it.

Strat A:
Be good at dodging. Fight the sentinels one at a time on the first platform you are on when you land. This way they should usually only be 1 at a time on the platform and you won't have to deal with 2 at once.

Strat B:
Get a good 100% / tower shield, heavy armour, and the red-eye ring. Tank the fight while your summon(s) kill the sentinels.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Took me about 4 hours to finally get a combination of the AI summon and Human melee to kite with me to let the AI beat the boss. Geez. :/ I think it may be time to start buffing my VIT from the default Deprived level...

onionfrog

I started a new character...
Man, maces are OP.
This basic Mace at +3 is doing more damage per hit and hitting faster than my bastard sword +5!

Ruin sentinels went down so fast!

LiK

I started a new character...
Man, maces are OP.
This basic Mace at +3 is doing more damage per hit and hitting faster than my bastard sword +5!

depends on the enemies but strike weapons are pretty good against most armored enemies. the range and moveset for most is what kills it for me to use as my main.

EasyMode

Finally reached RRA... So that's why people hate this boss!

I also can't lay down my summon sign in this area? What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom