• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

onionfrog

Finally reached RRA... So that's why people hate this boss!

I also can't lay down my summon sign in this area? What's up with that?
IIRC You can't summon for that fight. :(

The rats are the worst part about it though.
Once you've killed the rats just stay directly underneath him and attack his rear legs.

Yeah, the "final" boss and really the entire end game is kind of odd in that there's no indication that you're nearing a conclusion. I soul geysered the boss and was done in 10 seconds, lol.

Yeah, the "final" boss and really the entire end game is kind of odd in that there's no indication that you're nearing a conclusion. I soul geysered the boss and was done in 10 seconds, lol.

Yeah even gwyn is tougher imo, should go back and play Dark Souls again after acquiring more dodging skills. I think S&O and Manus are still harder than any boss in Ds2. Ancient Dragon is a bitch but he's not mechanically complicated.

Yeah even gwyn is tougher imo, should go back and play Dark Souls again after acquiring more dodging skills. I think S&O and Manus are still harder than any boss in Ds2. Ancient Dragon is a bitch but he's not mechanically complicated.

Tortaly agree, Nashandra is the most disappointing final boss in the series. Ancient Dragon is tough, but mostly because of a gimmick OHKO aoe spell. It is hard and not fun. He's got nothing on Kalameet. Now that was a difficult but very fun fight.

Do you have to be a human to summon?

You have to be a human to:
- summon white/gold soap stones
- use red/blue eye orb
- use red soap stone
- be summoned as a blue arbiter with the covenant ring

Do not have to be human to:
- place your white soap stone sign
- place your dragon eye sign
- to be invaded by others using red/blue eye

Tortaly agree, Nashandra is the most disappointing final boss in the series. Ancient Dragon is tough, but mostly because of a gimmick OHKO aoe spell. It is hard and not fun. He's got nothing on Kalameet. Now that was a difficult but very fun fight.

I remember spending hours trying to get his tail sword. Probably the hardest weapon to get in ds1.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh...

Huntsman's Copse
Should I be there? I moved the path with the numerous souls I got from the boss I struggled with (and filled my spells out instead of leveling up. Doh?) but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here yet or not.

So, uh...

Huntsman's Copse
Should I be there? I moved the path with the numerous souls I got from the boss I struggled with (and filled my spells out instead of leveling up. Doh?) but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here yet or not.

You sure can be, but might want to push the other available paths a bit more first if you haven't already.

So, uh...

Huntsman's Copse

What areas have you completed? Huntsman's copse isn't particularly hard but do not go up the path with the executioner like guys with halberds. That leads to an area completely optional and is much harder than the rest of the area.

Feltrol

Banned
I've only played a Knight on DS1 and DS2 and I wanted to try something new, maybe a Sorcercer. What Stats should be top priority for a Sorcerer?

I only hope it's fun to play.

I've only played a Knight on DS1 and DS2 and I wanted to try something new, maybe a Sorcercer. What Stats should be top priority for a Sorcerer?

Attunement for spell cast speed and more spell slots. Int for dmg and meeting requirements for spells. Get as much endurance and vigor as you feel you need. The rest you can forget about.

Uthred

Intelligence, the highest level spell has an int requirement of 64 but you can lower that with spice (which must flow!). After that Attunement, you can probably leave that in the mid 20s-30 as you get gear that adds attunement slot. After that just get your other stats up to meet whatever requirements you need for the backup weapons/gear you want to use

Guys, newb question: how do I add new gestures in the gesture menu on pc using keyboard ie which key do I press?

I don't imagine many people are playing with kb/m, but on a controller you press Y in the gesture menu to switch it out. The Y button 2-hand's a weapon in-game, so you might want to look up the keybind for that and try it out.

True. The only places that gave me trouble were
Shrine of Amana (fuck those homing soul arrows near the 3rd bonfire) and Executioner's Chariot. Just getting to that lever was a pain in the ass. Couldn't do it without summons.
I'd imagine most people have trouble with the shrine unless they use a bow (which is what i did in my first playthrough).

Feltrol

Banned
Attunement for spell cast speed and more spell slots. Int for dmg and meeting requirements for spells. Get as much endurance and vigor as you feel you need. The rest you can forget about.

Intelligence, the highest level spell has an int requirement of 64 but you can lower that with spice (which must flow!). After that Attunement, you can probably leave that in the mid 20s-30 as you get gear that adds attunement slot. After that just get your other stats up to meet whatever requirements you need for the backup weapons/gear you want to use

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. :)

Haunted

I was so caught up in the individual lore of the areas and the history of Drangleic that I didn't really get what happened at the end, actually.

The ending was once again pretty shitty and abrupt, but I didn't really get the cycle and how the whole business with the first flame was suddenly sprung on us (at least it felt that way). It felt like a distraction from the initial goal and didn't provide proper closure to the whole setup of the game which consisted of trying to get rid of the player's undead curse. Which sitting on the throne of want might or might not have done, I don't even know.

impact

Banned
So as I was trying to get summoned in the Belltower I kept getting invaded so I decided to sit behind the ladder and destroy anyone who dared postpone my sorceries achievement. I used to be honorable in DS1, but I have a no fucks given attitude in this game with how many terrible gimmick builds there are and how bad the hitboxes are. No remorse.

KingKong

man restarting was an awesome idea. Just soloed the Ruined Sentinels on my first try :D. Couple of qs:

1) I've been upgrading the fire sword you get early on, is that gonna backfire on me?
2) Should I be upgrading my armor/shield? I'm using the stuff you find after the Pursuer and I do have some twinkling titanite
3) I'm basically dumping all my points into strength and endurance - is this viable? I do have that respec item in case I mess up, but my thinking is I want to hit hard and have a lot of stamina

biosquid2

Neo Member
Guys, newb question: how do I add new gestures in the gesture menu on pc using keyboard ie which key do I press?
You should have figured this out yourself by looking carefully at the available key bindings or by simply pressing keys. The game lets you rebind the function to two-hand your weapon and the function to organize gestures to either the same OR completely different buttons. The button to toggle menus when prompted is the button you bound to two-hand. The button to revert settings to default / view more gestures is the button you bound to Function 2.

Controls for keyboard and mouse are excellent (once the mouse buttons are remapped to keyboard buttons, removing the delay). W, A, S, D keys are good enough for general movement, but become absolutely perfect during strafe mode when locked-on to an enemy. I love the quick responsiveness and precision of camera movement with the mouse.

burgerdog

Holy shiiiiit. Aldia's Keep boss room graphics are awesome. When the game isn't faking its lighting it looks amazing.

^ 360 wired. Tried my ds4 and it felt equally good. So much easier to just play with the 360, though. As long as it's not a ds3 I can't complain.

Hahaha, what the fuck? Even harder? It was plenty hard the first time through with all those homing soul arrows and a torch taking your shield slot because you can't see shit in the water to see if you can step there without falling to your death.

Oh yeah, it was rough. I couldn't make it through without using the npc summon as a distraction. However, I came back later with poison arrows and a bow, then it was a stroll in the park.

If I drop a summon sign and I rest at a bonfire or travel via bonfire does it remove it?

edit: haha nvm. it just told me it was removed when i arrived.

burgerdog

Hm, I stopped raising my endurance at 20 because that's when it stopped giving me 2 points per level. Not quiet satisfied with that. Where do you guys usually stop?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I drop a summon sign and I rest at a bonfire or travel via bonfire does it remove it?

edit: haha nvm. it just told me it was removed when i arrived.

Any loading screen will remove it.

But you can rest at the bonfire and then leave it to resupply and your mark won't go.

Though the mark will resupply you if you successfully help someone anyway...

phoenix296 said:
>>where<<

Lost Bastille
. I haven't gone past the boss area but to light a bonfire past there. I moved the path and am at where I said I was to ask if I'm going the right direction.

Altazor

FINALLY BEAT
FREJA
. Took me like 3-4 tries, and some of those were INCREDIBLY frustrating because I managed to get the damn thing to the last sliver of health and then I'd die
swarmed by the little spiders or stomped or death-ray'd
. In short,
FUCK YOU SPIDER. I'M AN ARACHNOPHOBE AND I STILL BEAT YOU.

Feels good man.

Gazoinks

FINALLY BEAT
FREJA
. Took me like 3-4 tries, and some of those were INCREDIBLY frustrating because I managed to get the damn thing to the last sliver of health and then I'd die
swarmed by the little spiders or stomped or death-ray'd
. In short,
FUCK YOU SPIDER. I'M AN ARACHNOPHOBE AND I STILL BEAT YOU.

Feels good man.

Haha, congratulations. Most frustrating moment of my playthrough so far is when I ascetic'd that boss and spent like four hours trying to beat it. Did it finally! So satisfying, even though I lost over 140,000 souls.

In other news, I've got the missions from
the dude in Aldia's Keep, and I need Cale's helm. So I go to the map room and, er, Cale is gone? I never attacked him or anything, does he move at some point or has he just mysteriously vanished? Anything I can do or am I screwed?

Lost Bastille
. I haven't gone past the boss area but to light a bonfire past there. I moved the path and am at where I said I was to ask if I'm going the right direction.

You should be OK. The copse isn't particularly hard except that option area I mentioned previously.

In other news, I've got the missions from
the dude in Aldia's Keep, and I need Cale's helm. So I go to the map room and, er, Cale is gone? I never attacked him or anything, does he move at some point or has he just mysteriously vanished? Anything I can do or am I screwed?
I'm not sure about him disappearing but to
get his helm you need to beat the game if you don't want to kill him. I believe the required bosses you need for him to give it to you are the four bosses with primal bonfires and the final boss.

burgerdog

What in the world, I am in grave of the of the saints and I got summoned as a phantom. So this guy keeps waving at me and I'm staying back ready to attack him, not wanting to get lured in to enemies. He kept waving and waving and turned his back and let me get right next to him. I follow him reluctantly and dispatch random rats here and there. He led me to a fog gate, wat. Objective complete. I am so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom